Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the official editor to work with KeeperFX

Default Re: How to get the official editor to work with KeeperFX

Oof, I feel like a dork. As soon as I put it in my C drive it started to work. I haven't tried starting it multiple times but it appears to work now. Aside from being a bit choppy and laggy at time, it works pretty well. Can't tell you how much I appreciated the help, thanks! Will post back if I experience any other issues.

Hello im bringing some life to this thread again. I have tried to get the editor to work but i allways get stuck att the disc with the question mark please help me.

That means you have done one of the steps incorrectly.

Make sure that:
    • You've got all the files there
    • You've got the folders all there
    • You've got the correct path configured in the config file
    • You don't have the folder on your desktop

Ok..., the only thing left is the path then where is the easiest to put it and what should the path be then?
    And thx for fast answear BTW

That is step 4 from the first post. Make sure your .cfg looks like Dragonslover posted, or use the full path (replace the ./ with for example 'E:\alphesgames\DungeonKeeper\'.

Ok that helped but new problem now i get stuck during the disc scene no mark tho and i have a mouse pointer but i can't do anything.

Ok i got it to start and it works well i think but it is så hard to move it is still too fast any thing that can prevent or help with the speed problem?

Quote Originally Posted by alpe0504 View Post
    Ok i got it to start and it works well i think but it is så hard to move it is still too fast any thing that can prevent or help with the speed problem?
    What did you do to fix your last problem? (It is useful to know for other people who run into that issue)

The game speed shouldn't be a problem if you use the map instead of scrolling, but if you find it annoying see this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cimbrian View Post
    Good news people

You CAN make the editor run at a comfortable speed, if you run it with Advanced Game Loader, a small prog I used earlier to slow down the original Dungeon Keeper and Deeper Dungeons. Works well with the editor as well. You can find it here: http://www.sven-of-nine.de/site/doku.php/downloads

I run it at 20% speed, works fine for me, but you may want it running at a different speed depending on your pc and how you like it.
    It comes with a good help file, but I'll be happy to assist if you want me to.

Happy editing to you

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    What did you do to fix your last problem? (It is useful to know for other people who run into that issue)

The game speed shouldn't be a problem if you use the map instead of scrolling, but if you find it annoying see this post:
    ohh sorry i changed the path so it pointed to the orginal game not FX and it worked =)

i will give it some more tries with the same speed if not i use the extra program, sad thing is that i have just about got the hang of using the Adikted map editor =), maybe i can use both hehe.

They work great side by side. Adikted has a lot more content and possibilities, the official editor allows you to see what you make.