Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: How to get the official editor to work with KeeperFX

Default Re: How to get the official editor to work with KeeperFX

I followed the tutorial, and everything is set up well, thanks DragonsLover!

I found that on my Windows 7 machine I could not get the color palette to display correctly for the Map Editor. I tried compatibility settings, and a registry fix, but I could only get the correct palette by using DXWnd. Just use the default settings, except for selecting fullscreen mode (windowed mode does work, but the mouse does not play nicely and the window size cannot be altered). Make sure you disable all compatibility options in Windows (these seem to conflict).
    As stated by DragonsLover, if the palette gets messed up, save and restart the application.

DXWnd also allows you simulate a slower clock speed for the application. Go to the "Timing" tab and tick "CPU slow down" and enter a value in the ratio box. I use a 1:30 ratio on my 3770K (so I entered 30 in the setting menu). The mouse is a little jittery, but you can scroll around much more easily (no more hyper-speed mode!)

Imp

OK, folks, I've seen a lot of info about how to make the Editor run in older OSes like Windows 7, but I've got 11 Pro and, after following almost *everything* covered in this thread I can get it to start and progress (with weird colors, but that's not important to me) to where the CD is active (no "?"), but after the CD it shuts down - I can't actually get to the editor itself.

I saw the posts about using a third-party CPU slowing app (I don't remember the name) but if I'm already using dxwnd, how to I run both? It didn't seem to be covered.

I'm not sure that's even the solution, but I figure it's a place to start ...

help?

Quote Originally Posted by jspyder View Post
    OK, folks, I've seen a lot of info about how to make the Editor run in older OSes like Windows 7, but I've got 11 Pro and, after following almost *everything* covered in this thread I can get it to start and progress (with weird colors, but that's not important to me) to where the CD is active (no "?"), but after the CD it shuts down - I can't actually get to the editor itself.

I saw the posts about using a third-party CPU slowing app (I don't remember the name) but if I'm already using dxwnd, how to I run both? It didn't seem to be covered.

I'm not sure that's even the solution, but I figure it's a place to start ...

help?
    Is there a specific reason you want this? If you just want to make maps, there is the unearth editor now, that is easier to use, is a modern application that works on modern systems and can do a lot more then the official editor ever could: https://keeperfx.net/workshop/item/1/unearth