Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Things I'd love to see changed in KeeperFX

  
  1. #1
    Dark God DragonsLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    1,490
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: dragonslover

    Default Things I'd love to see changed in KeeperFX

    Here are some suggestions of mine I'd like to see changed into KeeperFX. There's no hurry for them to be altered, but that would make the game better imho.

    - When a creature from a Keeper is stunned by an enemy Keeper, I'd like that his hunger time stops and returns to maximum while stunned or, if it's a bit exaggerated, just stops. I really consider stupid that a stunned creature dies from hunger. I'd like for him to starve to death only when he's awaken.
    - When a creature attacks a creature that is of the same Keeper (when two creatures fight among themselves for example) and imprisoning is ON, I'd love that the other creature DIES instead of being stunned. It doesn't make sense for two creatures that hate themselves to just stun his natural enemy.
    - It would be nice to have an option that displays the amount of health as a number instead of the creature's name when clicking on the health bar in Query mode. For example, for a level 1 Bile demon, we could see 1200/1200 instead of his name when clicking with the LMB.
    - I'd like to have some patrols in the game with script commands along with that. It would of course require to tweak the AI a little bit to ensure that patrolling parties keep patrolling after they attack or are been attacked.
    - It would be nice that "unused" or "not working" things could work back in game. For example in scripts: STEAL_SPELLS, BREAK_IN, TIMES_BROKEN_INTO... Maybe we could do something with creature's loyalty too.
    - For Skybird Trill, the last level, I thought about the use of the unused speeches and I guess some hardcoding is required for that level. I really think the Avatar should "vanish" in that level, but only when he's imprisoned or stunned. This is to avoid the Keeper to have it in his army. That would make sense.
    - As you probably know, the Goodies CD of Dungeon Keeper has some unused creature and in-game sounds. Would be nice to actually use them. I have even a few additional ones from Beta versions and I already use two of them in my unofficial patch even though one of them is silent. It is sound number 174 (not 0 based) in Sound.dat file called TABFALL.WAV. Would be nice to have it working in-game. Same goes for the speeches as well. Some are missing with special crates. Would be nice to add them.
    - I have an idea about the "Workshop bug" where some unused trap crates may remain in the Workshop thus using useless extra space. I don't know actually how it actually works in-game, but my idea is to make two arrays or tables that are interconnected to each other: one that is about placed traps and the other that is about the trap crates. When a trap is being manufactured, it is added into the first table and keeps being filled. Once we decide to place a trap, a counter would be shown next to the mouse cursor's place trap icon. Example : "Alarm trap X 3" where 3 is the number of alarm traps available you can place. Once a trap is placed, it only decreases THAT counter, NOT the one shown into the control panel -> that counter should only show the AMOUNT OF CRATES available in all your workshops so that, when an imp takes that crate, it decreases the counter by one. Each crate in the first table I said above should be linked to a trap spot of the second table so that, if you place a trap and sell it, the crate linked to it should vanish as well, even if the imp would be carrying it, thus avoiding making cash on a disarmed trap. That's my basic idea, and if you're somewhat confused, just ask me.
    - Would it be possible to actually hardcode the Avatar to have two similar sword melee attacks not being used simultaneously. I know it's already possible to give the two different melee attacks, one with sword and the other with fist, but they don't produce the same sound when hitting something and it's ugly. I can clearly see the Avatar attacking two times faster with 2 melee attacks, especially when looking at his attacking animation. That would make sense, I mean, he's the big boss.
    - The Floating Spirit can actually activate traps and can't go through enemy doors. Would it be possible for the Floating Spirit to avoid that, making sure he doesn't trigger the traps, doesn't open doors but can go through them, isn't affected by ANY spells and damages, is totally ignored by all creatures, etc.? Actually, it may be problematic for multiplayer games.
    - I'd like some tweaks about invisibility. When a creature is invisible, all enemy creatures that can't see invisible creatures should flee while they are getting attacked. Of course, the spell's duration shouldn't be too long, or the creature with invisibility would have a too big advantage. Another idea would be that invisible creatures only reappear when they perform a melee attack, not a ranged one, giving the possibility for them to reach their target without being attacked by most of the enemy creatures, or some personal spells.
    - If I'm not wrong, damages done by traps are hardcoded in the game. It would be nice to be able to alter them in config files.
    - In DK2, doors have a flower above them to show their health. How about the same thing for DK1 (maybe not a flower, how about a lifebar above them)?
    - I guess it's already been said, but how about making Grenade spell to work back?
    - How about fixing the infamous "Dark Mistress bug" that causes her to ignore fighting when under the influence of the CTA flag?


    That's all my ideas so far. I may add some if I find other things to fix. If you have some ideas or suggestions that aren't too much exaggerated, post them below.
    Last edited by DragonsLover; February 21st, 2011 at 00:48.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...



  2. #2
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,620

    Default Re: Things I'd love to see changed in KeeperFX

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    - When a creature from a Keeper is stunned by an enemy Keeper, I'd like that his hunger time stops and returns to maximum while stunned or, if it's a bit exaggerated, just stops. I really consider stupid that a stunned creature dies from hunger. I'd like for him to starve to death only when he's awaken.
    I don't think so as much. It would make converting enemies even easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    - It would be nice that "unused" or "not working" things could work back in game. For example in scripts: STEAL_SPELLS, BREAK_IN, TIMES_BROKEN_INTO... Maybe we could do something with creature's loyalty too.
    I agree with the non-working Script Commands being fixed, but I question the Creature Loyalty. Depends on how it would effect the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    - For Skybird Trill, the last level, I thought about the use of the unused speeches and I guess some hardcoding is required for that level. I really think the Avatar should "vanish" in that level, but only when he's imprisoned or stunned. This is to avoid the Keeper to have it in his army. That would make sense.
    Do want.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    - As you probably know, the Goodies CD of Dungeon Keeper has some unused creature and in-game sounds. Would be nice to actually use them. I have even a few additional ones from Beta versions and I already use two of them in my unofficial patch even though one of them is silent. It is sound number 174 (not 0 based) in Sound.dat file called TABFALL.WAV. Would be nice to have it working in-game. Same goes for the speeches as well. Some are missing with special crates. Would be nice to add them.
    Can I has these sounds plz? :3

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    - Would it be possible to actually hardcode the Avatar to have two similar sword melee attacks not being used simultaneously. I know it's already possible to give the two different melee attacks, one with sword and the other with fist, but they don't produce the same sound when hitting something and it's ugly. I can clearly see the Avatar attacking two times faster with 2 melee attacks, especially when looking at his attacking animation. That would make sense, I mean, he's the big boss.
    Yaaay, my idea for giving him two melees

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    - The Floating Spirit can actually activate traps and can't go through enemy doors. Would it be possible for the Floating Spirit to avoid that, making sure he doesn't trigger the traps, doesn't open doors but can go through them, isn't affected by ANY spells and damages, is totally ignored by all creatures, etc.? Actually, it may be problematic for multiplayer games.
    Isn't the Floating Spirit already capable of avoiding damage? I mean I tried using him once, and nobody could hit him.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    I guess it's already been said, but how about making Grenade spell to work back?
    I still say that might be tricky considering it damages both friend and foe, and is difficult to predict when it'll actually explode.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

  3. #3

    Default Re: Things I'd love to see changed in KeeperFX

    It would be very nice to fix the trap bug and mistress bug. I hate it when I place a trap and a new trap is built and thus the new trap is grabbed leaving the orginal one as 'forgotten'. Id also love it if a cap could be placed on the ai for number of workshop tiles allowed. that ai will fill the map with workshop tiles if you let him and it soaks up the all to precious thing limit

    I personally dont understand the point of trainning a demon spawn into a dragon when you can just get a dragon. would be cool if a demon spawn would result in a overall more powerful dragon in the end or is there some advantage to the demon spawn i dont know?

  4. #4
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,620

    Default Re: Things I'd love to see changed in KeeperFX

    Quote Originally Posted by naton9 View Post
    I personally dont understand the point of trainning a demon spawn into a dragon when you can just get a dragon. would be cool if a demon spawn would result in a overall more powerful dragon in the end or is there some advantage to the demon spawn i dont know?
    One idea that popped in my head is making it so Demon Spawns can train up really fast. Dragons need to research too, so that takes up training time. Maybe if a Dragon were to research until researching was completed, the Demon Spawn would have leveled into a Dragon by then. Then he'd be Level 5, and the Dragon that was researching would be underleveled. Just a random thought.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

  5. #5

    Default Re: Things I'd love to see changed in KeeperFX

    it would be neat if the max level was capable of being set to higher than level 10. in a multiplayer match id expect 10th level to be enough but for custom maps and campaigns it could be a neat concept- your epic minions all of a sudden confront a level 20 avatar (not to mention seeing the giant minions clashing haha). that would take a bit of work however im not sure if that can be modified at all. I think it would be more useful for setting enemy levels that high than training your own monsters.

  6. #6
    Ghost
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Posts
    359

    Default Re: Things I'd love to see changed in KeeperFX

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    - If I'm not wrong, damages done by traps are hardcoded in the game. It would be nice to be able to alter them in config files.
    - In DK2, doors have a flower above them to show their health. How about the same thing for DK1 (maybe not a flower, how about a lifebar above them)?
    Good ideas

  7. #7
    DK.NET Owner Chr!x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: Things I'd love to see changed in KeeperFX

    Here's what I like (foolishly?) one day or another in KeeperFX:

    - A server version for Internet online gaming, or something that would make online games easy, such as the ability to find the players available to start a game with them.
    - IP v6 support.
    - (Any graphical rendering improvment while keeping the original drawings) or (redo textures in 16 or 32 bits, and include new sprites on 3D models refreshed).
    - MP3 files of original music, which would no longer have the compulsion to have the CD to the soundscape of the game.

    The side of the development organization, to have better vision and better control of the project and I am pleased that KeeperFX adopts the following tools:

    - an official bugtracker for referencing bugs or malfunctions, and whether they are being resolved.
    - an official wishlist that allows users to submit their proposals, and the development team to accept and assign someone to the team, or simply reject them.
    - a roadmap that allows the development team has set in broad future trends.

    These tools are not intended to annoy the coders, quite the contrary. Theses would especially make the project more accessible to goodwill in making KeeperFX development more sustainable and more attractive.

    Go ahead, you can stone me
    Last edited by Chr!x; February 21st, 2011 at 09:46.
    ..:: Dungeon Keeper NETwork ::..
    French (peacefull) Keeper's Community

  8. #8
    Skull dotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,149
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: dotted

    Default Re: Things I'd love to see changed in KeeperFX

    Quote Originally Posted by Chr!x View Post
    - A server version for Internet online gaming, or something that would make online games easy, such as the ability to find the players available to start a game with them.
    Talked, with P_Hansson about this a long time a go, and he was interested in doing it, but for the time being getting multiplayer to work properly has more priority for now

    Quote Originally Posted by Chr!x View Post
    - an official bugtracker for referencing bugs or malfunctions, and whether they are being resolved.
    - an official wishlist that allows users to submit their proposals, and the development team to accept and assign someone to the team, or simply reject them.
    http://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/list
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

  9. #9

    Default Re: Things I'd love to see changed in KeeperFX

    The only thing I can really think of off hand that's been bothering me as I've been replaying DK's original campaign is:
    Any creature with a Teleportation Spell should have better AI when using it. I've had Vampires and Mistresses warp away in the middle of combat in KeeperFX 0.38a. It's honestly quite infuriating when you get them into an area that's not claimed yet, with like 8 low level heroes and the creature is 10, they slaughter one, the others are attacking it, and it just leaves. It happens all the time with both monsters (I don't remember what else has the Teleportation ability so I can't test on others, but I'm sure it's the same). It's not like the creature is low on health either. It seems to me that the AI with that ability needs an overhaul.

  10. #10
    Ghost
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    372

    Default Re: Things I'd love to see changed in KeeperFX

    Now you mention the teleport.

    Tunnelers get Teleport at level 10, since they usually lead the party, ones they teleport to your dungeon (They do when there is a clear path) the party runs super fast to the Tunneler like they are on a elastic cord or something. I don't mind the teleporting Tunneler, but a bunch of Heroes who run from left to the right of the map in 10 seconds does mind me.

    About invisibility,

    I don't think allowing spells while being invisible is a good Idea. But allowing a few spells is. For instance a Thief has Speed, if that runs out while he is Invisible he gets visible while casting speed again. Same with the Sight spell from the Warlock. The rest of the spells should make you visible imo.

    And the Grenade spell,

    I think this will get insanely messy when creatures are able to use it. You know it moves objects around when it explodes. If you throw one in the Treasure room it will mess up all the gold piles for instance. Same goes for the workshop thingies.

    The rest of the things on the list look like very nice points/ideas. I really like the Health on the doors if that is possible. A flower with the first letter of the door would be the coolest, but I guess that is really hard to implent. :P

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 23rd, 2010, 00:13
  2. This is why we cant have nice things
    By dotted in forum Silly
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 29th, 2010, 23:08
  3. Three Things...
    By Metal Gear Rex in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: March 20th, 2010, 10:59

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •