Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Libya

Default Libya

Will the Tunesia domino fall there next?
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; February 21st, 2011 at 18:45.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Demon Spawn

Default Re: Libya

The what in the when in the who?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airandius View Post
    The what in the when in the who?
    The Chinese are invading Rome. They got a clone army.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Demon Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    The Chinese are invading Rome. They got a clone army.
    Ah I knew something like that would happen. I don't really follow the news that much though.
    Any reasons why they would invade Rome and not America or something?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airandius View Post
    Ah I knew something like that would happen. I don't really follow the news that much though.
    Any reasons why they would invade Rome and not America or something?
    Cause we got the biggest most secret weapon of all. Screw all those other countries and their god damn nukes. We got Dinosaurs.

On-Topic: I don't know if it is because I'm tired atm, or I'm getting too old and my memory is getting bad, but what's with the Tunesia again? Surely I read something about it but I can't remember what it was. Though I might be thinking of something else that I read and am confusing it with this. Or I did read about this but didn't quite catch the name and because of that, I am unfamiliar with the name and therefore have no idea of what you're talking about when I do but I just don't realize the name of the subject we speak of. If that makes any sense. (doubt it)
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    On-Topic: I don't know if it is because I'm tired atm, or I'm getting too old and my memory is getting bad, but what's with the Tunesia again? Surely I read something about it but I can't remember what it was. Though I might be thinking of something else that I read and am confusing it with this. Or I did read about this but didn't quite catch the name and because of that, I am unfamiliar with the name and therefore have no idea of what you're talking about when I do but I just don't realize the name of the subject we speak of. If that makes any sense. (doubt it)
    Well, to cut a long story...

A street vender in Tunesia set himself on fire in protest after his wares were confiscated followed with the humilliating harrasement by corrupt officals. That was the catalyst for a nationwide demonstration/revolution that caused the ousting of the president, after a month of deadly demonstrations, who was over 20 years in power. The protests did not end there, however, and it sparked over to other Arab nations due the similair circumstances... so-called the ''Tunesia Effect''.

Next in the line was Egypt ruled by President Hosni Mubarak (over 30 years in power) who gave up the presidentship about a week ago after 3 long weeks of protests. Although there were many more deaths (over 300 I think) the overall situation was pretty civilised compared to the other Arab nations (excluding Tunesia).

Libya is pretty much in the spotlights now, and it's certainly is not a laughing matter. Unlike the situations in Libya's neighbours, Tunesia and Egypt, the milltary and police mostly sided with Muammar al-Gaddafi (over 40 years in power) and are very quick to pull the triggers from their weapons and shoot at protesters (although I've heard some units have begun to muniteer to protect and to join up with the protesters). Many high ranking Libyan officials resigned in protest to the violence and I've heard the big boss himself has fled to Venezuela; Civil war may be a possibility.

Read the full article here regarding the Arab World protests
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; February 21st, 2011 at 18:40.

Download it here!

Download it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    Will the Tunesia domino fall here next?
    Edit: well that was embarrassing of me

Well I think it is quite possible, given the track record dictatorship and never partially stable.
    Last edited by A New Room; February 21st, 2011 at 18:45.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    Edit: well that was embarrassing of me

Well I think it is quite possible, given the track record dictatorship and never partially stable.
    Corrected, forgot the ''t''.

Seriously though, I believe it's too possible, but compared to Libya's neighbours, it will undoubtingly be a bloodbath. According to the Arab news cabel''al-Jazeera'': at this very moment the Libyan Air Force is using their heavy equipment against anyone who stands in their way.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; February 21st, 2011 at 18:53.

Download it here!

Download it here!

Demon Spawn

Ah I knew about Egypt but did not know it was present in other countries as well.

Well once people taste freedom they will never let go. Either people get killed in a war for power or the president/leader takes his leave. In the case they recieve many attention in the media they usually take their leave. A war among citizens will result in a war against nations. They don't want that.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wMzmKEAxNZf.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	683
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy