Thread: Multiplayer Problems and Fixes

Exclamation Multiplayer Problems and Fixes

Ok, so I know when more people start getting over here, they'll want to play online again. So I thought I would be nice to you and give you the answers to most of your future problems.

Can't join the game - Make sure eveyone playing has the same .exe file. If you have to, download it again.

Can't see the game - Make Hamachi at the top of your connection list.

Lost connection with host - Make sure to not talk much in the game menu, and the host can't leave. Wait for about 10 minutes, and if no one joins, then you can see what the problem is.

Crashing WAY to often - Many things could cause this:
    - One of the Keepers, including the computers, has no gold/mana.
    - Too many creatures on the map.
    - Lost connection with host.
    - Talked with TAB. You MUST use the ally button, or [ALT] + [1] to [4] based on who your talking to.
    - Map is corrupted.
    - Many, many, many others.

Game is too laggy - Make sure you're having 0-200 ping, 200 being the very max. Lower the ping, the less laggy.

Game goes to skirmish screen when we start game - Try a diffrent map. If problem continues, reinstall game.

If you still have any problems, post them here, and I or any member will try to help you. Be very specific (OS version, game version...).

Edit by DragonsLover : correcting and improving the post
    Last edited by DragonsLover; November 3rd, 2011 at 13:25.

Default Re: Multiplayer Problems and Fixes

hi, ive installed and set up hamatchi can ping and msg my friend. we joined one of the servers but when we go to create and join games we can see each other but when it comes to joining it just hangs and fails to join, anyone ever had this problem any fix.

thanks

i am having a problem trying to play over a home network. I am not using hamatchi, so the fix above does not apply. i can see a game created from either of the computers but cannot join and if i
    choose a different map the game cannot be seen anymore i have installed the game from the same disk on both computers so the versions should be the same the only thing that differs is that on pc is running xp and the other is vista do you think this could be the problem. the network is sound can move files and stream video between pc's

forgot to say dungeon keeper 2
    Last edited by John William Simon; September 9th, 2011 at 14:36.

hello, my husband recently bought DK2 on ebay and we were happily playing it yesterday on multiplayer with no issues at all.

Today however we keep getting Max player: 0 errors.
    IF we did manage to get past the max player 0 it usually hung, and failed to connect.
    The two times we DID get it to connect, it lagged out and had a few short time rewinds, before eventually crashing completely after about 20 mins both times.

This evening we cannot get past the Max players 0 error at all.

We aren't using this Hamachi thing I've seen when i googled this issue, as we are literally sitting next to each other and obviously using the same router.

We have tried changing maps, tried having the other person host it, we have restarted dk multiple times, and even tried restarting out computers a couple of times too. Swearing it it has also proved unsuccessful...

It's really annoying because it worked perfectly yesterday!

Thank you for any help you can give!
    edit:
    have read teh sticky

we are both on the same exe
    we don use hamachi
    we dont type in game.. we are in the same room
    it doesn't matter which map we use
    our ping was a whole single 1

He is on win 7 DK2 v1.8
    I'm on win XP DK2 v1.8

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Version 1.8? That is not an official version, you know. I'm very unfamiliar with it, having not used it myself, but I don't recall hearing good things about it. 1.7 is the last official version of the game, but it has that Max Players: 0 bug, and quite consistently at that. 1.73, an unofficial patch, was the only way to fix that and still play 1.7. I'm uncertain about 1.8 but perhaps you should try downgrading back to 1.73.

Or better yet, go back to the default 1.3 or even try and look for 1.51. Those versions are much better at multiplayer. I myself tend to stick with 1.3 as 1.7 is rather bleh for me all around.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

^ this.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif