Thread: Keeper's Choice (Game)

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Keeper's Choice (Game)

Here's a little DK game I thought of when I logged out, and then had to log in again to begin it.

Basically I give a situation...
    Then a goal in the situation...
    And a list of creatures/heroes/other options you have to use... (At least 3)

Then you decide which one bests solves the situation and a reason to why if possible.

Once someone guesses the answer, the poster of the question will state that victory along with why the other options wouldn't work or not as well.

Example...

Level 4 Dragon and 2 level 6 Barbarians are heading your way.
    Kill them using

1. Lightning Keeper Spell
    2. Possess a level 5 Dragon and attack the Barbarians first
    3. Possess a level 5 Dragon and attack the Dragon first
    4. Use level 3 Knight

Answer is 2 (Possess level 5 Dragon and attack the Barbarians first)
    Reason is with option 3...

1. Dragon has the highest armor in the game, and the barbarians are level 6 so they get armor. In other words, lightning wouldn't do much damage and would cost you alot.
    3. The Dragon will only use flame breath on you. The Barbarians are higher leveled and will deal more damage. Plus with heal, you're good to go.
    4. Knight would probably be defeated.

---

Alright, so now that the game rules are set, I'll start the game off...

Problem: You are in level 7, Wishvale, and somehow you find a neutral Horned Reaper. Unfortunately, you're running low on gold and don't want to cheat the game by giving Horned Reaper little bit of gold. And payday is coming very close... The heroes are dead and now is just the Blue Keeper who is closing in on you... and you're creatures need some serious healing. And your Horned Reaper can't win without them, but they can't win without him at the moment.

Goal: Winning the game by killing the enemy keeper with as little casualties on your part.

1. Quickly use the call to arms to send all your creatures to battle against the blue keeper at that very moment.

2. Use the temple to keep horny calm, then when your creatures are fully healed, you lead a total invasion on the blue keeper once your creatures are healed in the lair.

3. Send your Horned Reaper in alone, while you heal your forces. Then send them in after.

4. Cast heal on all your creatures, and then send the call to arms at your enemy.

5. Let your creatures heal, ignoring the Horny Problem, and then send them in after with the Horned Reaper to slay all enemies.

6. Flee the land.

7. Sell your bridges, then do not allow the keeper to come on to you(Lol)r land. Then look for a solution to Horny.

8. Toss Horny down the drain, then battle after you've rested.

9. Turn Horny to a skeleton and use him to keep the enemy at bay while you rest.

10. Turn Horny to a ghost and use him to keep the enemy at bay while you rest.

11. You only have nine imps and not enough gold for more so you slap them to death along with Horny to create a vampire.

-----

Now choose an option, may the top keeper choose the best...
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Keeper's Choice (Game)

Problem: You are in level 7, Wishvale, and somehow you find a neutral Horned Reaper. Unfortunately, you're running low on gold and don't want to cheat the game by giving Horned Reaper little bit of gold. And payday is coming very close... The heroes are dead and now is just the Blue Keeper who is closing in on you... and you're creatures need some serious healing. And your Horned Reaper can't win without them, but they can't win without him at the moment.

Goal: Winning the game by killing the enemy keeper with as little casualties on your part.

1. Quickly use the call to arms to send all your creatures to battle against the blue keeper at that very moment.

2. Use the temple to keep horny calm, then when your creatures are fully healed, you lead a total invasion on the blue keeper once your creatures are healed in the lair.

3. Send your Horned Reaper in alone, while you heal your forces. Then send them in after.

4. Cast heal on all your creatures, and then send the call to arms at your enemy.

5. Let your creatures heal, ignoring the Horny Problem, and then send them in after with the Horned Reaper to slay all enemies.

6. Flee the land.

7. Sell your bridges, then do not allow the keeper to come on to you(Lol)r land. Then look for a solution to Horny.

8. Toss Horny down the drain, then battle after you've rested.

9. Turn Horny to a skeleton and use him to keep the enemy at bay while you rest.

10. Turn Horny to a ghost and use him to keep the enemy at bay while you rest.

11. You only have nine imps and not enough gold for more so you slap them to death along with Horny to create a vampire.
    I'l have to go with number 2, I'l explain the reasons first for the other options.

1. Would mean certain defeat, your creatures are too badly wounded to make an effective stand.

3. For starter, even Horny will quickly die if he's massively overwhelmed. And secondly, because of the first reason, there is not enough time for your creatures to heal.

4. Lack of gold could be a big problem with this option.

5. This is a counter productive option since Horny might aswel attack your creatures as the enemy.

6. Neva!

7. I think this woudn't work since the Keeper is agressive and will build a bridge to continue the onslaught.

8. I don't understand this one actually.

9. Bad idea, skeletons are very inferior to Horned Reapers.

10. An even worse idea.

11. A more decent creature but I'm not gonna sacrafice a Horned Reaper for it. Besides, there is no time and gold to train the vampire.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; September 19th, 2009 at 13:28.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Yeah, I say #2 as well. he already stated my reasons.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Sigh, well that was easy.

Toss him down the portal, I should have said.

So, I'd give this one to Duke since he posted first.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Sigh, well that was easy.

Toss him down the portal, I should have said.

So, I'd give this one to Duke since he posted first.
    Well, I guess this question was more of an open one than a fact, multiple options could be considered the 'correct' or the 'best course of action' answer, it really depends on the person involved.

Download it here!

Download it here!

And your situation would be?

Quote Originally Posted by dk2player View Post
    And your situation would be?
    Hm, I suppose I have to think of a situation now? Well, I'l rather have someone to take over my turn then.

Download it here!

Download it here!