Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Heart Idea

Default Dungeon Heart Idea

I was thinking.....what if we made the dungeon heart.......organic?

Like, a Real, fleshy-type heart ?

I will make it cool - and when you see it in-game it will actually beat like a real heart.

2 Things.
    1) If this gets approved, Synesthesia needs to make me a concept of the actual thing, and how it is held up / suspended between a few pillars (Arteries going into the pillars?)
    2) Are the developers able to make a very shiny, fleshy, wet-like Shader? I'm just talking about the shinyness/specularity Shader FX - The Texture I will provide myself.

discuss.

Hellhound

Default Re: Dungeon Heart Idea

I know there was something sorta like a heart in DK II, although is was mostly in a pit of sorts and was a round thingy that beats. (Although it has a small "temple" of sorts for it, I thought that was nice)

I take it that you want to take the concept further, making it even more a "heart" that has more visibility than being in some pit?

Works for me.

I rather like this idea, though I would like to put in a note that you should be cautious with it gore wise. The idea of seeing a whopping great human heart with blood trickling everywhere might seem a little bit much for some people.

It would also be cool for the claimed floor tiles to have a sort of vain like quality. Though that might be a little overboard :P
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Gore! GORE! YES, GEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!

I am completely up for that! And the Dungeon Heart room's floor looking vainy sounds nice.

Yes. I think "Dungeon Hearts" should look more heart-like, didn't like DK1's heart because it looked like a perfume bottle rather than a heart. I'd love to see a disgusting, throbbing heart in the middle of my dungeon.

Maybe some mana veins attached (veins filled with magical stuff)? To suggest magical energy or something along those lines...or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    I rather like this idea, though I would like to put in a note that you should be cautious with it gore wise. The idea of seeing a whopping great human heart with blood trickling everywhere might seem a little bit much for some people.
    this is Dungeon Keeper man - have you never slayed the Lord of the Land before?

I just thought of something - the thick veins/arteries running into the heart, must almost look like those cartoons when water goes through a hose, making a bubble - not exactly that much, but it must look like it's actually pumping/moving blood through it's veins

like this
    1) 0---
    2) -0--
    3) --0-
    4) ---0

if you get what i'm trying to say - but like i said, not as cartoony/bubble like, but that kind of motion, like it is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutonium View Post
    All I'm saying is that there is such thing as too much gore, but then again this is the life force behind a being of pure unflinching evil, so it is meant to be friggen gross.

I just thought of something - the thick veins/arteries running into the heart, must almost look like those cartoons when water goes through a hose, making a bubble - not exactly that much, but it must look like it's actually pumping/moving blood through it's veins.
    It would also be nice if the Dungeon Heart actually looked like the power source for the dungeon, rather than just the squishy thing in the middle.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Demon Spawn

Yeah, I love the idea!
    And when you beat the enemy keeper the heart explodes, lots of blood etc.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    It would also be nice if the Dungeon Heart actually looked like the power source for the dungeon, rather than just the squishy thing in the middle.
    Nice idea too.
    Last edited by Trass3r; August 22nd, 2010 at 22:23.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

I just thought of something - the thick veins/arteries running into the heart, must almost look like those cartoons when water goes through a hose, making a bubble - not exactly that much, but it must look like it's actually pumping/moving blood through it's veins

like this
    1) 0---
    2) -0--
    3) --0-
    4) ---0

if you get what i'm trying to say - but like i said, not as cartoony/bubble like, but that kind of motion, like it is alive.
    The minute I read this thread I was going to suggest that... veins going out and pumping the life-blood of the dungeon.

I still think there should be a bit of an architectural element... but I supose we'll wait and see what synth comes up with.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

1) 0---
    2) -0--
    3) --0-
    4) ---0
    Some like starcraft 2 zerg?
    (1:46 - the extractor morphing in)
    perhaps just a bit human rather than alien looking?
    Last edited by dotted; August 23rd, 2010 at 01:42.
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy