Intelligence: High
    Construction: Average
    Training Rate: Average
    Training Cost: Average
    Wage: N/A
    Gold Held: None

Skills:
    Level 1: Attack – Attacks with a punch.
    Level 4: Paralysis – The Igor stabs a syringe into its attacker causing it to crumble onto the floor temporarily paralysed and unable to attack.
    Level 8: Harvest – When an enemy is paralysed, or better still dead, the Igor can harvest organs from it to restore its own health, or the health of compatible allies around.
    ---Naturally, if it harvests a weaker levelled enemy it has the chance of killing it as it’ll take something important like its heart, lungs or kidneys. From stronger enemies it’ll probably only get away with a small blood extraction.

Special Abilities:
    Master Surgeon – This allows the Igor to begin creating abominations for you in the Laboratory. The higher his current level, the better he is at creating useful abominations and not mindless monsters.

Information:
    Everyone knows what an Igor is. A hunched subordinate of a mad scientist usually with a lisp and a bum leg that he mostly drags.
    But I like Igor’s. They must have a bigger brain than normal people, especially since they can stitch one together, so they have to be awesome.

Author's Note:
    I’ve always liked Igor or should I say all Igor’s from every story he has ever been in. The lurching, hunched side kick to Dr Frankenstein who always seemed to have more going on in his head than he let on.
    I’ve always been a firm believer that he, especially in the films with a Dr Frank and an Igor, was the real builder of the undead monsters often seen being made. Yes the Dr was the brains, but was I to believe that the scrawny looking white men portrayed in these films was capable of doing the cutting, hacking, chopping, attaching and sewing that was involved?!
    And so the DK Igor was born. Obviously with came the Laboratory and the freakish creations. That Igor, he’s a one man Swiss army knife.

About the Igor:
    Never will you have a more polite and happy creature. Igor is your mad scientist just without the mad part. He will happily take captured heroes apart and put them back together in wonderful combinations that often give you an abomination unit.
    He gets better at this the higher in level he gets but the best thing about him is that he gains levels by actually working in his Laboratory, much like the Warlocks in their Library.

Behaviour in Dungeon:
    Igor’s shuffle around your dungeon looking for potential experiments. They love to heal the injured and shine the brightest when tending to your wounded after battle. They rarely sleep but do like to eat sometimes.

Behaviour Outside of Dungeon:
    When not in your Dungeon an Igor can be found picking on weaker enemies (creatures, heroes and neutrals) to drag back and use in its experiments. Although this may often lead to you having to protect it more times out of anything.

Behaviour in Battle:
    In battle the Igor takes up the role of field surgeon, something the forces of evil have been missing. He can surgically heal any unit on the battlefield and will actually stay out of direct battle in order to better achieve his role.
    He can also harvest the bodies of the fallen, even if they’re not dead, taking bits from them to either heal himself or his allies better, even going as far to revive allies that have been knocked unconsciousness.
    Igor is probably the most helpful creature you will have in your ranks but he has to be watched carefully because even with his high recovery, high health and surgical abilities he is easily taken down in battle.

Strengths:
    Great healer.
    Intelligent

Weaknesses:
    Weak in battle
    Weak in general

Jobs:
    Mans the Laboratory

Lair and Food:
    Not sure about a Lair suggestion, but he will eat occasionally.

Loves:
    Working in the Laboratory

Hates:
    Monks cause of their views on the undead and his work

Appearance:
    An Igor.

Just no this happy... well, actually yeah, this happy but only when pulling people apart. Maybe green skin and a bit more ugly.

Introduced:
    ???

Obtainable By (attraction):
    Building a Laboratory. You only ever have 1.

Entrance Effect:
    He’ll climb out and dust himself off. He thinks he’s a gentleman after all. He’ll then lurch into your dungeon.

Torture:
    He’s taken apart and has one arm and one leg set on fire which he seems to still feel.
    Last edited by Lord Onatu; March 26th, 2011 at 21:18. Reason: had to

Default Re: Igor

The fact that he drags off prisoners and my other creatures seems rather annoying. If there was a way to limit that behavior I think I could like this unit, as it currently is I can not support the abduction of my prisoners or minions.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

I also highly doubt it will even make it in. I dunno, the concept of it doesn't seem very appealing. Also, it needs the Labortory to survive as it can't on its own. And who says the Labortory will make it in? It has its own problems.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Onatu View Post
    Name: Igor

Level 8: Harvest – When an enemy is paralysed, or better still dead, the Igor can harvest organs from it to restore its own health, or the health of compatible allies around.
    ---Naturally, if it harvests a weaker levelled enemy it has the chance of killing it as it’ll take something important like its heart, lings or kidneys. From stronger enemies it’ll probably only get away with a small blood extraction.

Special Abilities:
    Master Surgeon – This allows the Igor to begin creating abominations for you in the Laboratory. The higher his current level, the better he is at creating useful abominations and not mindless monsters.

About the Igor:
    Never will you have a more polite and happy creature. Igor is your mad scientist just without the mad part. He will happily take captured heroes apart and put them back together in wonderful combinations that often give you an abomination unit.
    He gets better at this the higher in level he gets but the best thing about him is that he gains levels by actually working in his Laboratory, much like the Warlocks in their Library.

Behaviour in Battle:
    He can also harvest the bodies of the fallen, even if they’re not dead, taking bits from them to either heal himself or his allies better, even going as far to revive allies that have been knocked unconsciousness.
    This character has potential for so much gore! I can see him running around ripping heads off enemy imps and placing them in his bag for later use.

I disagree about him not being mad, in an evil place such as the dungeon he should be running around rambling and getting all giddy and excited when he sees a carcass.

I think a healer like himself would be most useful in any combat and this idea should not be cast aside even if the laboratory is not included in the game.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daharka Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Brundfrussus View Post
    This character has potential for so much gore! I can see him running around ripping heads off enemy imps and placing them in his bag for later use.

I disagree about him not being mad, in an evil place such as the dungeon he should be running around rambling and getting all giddy and excited when he sees a carcass.

I think a healer like himself would be most useful in any combat and this idea should not be cast aside even if the laboratory is not included in the game.
    Aha! You like... and you too Deathdealingjawa, to a certain extent.
    The idea was rushed and put together as losely as Frankenstien himself. But I fo think he could work, laboratory or not, he could well be a very helpful healer. Remember, the Heroes have the Monk but the Keeper literally only has himself really to heal his own but the Igor could level this playing field.

Maybe snatching enemies from your prison is a bit to much, but he could happily takes the bits that are left over from torturing enemies to death, as well as the odd bit here and there from the graveyard.

I like the idea of my lil Igor, mostly because I could see myself actually looking after him as he will in turn look after my creatures. He will heal them, even right in battle, and can bring them back from the brink if need be, although actually ressurecting wouldn't be in his infantory.
    Thing is, as the healer, he would get targeted a lot by the heroes.

Remember, the Heroes have the Monk but the Keeper literally only has himself really to heal his own but the Igor could level this playing field.
    How could you forget? Creature side has Warlocks which also serve as Healers. And you call yourself a DK2 Player.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    How could you forget? Creature side has Warlocks which also serve as Healers. And you call yourself a DK2 Player.
    Yes, but i was under the impression that they were loosing that skill. Besides a WARLOCK WOULD PUT HIMSELF FIRST 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 RIGHT

Yes, but i was under the impression that they were loosing that skill.
    What gave you that impression? O.o They had it for both games, being able to Heal kinda fit in with them being magic users and all.

Besides a WARLOCK WOULD PUT HIMSELF FIRST 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 RIGHT
    What gave you that idea? Warlocks would heal any Creature that has low Health, as they did in DK2. And since they're in the back, they're not going to take damage first so they're not going to heal themselves. I'm not sure where you get evidence to make such a statement XP

Think you got the numbers wrong, more like 1/10 would he do it for himself :P

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Okay the Warlock can heal as he is a support worker. However is is slow in casting spells and this could be were the Igor becomes better at him. While the Warlock is generally weak against physical attacks but can dish out enough magic to make ya eyes bleed albiet at a rather slow speed, the Igor will have speed on his side being able to get in and aid creatures even in the frontline a place the Warlock never purposely treads. He will be weak as well but with his ability to paralyse someone briefly he can look after himself to a certain extent, at least long enough to escape the big hitters.
    He does his job and leaves.

Okay the Warlock can heal as he is a support worker. However is is slow in casting spells and this could be were the Igor becomes better at him. While the Warlock is generally weak against physical attacks but can dish out enough magic to make ya eyes bleed albiet at a rather slow speed, the Igor will have speed on his side being able to get in and aid creatures even in the frontline a place the Warlock never purposely treads. He will be weak as well but with his ability to paralyse someone briefly he can look after himself to a certain extent, at least long enough to escape the big hitters.
    He does his job and leaves.
    Problem is that Warlock is only a slow spell caster in DK2. He's not gonna be that slow in WftO. Igor would have to get himself to the injured Creature in time in order to heal him. Considering how injured Creatures can get and how fast it happens, it looks like he'll fail in getting to all Creatures in time. Warlock can instantly heal Creatures.

Warlock doesn't need to be physically strong to Heal, he stays in the back behind everyone else.

Tesonu is napping!