Thread: Boss Gimmicks

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Boss Gimmicks

I've been thinking about some Boss Gimmick ideas, but I had a lot of bosses planned especially since there would be two stories to play. And I'd rather not use the same gimmick twice unless it were the same character. And I gotta create the ideas for the boss gimmicks as I plan out the story and boss battles. In other words, it may hinder my progress a bit if I gotta create so many gimmicky ideas.

So I gotta ask you, got any ideas for boss gimmicks or recomendation for a boss gimmick that was used in an already existing boss? It would really help progress out a bit, and I'd be sure to credit you for giving me the idea.

All ideas are welcomed. None of the bosses have actually been thought out, I just got a beginning and an ending with some ideas in the middle in terms of story, so there aren't any real guidelines to follow. If I can't create the boss gimmick idea perfectly due to RPG Maker limitations, I can always try create something similar.

Thanks in advance to those that try to help out.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Boss Gimmicks

When you say "Boss Gimmicks" do you mean gimmicky character traits or like this:

A 3x size Bile Demon who was just looking for the bathroom .

A grouchy, crochety, old warlock whom you accidentally woke up whilst going through the enemy lair.

A warlock with a temporary chicken spell and a shortage of test subjects >=)
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Boss Gimmicks

Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post
    When you say "Boss Gimmicks" do you mean gimmicky character traits or like this:
    Think of Bowyer from Super Mario RPG, and how the gimmick behind his battle was that he would disable certain buttons from being capable of being used. I mean gimmick in that sense.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!