Thread: JttAA News Update

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default JttAA News Update

This is the new News Thread. Unfortunately, I don't think I want others posting here for the sake of organization, so the thread will remain closed.

The newest updates will be on the second post. Whenever I make a new update, I'll merge the old update with this post, add a spoiler tag to it, then create a new second post.

March 19th, 2011

Alright, I finally got an updated version of this thread. Now I can start posting updates here instead of spamming the chatbox, yay.

For threads such as the Unit Types thread that are under construction, I'll be making some updates in my signature for when I update information there. That'll be for the small stuff though, the big stuff I'll save for a News Update Post. And if you've seen my latest update on my signature, I've added the information about the Archer Unit, which consists of the Archer and Tentacle Creatures.

As you can see, I've gotten a new thread that should (hopefully) bring in some kind of discussion for a little while.

As for progress on the "inside" of the RPG, well I've gotten a lot of ideas for how to impliment Dungeon Keeper concepts into the RPG, (For example, what the Special Items do, the Leveling system, etc) and I think I'll be making a thread about that once I finish the Unit Types thread. I'll update it as I move along in the RPG doing other work that you can't really see. (Data related pretty much)

I've finished going through the General Type units for both the Creature and Hero Sides. I'm going to tackle the Defensive Units next. As you may have guessed, there is an order I'm following and it is in the Unit Types thread. I want to get all the characters created beforehand to save some time later on, and to also get them balance tested in order to prevent having to do tweaks later on. (Which may force Players to restart so obviously I wanna avoid that)

I won't give out any information on the specific characters or the number of characters there are for each Creature Type, I plan to keep that a secret until the time comes when you actually play the RPG and are at the point in which you recruit them. (And as a side note, I planned to give information about how the stats level up for each Unit Type because it isn't the same for every Unit)

That's all for this update.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: JttAA News Update

March 26th, 2011

Woo, I'm surprised I managed to get the update today, today just felt so long for me and I had injured my right hand with a really bad kitty scratch too. It still is pretty late though, at least for me. But I guess better late than never.

First off, I got another update for the Unit Types thread. Introducing, the Hyper Units! Only three more Unit Types to go, but afterwards, I got two more things I need to do with that thread before I can call it complete. Then I can move onto creating that Information thread I mentioned in the last update. The last thing to do in the Unit Types thread, by the way, should interest quite a few of you and give you some insight on who the starting Characters will be.

Now to go on the inside data portion stuff for what I've been doing this week. I managed to finish creating the characters for the Melee Defensive Units, (Tunnellers and Bile Demons) and I also got a head start on the Magic Defensive Units. (Priestess and Vampire) The Defensive Units take a bit longer than other units since I need to do some test battles once I create them, and that's what's time consuming. I need to test the Units to make sure the differences between them is all good and balanced, as well as to find each Unit's Strengths/Weaknesses. (It's a quick balance test really)

Imagine two Bile Demons with such high HP and low DEX fighting each other, that's an example of what it is like. I'll be looking forward to the Offensive Units after this, their battle testing will be so quick.

There's not much else to say. It is kinda unfortunate no one submitted any ideas for gimmicks behind Boss Battles. Guess I have to come up with some interesting ideas myself. Still I'm leaving the thread up in case someone wants to say something. Maybe I'm being a bit impatient on that for some reason.

And that's all for this update. Somehow it feels like it is a little shorter than the other update, or maybe that's my imagination? Oh well.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!