Thread: integrating campaigns

Default integrating campaigns

hi folks,

i was playing the campaigns that were already integrated and available ingame, but than i had a look at the available campaigns and saw "conquest of the arctic", the destiny of ninja", "die-hard dungeons" and "undead keeper", that aren't available ingame, so i downloaded them but after doing this, i don't really know how to integrate them.
    is there an easy respectively a cheaper solution for my problem than renaming all the files?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Default Re: integrating campaigns

yeah, keeperfx
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

as if i were using dungeon keeper gold or something
    sorry for the sarcasm, but it should be obvious that i'm already using keeperfx since we're in a...let's see, keeperfx forum?

i think i found the solution myself, just copied the campaign files to the levels folder and now i can access them via the free ... section...not the most elegant way of fixing the problem, but it works

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotex View Post
    sorry for the sarcasm, but it should be obvious that i'm already using keeperfx since we're in a...let's see, keeperfx forum?
    Umm... *coughs*

Look up?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Sorry for the confusion, is just that you posted this in the DK1 Troubleshooting section so I think dotted thought you were looking for a way to have multiple campaigns available in DK1.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

yeah, the forum is dk1 troubleshooting but the whole stuff's about keeperfx and so on, so i thought it would be clear but it seems like it wasn't.

nevertheless the problem is some kinda fixed

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotex View Post
    yeah, the forum is dk1 troubleshooting but the whole stuff's about keeperfx and so on, so i thought it would be clear but it seems like it wasn't.

nevertheless the problem is some kinda fixed
    KeeperFX has its own forum.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

true, but for me the keeperfx forum is a place where players swap ideas about the project and maybe for tips to the one or the other campaign, but in my opinion, this isn't a global problem with the keeperfx project, but dk1 itself
    but nevertheless, let's cancel this discussion, it wasn't meant that offensive as it might have sounded, so it's not neccessary to discuss about such nonsense any longer

To integrate a new campaign into KeeoerFX and make it available through the list, you'd have to write a CFG file for it. Campaigns designed for DK1 don't usually have their own "land view" and introduction speeched, so you'd have to use the original ones.

Or you can just replace the original campaign - it's a lot easier.

Also, you can just wait - some campaigns are just being integrated and will be included in KeeperFX in a few weeks, maybe months.