Thread: Game started crashing + a couple questions.

Default Game started crashing + a couple questions.

So I downloaded the latest version of KeeperFX (38c?) and I've been replaying the original campaign levels. All the while KeeperFX would crash, somewhat randomly, every few hours (usually just closing out). It wasn't a huge deal since I could still load my last save and play for another few hours.

I just started Sleepiburgh (lvl 14) and I can play for about 30-90 secs before its freezes for seemingly no reason, it's done this 4 times in a row. After the first couple times I changed it to windowed mode, but before that, I've made no changes to KeeperFX. I've tried restarting the level, as opposed to loading my save (which is only a few seconds into the level), but it didn't help. Each time it crashed I took a look at the log and noticed this"Error: setup_game: Failed to initialize Speech module: KeeperSpeech module not found" showed up every time.

I've also noticed that the music doesn't play on any levels, is that just a KeeperFX thing or is it another problem?

Also, an unrelated question: I've only played the original DK, I was led to believe DK Deeper dungeons and DK Gold had additional content, including levels, are they just at the end of the original campaign, or do I need to choose a different campaign, or does KeeperFX not include them?

Any help on the crashing, the music, or the added lvls would be awesome. Let me know if you need additional info, like the rest of the log, or my comp specs, or something. Thanks, sorry for all the text. =P
    Last edited by MrPoptart; April 1st, 2011 at 15:40. Reason: level 14 is spelled Sleepiburgh.

Beetle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: frontliner2

Default Re: Game started crashing + a couple questions.

I have this on the 3rd level of Good Keeper. Crashes after 10-15 minutes, no way to avoid it. Even when I restart the game fully.

Ghost

The game crashes due to a bug with the AI mining gold. This will be fixed in the next release. So you can only play non AI maps or maps which don't have much gold for the AI to mine.

How long until the next update comes out? and what about my other questions, I miss the music.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oggrr

How long? When it's done And the music? It's keeperFX related, you can download the soundtrack and play it while playing DK

But ofc mefistotelis is the one that can answer those things the best. When he has time to finish the next patch, it will be done. No need to rush and just hope he got the spare-time to do it.
    Last edited by Ogre; April 2nd, 2011 at 12:02.