Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Introduction Thread

Default Re: Introduction Thread

Hey everyone,

Just tried to register and realised I already did over 2.5 years ago

My name is Matt. I first played DK about 17 years ago. First tried it at my friends house then I kinda took over his PC. Eventually begged him to borrow me the game and so it began. I was 11 years old and staying up till 3-5am every night playing. I'd drape a blanket over my head then over my old radioactive 14" monitor (that used to humm and probably gave me several brain tumors) so that my parents could not see the screen flashes on the outline of my bedroom door.

Pretty sure I would have done a little better at school if I wasn't sleeping face first on the desk through classes. Anyways, personally I disliked DK 2, I tried War for the Overworld recently but just misses the original DK charm imo (too much rushing in the campaign too). Every few years I play through the DK campaign again for old times sake, last time I edited the creatures config I think to get hero creatures through the portal, this time I decided to try out the fx mod.

Gotta say I thought I was obsessed over this game buut it's nice to see I'm not the only one and there are still people posting here every few months.

Thanks for making it and keep up the good work!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Hello. Please try not to die. Thank you for your cooperation and brain.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Why... That might be the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever said to me.

Thank you for your care. Please remember to blink and swallow to lubricate your eyeballs and throat.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Quote Originally Posted by Badass View Post
    ... Anyways, personally I disliked DK 2,...
    Begone, foul heathen!
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

Hello everybody, Jummix here. Nothing much to say, 23 years old ( 24 in a few months ), love to read, play games and sleep. I'm trying to grow a beard but after some time it become annoying and i have to remove it ( too lazy to keep it in check, easier to start from 0 ).

Greetings.
    I have been playing DK1 since 1998 which means I've been playing it for a long time. Eventually, I decided to sign up here, to find like minded Keepers, who like world conquest as much as I do.
    Apart from conquest I enjoy history, video games and reading. Also gold, gems, filigrees and other shiny things.

My favourite Creatures are Dragons, they are always there for you and they understand the importance of gold.
    I also like to create maps, and have been interested in playing the creations of others.

Hi there,

joined today as i first played through Keeper FX.
    I'm playing DK since it came out and it is one of the few games I come back to after all those years.
    I find it crazy that there still is a community after all that time since DKII.
    Thanks for all mods/patches/maps that were provided.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Hi welcome. Please do not get eaten.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Oop. Missed this thread!

So yeah, I'm from Russia, I've been playing the game since its release and I absolutely love it and revisit it regularly. This time I decided to check out KFX and maybe even code something in!

P.S. Trivia: DK was my first game (the second one being Fallout), and I got it as a present and in the form of a Russian version. The localization was executed extremely bad - very poor voiceovers etc., but the most fun thing was that the idiots translated all the text, but failed to include the proper fonts. So yeah - I learned to play DK without any in-game messages being readable at all. You wouldn't believe what I've tried to do in order to get to the next level. Who would've known that you have to press space bar? - Ended up pressing it by accident

Cheers.

Welcome Fenrir8666 and OrsonMaxwell!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!