Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Development - Dark Mistress

Default Re: Character Development - Dark Mistress

Thanks steve - I agree with what you say, the bright makeup does make her look "sweet"

I know I don't have the exact same "eye makeup" color as DK2 did, yet, but there she also has this purple stuff above her eyes, and VERY red lipstick.

I am starting to like the more subtle look (Right image) over the heavy make-up version, as she looks a little older, yet pretty, and also looks more like a Dark mistress, or rather, the idea of one.

I'll add a little more makeup soon, but maybe this more "subtle look" is the one to go for in WFTO?
    I mean, those super red lips and hectic purple makeup works on a cartoony face, but when you add it to a more realistic face it looks out of place, because that is suddenly *NOT* realistic.

you can make her how u want. it looks like you are trying to copy dk2 mistress. it's good but you're are not limited to that design. but obviously i should be saying that to the concept artists :P

Im following the concept artist, Synesthesia - he made changes to the design.

and 2 - i'm even deviating from his design, too.

I don't want to stray too far from the original designs when modeling the creatures, we want a DK game, not something else.

Beetle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: frontliner2

Just saying the models look very professional! Good work

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Excellent work as always.

Just one thing, though I'm sure I've misinterpreted =P

Realism shouldn't be on the priority list. If it looks like a seductive sweetheart one moment, but then you notice the claws out the back of your own torso the next moment, you're doing it right, and damn any credence to anything 'unrealistic'.

Though I'll agree there needs to be a certain aura of "I'll kill you" about her, and if the make up conflicts with that, well, no make up required.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pablo404 PSN ID: Pablo404

Hey Bluto, awesome work man! This one is definitely on the right track.

Here's a quick jpeg to show you what I'd change to improve her features, although these are very small things that will probably only be noticeable in a close up during a cut scene:

-More defined cheeks/cheekbones to give her face more structure and make it less soft/round.
    -Slightly closed eyelids to make her look more relaxed/sultry
    -Darker eyebrows and a perpetual frown, again to make her face look less soft/round/friendly
    -Pointy ears to make her look less human and more of a creature
    -Pointy edges on the leather on her cheeks and forehead to make it look slightly more offensive

Again, these are just small changes that I'd make personally. If they're a pain in the ass to implement at this point then leave them seeing as they are so minor.

Keep up the good work!

Ha! I feel so proud of my progress in Zbrush now...

The First Model you probably spent an hour tweaking to show me what I must change, this time it's a case of "spot the difference"

But they make a word of difference though, these subtle changes.

I would like to ask you for your personal advice though - which version do you like better, this one you modified, or the other one?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pablo404 PSN ID: Pablo404

Hmm both versions have attributes that I like so it's hard to choose one over the other. I think the best thing to do is to try and find a middleground between them both, then we can see what the community thinks and take it from there.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daharka Jones

Post Re: Character Development - Dark Mistress

I'm loving what you doing man, and I know where supposed to be steering towards the DK1 models but boy o boy am I happy the Mistress has taken her DK2 form, the better of the two in my opinion.
    I was looking at models of her from the game, and since it seems like your getting away with this, try and make her face more like it is in DK2. Her eyes are more narrow like an oriental woman, her ears are pointed like an Elves and I'm sure her canines are a little more jagged as well.

As it is, she is awesome. Hey, any chance as a homage to the original model, you could possibly give her one enormous claw on one arm like that model had. It was as big as her arm! The other hand can just have the hand claws.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

I still hate the DK2 mdel. Makes little sense to me. She looks like a human, yet she's supposed to be a Creature that tempts other Creatures. Being that she looks so human, it looks like it would be a turn off for most if not all Creatures. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if an Orc killed her because he thought she was a Hero.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!