Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Development - Dark Mistress

Default Re: Character Development - Dark Mistress

I don't think we're caricaturing any models for this game.

All weapons must be EPIC! I never knew mistresses used claws sometimes because they were not epic enough. dk2 models were also very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I still hate the DK2 mdel. Makes little sense to me. She looks like a human, yet she's supposed to be a Creature that tempts other Creatures. Being that she looks so human, it looks like it would be a turn off for most if not all Creatures. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if an Orc killed her because he thought she was a Hero.
    Well thats Dungeon Keeper for you..

Mage is also human like, and so are a lot of DK2's minions

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

Yea, Mistress is human, just please dont follow in DKII's steps by making alot of the creatures human.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    Yea, Mistress is human, just please dont follow in DKII's steps by making alot of the creatures human.
    you know I hate DK2, I will never do that

I actually made the vampire face MORE creature like than even DK1 did. But im not turning the mistress into a creature, sorry

Like i've said, yes, she is pretty human, but so is the Warlock. it's really OKAY for those to be human like

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blutonium View Post
    Well thats Dungeon Keeper for you..
    More like Dungeon Keeper 2.

Mage is also human like, and so are a lot of DK2's minions
    DK2 is a horrible example to follow.

you know I hate DK2, I will never do that
    And yet you used it as an example.

I actually made the vampire face MORE creature like than even DK1 did. But im not turning the mistress into a creature, sorry
    But the Dark Mistress is a Creature. :/

Like i've said, yes, she is pretty human, but so is the Warlock. it's really OKAY for those to be human like
    Humanoid. And the DK1 Warlock looks extremely disgusting as well. In fact, if you zoom in on his portrait, his face looks kinda weird...
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

He is still human, and so is the mistress - deal with it.

maybe you could make her eyes all surpernaturel and turn the skin from all rosy to pale and white

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Langdon View Post
    maybe you could make her eyes all surpernaturel and turn the skin from all rosy to pale and white
    no plz

I do agree that the skin needs to be a tad lighter colored, though. It's a bit too dark as is imo.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daharka Jones

Smile Re: Character Development - Dark Mistress

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Langdon View Post
    Perhaps dear Henry is on to something there. I personally want the mistress to stay as she is, but in order to make Dark Fire stop moaning have you considered altering her a little, in the same way you have altered the Vampire, although not to that extreme. Never to that extreme.
    The eyes are the window to the soul right? So change them and make them evil. The Warlock can get away with looking human because, regardless of what Dark Fire says, he IS human. Least he was in DK1 and DK2.

Warlocks are the evil counterparts to mages and/or wziards. They know the darks arts and are not affraid to use them, usually to gain immortality.

But the Mistress is a different kettle of fish. In DK1 she was something that looked, if anything, a little weird but weird can be evil.

Although I'll say she wasn't threatening to me, her enormous claw and her yet black eyes were scary.

In DK2 she went the complete opposite way:

She became sexy and a lady of pain rather than the creature of death. I prefer her appearance here as stated, but one thing bugged me. Yes she was easily the bad guy, and yes she looked the part (although she did look like she belonged in He-Man), but she wasn't menacing. She was seductive. She lost her evil charm and most inportantly she lost her souless eyes.

The black eyes with no pupil was the only thing that kept her as a creature in my eyes in the first game. If she had gained human eyes in the first game she would have just been a human playing dress up to me.

Whats all this babble about. Give the 'DK3' Mistress the essence of both. Keep the DK2 body frame, but add the key parts of the DK1 Mistress into the fray. The enormous claws (maybe on one hand or both), longer hair maybe and definately, without a shadow of a doubt, give her evil eyes. They dont have to be completely black, but they do have to be evil.
    An Example?

Ofcourse theres Gambit. His eyes have always been evil to me, although he kinda isnt being an Xman and all, but his eyes. I could never truly trust those eyes.

Its up to you at the end of the day (oh, another possible place for inspiration eyes could be Spawn from Image Comics) but I think if she had the right evil eyes she would be the scariest thing since... well... scary things!

dk1 mistress was mostly done with our imagination because of the low res models. she was still seductive though! but she definitely looked like she could pound on every creature especially how she looked when she was lvl 9-10! THOSE LEGS! dk2 is just looks like cosplay. making her monster like with skin color could be a nice approach. or we could focus more on that simple latex suit and change it into something a monster would wear.

at the end of the day, i really don't care as much. so many things can work, just choose one but u must give her an epic CLAWWWWWW! "BESERKER CLAW!!!!!!!!!" -wolverine