Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Legitimacy of Keeper FX

Default Re: Legitimacy of Keeper FX

So if you download FX 40, and have Windows 7 would you be basically screwed? (Considering Windows 7 does not work with DK as it seems, aleast I think I was told that after my disc refuse to work on Windows 7), sorry I was reading one of the posts and wanted to know.

Also wanted to know, will there ever be a Dungeon Keeper Editor for KeeperFX? Since I can't install the original DK (Which I do still have the disc of, but now that disc has no longer worked just like my old favorite games from the 90's such as Creatures, I liked that game. I am surprised Sims 1 seemed to work fine with computers such as 7). I don't think EA really would care that much if DK was downloaded, I mean they don't even sell it anymore correct? So no money they probably wouldn't, and hey I play Sims 3 where EA only seems to actually care about money and not about the games (With all the bugs and stuff on each exp, I am pretty sure EA makes that)

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon_Master View Post
    So if you download FX 40, and have Windows 7 would you be basically screwed? (Considering Windows 7 does not work with DK as it seems, aleast I think I was told that after my disc refuse to work on Windows 7), sorry I was reading one of the posts and wanted to know.
    No, you don't need to install it. You just need to take files from the CD, which should still be possible unless it can't read the CD at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeon_Master View Post
    Also wanted to know, will there ever be a Dungeon Keeper Editor for KeeperFX?
    You can use ADiKtED on KeeperFX, of if you don't like the text-based interface, try to get the Official Editor (downloadable here) to work with KeeperFX.
    Last edited by Mothrayas; September 14th, 2011 at 07:45.

The Awakening

Yeah I like using the editor better really, feels easier. But I remember reading somewhere you had to have the original DK, and I think get the files from it (Or something?), I thought it meant install but if you are right then I guess not. However I am pretty sure DK isn't read at all, I mean like won't go into any files or anything.

Looking into it now, so I can view the folders. Hm I might give this one more try, if I can find the thread that says what files to take in order to run Editor.