Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Suggestion

Default Re: Ghost Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Lquiz View Post
    Your ghost humour drains me.
    I'm frightfully sorry, puns aren't exactly my terror-tory!

I like the both suggestions, so maybe combine the idea, use a ghost as Patrician described and use a temple combination(for example) like Samourai + Ghost to have Samourai's Ghost as described by Blutonium... It can offer more possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Priato View Post
    I like the both suggestions, so maybe combine the idea, use a ghost as Patrician described and use a temple combination(for example) like Samourai + Ghost to have Samourai's Ghost as described by Blutonium... It can offer more possibilities.
    sorry, but I have to ask.....

what makes a ghost of something better than its actual living version? I mean, we don't want people to sacrifice all their creatures to get ghosts all the time and turn this into Ghost Keeper

it's just a Cosmetic change I'm talking about, best not to mess with the original mechanics too much imo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Blutonium View Post
    sorry, but I have to ask.....

what makes a ghost of something better than its actual living version? I mean, we don't want people to sacrifice all their creatures to get ghosts all the time and turn this into Ghost Keeper

it's just a Cosmetic change I'm talking about, best not to mess with the original mechanics too much imo.....
    Yes that's how I understood your suggestion. The travelling through door thing that I brought up is just a notion that maybe we should consider (seeing as it was originally intended for the game), but certainly your aesthetic improvement is one we definitely need to look at implementing.

The biggest use I thing ghosts were meant to have was to spy on the other team. Invisibility and being able to go through doors. They're clearly meant to be the 007's of the underworld.

I'm now convinced that walking through doors is a MUST have, just to make there a point of having a ghost.

Still reckon Knight ghosts should be proportionally better than fly ghosts, but I guess that's a group decision.

Still reckon Knight ghosts should be proportionally better than fly ghosts, but I guess that's a group decision.
    That's foolish, what your ghosts take the form of is a nice novelty, but that shouldn't modify the ghosts stats to be the same or close to its previous living-self. It'd give the torture chamber less reason to be used. Ghost, no matter what form it takes, is still a ghost.

I always would have thought that ghosts should be very weak to magical attacks (and other ghosts) but have a strong resistance to physical attacks. If they're recommended to be used to spy on the enemy then they don't necessarily need to be good fighters as that isn't their main use.
    Last edited by Madkill; April 22nd, 2011 at 21:05.

I thought about diminished characteristics for Samourai's ghost for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkill View Post
    That's foolish, what your ghosts take the form of is a nice novelty, but that shouldn't modify the ghosts stats to be the same or close to its previous living-self. It'd give the torture chamber less reason to be used. Ghost, no matter what form it takes, is still a ghost.
    So tell me, what's the point in investing all the time in making different ghost shapes if the only ones to ever be seen in game are beetles. No one's going to waste a decent creature when they can throw crap and get the same result. That's foolish.

Next you'll be telling me there should only be one outcome of temple sacrifices, no matter what's chucked in.

Nowhere did I say "similar or same" stats, I said proportional. It will still be its own creature with its own stats and spells, just proportionally better, the better the creature base.
    Last edited by Lquiz; April 22nd, 2011 at 21:28.

So tell me, what's the point in investing all the time in making different ghost shapes if the only ones to ever be seen in game are beetles. No one's going to waste a decent creature when they can throw crap and get the same result. That's foolish.

Next you'll be telling me there should only be one outcome of temple sacrifices, no matter what's chucked in.

Nowhere did I say "similar or same" stats, I said proportional. It will still be its own creature with its own stats and spells, just proportionally better, the better the creature base.
    1) Nobody is gonna WANT to make different ghosts, you just get them when torture victims die - you will always want it's living counterpart over a ghost.

2) A ghost is a ghost is a ghost - one ghost cannot be stronger than another ghosts really, if you think about it - they're just ghosts.

3) We don't want to deviate too much, ghosts where a small part in DK and it should be kept like that - the only difference should be cosmetic.

PS: I also think the going through doors is an excellent idea, it just makes sense! Perhaps we can limit them with magic doors though.