Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: avatar on final level.

Default Re: avatar on final level.

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie View Post
    Was that blue door meant to be on the right side of the map? If you make it a Hero door, the blue keeper won't go for the hero castle that fast.
    What do you mean?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

There's a blue door at the far end of the corridor in the right side of the level. Once a path is dug by blue imps at the north which leads to the hero castle, an imp may decide to go claiming the territory next of that door and walks a long way inside the castle, attacking all doors in his path. If he succeeds, neutral flies and beetles surrounding the hero dungeon heart will be claimed by the blue keeper and start attacking the heart slowly into pieces.

Back to the question, I think yeah, the door was meant to be there. All the boulder traps in the corridor were there to slow down the imps to go claiming the territory. However, once the flies and beetles destroy the heart, traps and doors become useless as there are no more of them to slow them down so once the heart is destroyed. Here, I'm not sure if the insects should be around the heart. I think the heart should be attacked by the enemy Keeper AFTER the imps successfully start claiming the white territory in the corridor. Not before. But then, it would take a way longer time for them to destroy the doors and get access to the blue door. Too long, maybe?

What do you think would be the best?
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EnkerZan XFIRE ID: enkerz4n

I always imagined that hero keep to be filled with Heroes. Both the player and the Vampire Keeper fight to control it. The Hero Dungeon Heart is useless, I dunno why they bother putting it there other than to easily remove all the doors and traps from that area.

Ghost

The traps in the corridor, the insects at the heart. It al looks like a carefully planned timer of some sort. Which makes it for the Human player necessary to move out at some point else he gets overrun by the Hero's and the blue keeper.

The map becomes a lot harder if the blue keeper takes the castle, he get's a Horned Reaper for free and also takes some dungeon specials which might come in handy. Also he can start bridging and digging around your dungeon which is quite annoying. Most of all the AI starts spamming CTA on your heart which makes his Vampires and Mistresses teleport to it.

yeah that seems a better idea to me, else there is really no point in even having that hero castle there they may aswell of just made it a part of the blee keepers domain. all in all though i think the final mission does leave a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by dangleberries View Post
    yeah that seems a better idea to me, else there is really no point in even having that hero castle there they may aswell of just made it a part of the blee keepers domain. all in all though i think the final mission does leave a lot to be desired.
    I disagree. The plot point of the entire final stage was that you were going to capture the Avatar, and of course you would expect him in nothing else but a big hero Fortress. (The supposed plot twist is of course that the Avatar isn't there, but is captured by blue). Making the entire fortress blue from the start kind of defeats the point completely.

I suppose it's just that BF made poor decisions for how/when to make blue takeover, making it turn out pretty much random. It appears much earlier than expected/needed for some players. For me, he always stayed away long enough that I got the Hero territory before Blue does.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Quote Originally Posted by Enker-Zan View Post
    I always imagined that hero keep to be filled with Heroes. Both the player and the Vampire Keeper fight to control it. The Hero Dungeon Heart is useless, I dunno why they bother putting it there other than to easily remove all the doors and traps from that area.
    It's planned that way. From the texts of the game, heroes are "hidden in the shadows" and they reveal their presence once the Avatar is defeated or captured by resurecting/cloning him. So, yeah, having the hero castle being empty IS NORMAL. In fact, if heroes would already be there, it would have been too much easy to send heroes fight the Blue Keeper instead of us. And also, more heroes = more captures = more creatures than blue = too easy level for a final one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    I disagree. The plot point of the entire final stage was that you were going to capture the Avatar, and of course you would expect him in nothing else but a big hero Fortress. (The supposed plot twist is of course that the Avatar isn't there, but is captured by blue). Making the entire fortress blue from the start kind of defeats the point completely.

I suppose it's just that BF made poor decisions for how/when to make blue takeover, making it turn out pretty much random. It appears much earlier than expected/needed for some players. For me, he always stayed away long enough that I got the Hero territory before Blue does.
    Capture the avatar? I don't think so. I think the Avatar wasn't mean to be captured. Through the sound files of the game, there's one saying: "The Avatar's body has vanished!". I think here that, once the Avatar is knocked out, his body should go *poof!* so that imps couldn't drag his body. Since Bullfrog was on a rush, they didn't have time to hardcode this, and this is something I'd like to see repaired (perhaps through additionnal script lines?).

However, the time the blue keeper needs to claim the castle varies. To get access to the hero castle, the Blue Keeper must dig a path or a hole to make the possibility for the imps to move, if they aren't busy to do something else. I remember the first time I played the level, I was not tempted to move out from my dungeon, thinking the hero castle was filled by heroes and causing the blue imps to claim it entirely. I did the mistake to stay too much in my dungeon. However, once you figure out the emptiness of the castle and the rush you must do, taking the hero castle is a piece of cake.

I repeat my question : should it take a while for the blue keeper to claim the hero castle and destroy the heart or should it be pretty quick?
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Ghost

Ones you can kill the guarding Tentacles you should take the castle. I thought there were 10 Tentacles in total. 8 to the right of the "Dirt Bridge" and 2 on the left. With some first person use that can be done pretty fast.

If you have the Castle, blue isn't much of a concern anymore until you have defeated the Hero's.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Capture the avatar? I don't think so. I think the Avatar wasn't mean to be captured.

If that isn't "captured" then I have no idea what it is.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

I don't think He's meant to be captured at the first coming of He.

Only in the second coming do you truly capture Him to torture for eternity.