Thread: Custom map help

Default Custom map help

Hi, i stumbled upon this site whilst looking for DK2 maps to play because ive had nothing but problems with making my own maps in the past.

I then found a nifty little program called 'D2makemap' which is basically a random map generator based on preferences you give. I used this tool to create a basic map and then filled in the portals and gems where i wanted them etc etc.

Well i like big maps, i like the fact you can start a map, have plenty of space and build a massive or small dungeon in an infinite number of ways.

The problem with my recent map, is that the AI will only seem to build a Training Room and a Workshop, it will claim portals but nothing else.

The pools are a complete mirror of mine and i wouldnt gimp myself in such a way.

I then further edited the map to include for them a prebuilt Treasury hoping this would begin the build line strings, but then when i tried that, the changes werent implemented.

Any thoughts?

DKA

Default Re: Custom map help

Never mind, i figured it out, somehow unchecking "computer player" makes the AI work ..

Also, i tried adding in some custom sacrifice recipe's but they dont seem to stick - any ideas on that one?

DKA

Default Re: Custom map help

Quote Originally Posted by DK-Asmodeus View Post
    Never mind, i figured it out, somehow unchecking "computer player" makes the AI work ..

Also, i tried adding in some custom sacrifice recipe's but they dont seem to stick - any ideas on that one?

DKA
    Lol, unchecking the "computer player" box still makes the player a computer player if a normal player is not present...