Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Sound bugs, training hating Imps, and suggestions.

Default Re: Sound bugs, training hating Imps, and suggestions.

Found another bug: On level 19, when you obtain the 3 boulder traps the boulder trap icon does not appear on the trap panel.

You can still select the blank icon and place them, however. What bothers me most about this bug is that you can immediately place them without first dragging them to a workshop.

Might have also found a bug concerning the enemy AI: His imps aren't dragging corpses to the graveyard. They're just sitting around smokin' their weed. <_<

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Giggles View Post
    Found another bug: On level 19, when you obtain the 3 boulder traps the boulder trap icon does not appear on the trap panel.

You can still select the blank icon and place them, however. What bothers me most about this bug is that you can immediately place them without first dragging them to a workshop.
    This bug was present in the original I seem to remember.
    Most likely something in the script...

IF_ACTION_POINT(10,PLAYER0)
    REM "You have found some boulder traps, these will aid us defeat the enemy, but there are only three of them available in this land, so care is neeeded"
    DISPLAY_INFORMATION(160)
    TRAP_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BOULDER,0,3)
    TUTORIAL_FLASH_BUTTON(53,-1)
    ENDIF

Ok, what's wrong with this somebody?

Exclamation Bug with overflow workshop traps

Bug with overflow workshop traps

Description:
    When you put a trap counter traps in the workshop is decremented, then when a imp comes to the workshop and takes a trap counter traps decreases again by one. As a result, the number of traps in the workshop to get more than what the counter and an overflow workshop.

Corrections:
    1. When you install a trap counter is not decreased, you can put any number of templates traps (empty) until the counter is greater than zero
    2. When selling the trap is checked if it is empty, then the money is not given, that there was no cheating with the money because of the correction in paragraph 1
    3. When selling a trap, it is not removed from the workshop, because it imp at this time may be in the path and bear trap to the installation site
    4. Just fix for a computer assistant (not completely)

Corrections in the code:

Spoiler

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Giggles
    I found a new bug: Creatures no longer explode when they're killed while frozen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MGR
    That only happens to humanoids, are you sure it was a humanoid Creature?
    Nope. This applies to all creatures. Anyway, Mefisto fixed it now.

Edit: I found a Tunneler bug, which is the same thing as the Imp training bug: When they gain a level, they stop training, and they have absolutely no attention span when it comes to dungeon work. They'll bounce back and forth between jobs...

This one has been around since the original game, I believe.

Edit 2: Correction, it seems to be even worse. They seem to get bored WHILE doing jobs. This is most prominent while training. Sometimes they'll randomly stop training to go and do dungeon tasks.
    This bug was present in the original game. Tunnellers were kinda bugged while in our side. Perhaps this could be fix once and for all in KeeperFX?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister >Giggles

In my unofficial patch, a "tutorial flash button" appears to show that there are boulder traps you can place. However, for the other bug, I don't know how we could fix it. Something should be done to separate the "amount you can place" value and "amount available" value. I once talked about it.

And it's not a bug in the script. The command TRAP_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BOULDER,0,3) only tells that you have 3 boulders available, but the 0 tells that you can't manufacture them from the workshop.

And Xenogras, first: welcome! Second, this is something we should probably discuss and plan much to sort all the possible cases about placing, arming and manufacturing traps.

Might have also found a bug concerning the enemy AI: His imps aren't dragging corpses to the graveyard. They're just sitting around smokin' their weed. <_<
    Is it the same for the human player imps?
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

It only effects the AI Keeper's Imps.

Tunnelers don't have the dig ability like imps do, it would take more fixing than maybe meets the eye. (unless the mining ability could be given to them if we own them)

Has anyone noticed that speed isn't decaying as creatures go up levels? I used to always keep my imps at level 3 as that is when they gained speed and had it for the longest time. As they reached level 10 (and other creatures too) the speed ran out before they could re-cast it and caused them. Was this changed by Mefistotelis as a bug?

Also, controls are inverted in the game, the option to reverse them works, but it should be the other way round. When the option says "off" up should be up and down should be down, when the option says "on", up should be down and down should be up. This is the other way round at the moment. (At least I thought it was that way in the original game.)
    (Out of interest, which files deal with mouse and/or keyboard control when possessing a creature?)

Mefistotelis, do you know if there is code inside the game that could be used to allow imps to claim enemy tiles and fortify walls in possession mode, or whether that would ever even be possible?

About the lightning and drain bug, this only applies to beam attacks, and so applies to the Dragon's Flame breath (although weirdly not as much if you possess the dragon), and so doesn't apply to things like the Archer's arrows or the Dragon's Meteors.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Spellmaker
    Tunnelers don't have the dig ability like imps do, it would take more fixing than maybe meets the eye. (unless the mining ability could be given to them if we own them)
    Tunnellers have "First Person Dig" in my unofficial patch.

Has anyone noticed that speed isn't decaying as creatures go up levels? I used to always keep my imps at level 3 as that is when they gained speed and had it for the longest time. As they reached level 10 (and other creatures too) the speed ran out before they could re-cast it and caused them. Was this changed by Mefistotelis as a bug?
    This was clearly a bug. There was only 9 levels of spell's power and only the highest value was used. When a creature reached level 10, it overflowed to the next spell's cost into the creature.cfg file. Now, a spell's power will increase after each level. Level 8 imps will have a better speed spell than level 3 and it's rather logical.

Also, controls are inverted in the game, the option to reverse them works, but it should be the other way round. When the option says "off" up should be up and down should be down, when the option says "on", up should be down and down should be up. This is the other way round at the moment. (At least I thought it was that way in the original game.)
    I agree on that.

Mefistotelis, do you know if there is code inside the game that could be used to allow imps to claim enemy tiles and fortify walls in possession mode, or whether that would ever even be possible?
    I think, for game balancing, that it should be better to not allow this.

About the lightning and drain bug, this only applies to beam attacks, and so applies to the Dragon's Flame breath (although weirdly not as much if you possess the dragon), and so doesn't apply to things like the Archer's arrows or the Dragon's Meteors.
    Something I know about Flame Breath, Lightning and Drain, is that, they're the only spells that shoot upward when they hit a door (they hit the upmost part of the door). I don't know if there's a link here.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Default Re: Bug with overflow workshop traps

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogras View Post
    Corrections in the code:
    Nice to see another coder here.

But what we want is not to simplify the traps system; we want to fix existing mechanism.

Talking about all the different things in one thread is quite confusing; what I asked is: in which version of KeeperFX the heart sound bug began?

EDIT: Fixed the heart sound bug.
    Last edited by mefistotelis; May 29th, 2011 at 09:51.

In r363 and r364 bug with sound. Sounds of the rooms are mixed and do not stop playing when the camera goes to another place.

The problem is solved to restore files from v0.39
    bflib_sound.h
    bflib_sound.c
    sounds.c

Save for test: fx1g0004.zip
    Last edited by Xenogras; June 3rd, 2011 at 16:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogras View Post
    In r363 and r364 bug with sound. Sounds of the rooms are mixed and do not stop playing when the camera goes to another place.

The problem is solved to restore files from v0.39
    bflib_sound.h
    bflib_sound.c
    sounds.c

Save for test: fx1g0004.zip
    The problem must be inm set_room_playing_ambient_sound() routine; will check.