Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Patch v1.8 - Status

Default Re: Unofficial Patch v1.8 - Status

dotted:
    Maybe you should write whats new in 1.8 instead of copy pasting 1.73, and pass it off as your own work.
    - The movies can be watched without CD

- No freezes ingame anymore (at my computer, don't testet with others...)

- The german version of this game is now uncut (no need to delete files or change registry)

- QSound "fixed"; it's right the QMixer.dll file was fixed in 1.73 but this version is better: 1.73 - the game crashes by about 1-to-20 games (1 player), in 1.8 you got maybe never a crash (I played about 50 games, 1 player)

- All creatures in the campaign now available and no problems with the end of the levels; OK i fixed the thing with the ending in 1.73f

- The maps 'Islands' and 'Platform' are available for skirmish

- The map 'Traptime' is available for multiplayer

- The official DK2-Editor and the three Bonus-Packs are included in this patch

Hapuga:
    Hey, when you start with AI, contact me and Jibbits, we'll tell you what we did in order for you not to do the same mistakes/actions. Even better, lets cooperate on this part.
    Thanks, I let you know, when I start with the AI. Important at first is however the bugs.

dk2player:
    hey, when you happen to finish with this, can you replace the title screen with this: ...
    Good idea, i didn't think about this before . I think about this, but first we have to find a way to open these damn .BF4 files (http://forum.keeperklan.com/how-open...lesi-t185.html).

dk2player:
    You will need to convert in back to a .WAD file before finishing. I can't because I don't want to ruin my game.(just yet)
    Make a copy of your "Dungeon Keeper 2" folder. If you did something wrong, just copy the files you had ruined back to your "right" DK2 folder and it works like before. I do the same, if i did shit (what happens often) .

Dark Angel:
    btw, i dont think the north-south "bug" is a bug, i think it was planned by developers of the game, it was already in 1.3.
    I also think it was planned by the developers, BUT only for campaign it was a good idea (in the most levels you start at the south). For multiplayer it's really shit.

That's a general problem of DK2, the developers only thought about the campaign and skirmish, but they don't thought about multiplayer .
    Last edited by Tomix; September 26th, 2009 at 11:34.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

North/South Bug...

I think I know what could be the cause of this. I was posting in the "new creatures" topic and I had to look back on the new features of DK2 Editor Pro to create a "new" creature, well enough of that, onto the main point.

I saw "Translation Sound Category" beside "Sound Category". Above the former is "Death Fall Direction". I checked all the creatures. They are all set to "North". I wonder if this could be the source or at least linked to the source of the North/South Bug.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Thx for the patch, game is actually playable now. Had all these weird graphics corruptions etc on my 8800gt.

Don't know if it's just me but reviewing objectives crashes the game.

So err... Where is the download for this WIP? Or has it not been released yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Madkill View Post
    So err... Where is the download for this WIP? Or has it not been released yet?
    he needs to fix the other more important things, as he said. he needs help for that, but we all are noobs. so i guess its not released yet

I've changed something to "fix" the Money-, Chat- and Player-Bug, but I don't know if it works.

I need someone to test it online...

I will, pick me!!!

Could you perhaps release a alpha ver with all the succesfull changes you've made already?

there is no 1.8 patch and will never be. this guy is a joke.

I dont know what goals he pursued by posting this. personal fame? lol.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Which brings up another question...

What, exactly, does the 1.73 patch do? What does it change? I know it's supposed to help with Vista/Multi-player, but from what I've read these can be taken as confirmation bias, not due to quantifiable changes.