Thread: Warrior Princess (Hero)

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: beringline

Default Warrior Princess (Hero)

I have a suggestion for a hero.

So far a lot of the melee and more brutal heroes are male. (I am not a sexist here at all - don't take me wrong. I don't care if 100% of this game is male characters) But as for a change - and perhaps to add a cool and strong character. A warrior princess could do the trick!

I am of course thinking about Xena.

And honestly I think it would be pretty bad-ass too, if the visual design and weapon perhaps was copied a bit, from the Xena.

I remember the mistress-scream in DK1, kinda did remind me of Xena, so I guess this is why the idea has stayed on my mind for quite a while.

We need heroes and I think it would be awesome having a unit, that doesn't nessicarily have an enourmous amount of abilities, but is just cool to the bone!

I am not good with the game design or functions, however these are the mechanics I have thought about so far:

-----------------------------------------------
    Warrior Princess: (Random name generated - but Xena popping up once in a while would be awesome)

Weapons:

2h Sword.
    The razer ring (Or whatever it is)

= 1 ranged and 1 melee attack.

Spells:

Speed

Please if some of you guys, who previously did a lot of great suggestions, could add to this, it would be awesome. Personally I'd love to have a Xena - and I personally think it fits very nicely into this universe already.

Default Re: Warrior Princess (Hero)

This

-Department Of Redundancy Department

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Valkyrs - Aren't they more like, angels - and holy warriors?

Not as "Warrior" as I wanted it to be. I was more thinking about a down to earth powerfull warrior than a holy warrior.

I did already think about the valkyr suggestion but I see we cannot have both a Warrior Princess and the Valkyr. But perhaps we can make the Valkyr something in between then.

This isn't a Valkyrie. Continue suggesting

Keepers have Horned Reaper and Archlich which are strong last tier units. Heroes could have XENA?! She seems the legendary type.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbaby View Post
    Please if some of you guys, who previously did a lot of great suggestions, could add to this, it would be awesome. Personally I'd love to have a Xena - and I personally think it fits very nicely into this universe already.
    Please look at this thread for actual Suggestive guidelines instead of just hoping someone else will do the work for you.

Some of the "great suggestions" are great because they're very well organized, have a good concept, and are well thought out. The biggest thing I care about is probably making the Suggestion fit into an empty Unit Role, and a balanced concept.

Valkyrs - Aren't they more like, angels - and holy warriors?

Not as "Warrior" as I wanted it to be. I was more thinking about a down to earth powerfull warrior than a holy warrior.

I did already think about the valkyr suggestion but I see we cannot have both a Warrior Princess and the Valkyr. But perhaps we can make the Valkyr something in between then.
    What he meant was that we have the Valkyire suggestion, and this unit, based on the limited information you've previded, sounds quite similar to the Valkyire. The Valkyire is a female quick knight-like warrior that possesses both Melee and Ranged capabilities.

You said this suggestion would be like a female Warrior, have a Melee and Ranged Attack, and possess Speed. That sounds quite similar to the Valkyire so far. The only difference would be the concept of the units. And when only the concept is different, it becomes a question of which concept is better. Between a female angelic-like being, or just a plain old ordinary warrior, I'd have to say the former is more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzi View Post
    Keepers have Horned Reaper and Archlich which are strong last tier units. Heroes could have XENA?! She seems the legendary type.
    You forgot the Gargoyle and the Lord of the Land.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post

. The only difference would be the concept of the units. And when only the concept is different, it becomes a question of which concept is better. Between a female angelic-like being, or just a plain old ordinary warrior, I'd have to say the former is more interesting.

I did look at all the information. But I am horrible at making new suggestions, because it is hard for me, to sit down for a long time to figure things out, like game mechanics. I could "just" add stuff. But that would be very random.

But as you said here, you are probably right. And we cannot have both the Val and the Xena. So perhaps we should just figure out, what visual design we should go for. Because overall the stats and abilities on the valkyr seems to work for both suggestions.

Then perhaps this suggestion would be better off "merged" into the valkyr, and we could later on, get concept artists to make designs for both.

I still prefer the Xena look - because it is more "up-in-your-face" and not so shiny and heroes of might and magic looking as pictures posted of the valkyr. But I guess all this goes into the art-threads whenever we get to work more on the valkyr.

So sorry for taking up space. I am pretty sure with this weak suggestion of mine, it would probably not with stand a comparasion between the two. Then the valkyr would definetly win. But in looks and concept, I still think it is a bit too holy/angel.

But it will be interesting to see how far we can go with the valkyr design. Perhaps she becomes a Xena in case she is converted from Good to Evil.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

I did look at all the information. But I am horrible at making new suggestions, because it is hard for me, to sit down for a long time to figure things out, like game mechanics. I could "just" add stuff. But that would be very random.

But as you said here, you are probably right. And we cannot have both the Val and the Xena. So perhaps we should just figure out, what visual design we should go for. Because overall the stats and abilities on the valkyr seems to work for both suggestions.
    Can't get good without trying, can you? My first few suggestions weren't that good either, and they definately were poorly organized.

I still prefer the Xena look - because it is more "up-in-your-face" and not so shiny and heroes of might and magic looking as pictures posted of the valkyr. But I guess all this goes into the art-threads whenever we get to work more on the valkyr.
    Well the Valkyire is a Hero, but also a magic user so I'd have to say she has the right idea for her appearance.

So sorry for taking up space. I am pretty sure with this weak suggestion of mine, it would probably not with stand a comparasion between the two. Then the valkyr would definetly win. But in looks and concept, I still think it is a bit too holy/angel.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the Valkyire looking too "holy/angel". The holiness can be compared to the Monk I suppose. As for the angelicness, that would probably be how she stands out appearance wise.

But it will be interesting to see how far we can go with the valkyr design. Perhaps she becomes a Xena in case she is converted from Good to Evil.
    Personally I find it odd that a unit would change their look when they change sides. Not sure why, maybe it is because it feels closer to the original. Although that did give me an idea, perhaps a counterpart could be created for the Valkyire on the Creature Side?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Well if the Valkyr is a magic User, and the powerful and mighty Xena isn't - then Xena =/= Valkyr as previously mentioned.

Which makes me go deeper with this suggestion. I will wrap up thing, to make this a really good suggestion during the weekend, and then we'll see.