Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anglure

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daharka Jones

Post Anglure

Anglure
    (Formerly the entity known as the Black Swan)

Stats:

Health: Medium
    Strength: Medium
    Armour: Very Low
    Dexterity: Below Average
    Defense: Moderate
    Speed: Moderate
    Luck: Low
    Recovery: Moderate
    Intelligence: High
    Construction: Extremely Low
    Training Rate: Below Average
    Training Cost: Above Average
    Wage: Moderate – Below Average
    Gold Held: Moderate – Below Average
    Unit Type: Neutral Creature

Skills

Level 1: Melee
    Level 1: Lure*
    Level 2: Drain
    Level 3: Mesmerize**
    Level 7: Hypnotize***
    Level 9: Dark Spoke****
    Level 10: Mega Drain*****

Lure* - A long range area of effect spell. Anglure uses it to draw enemies to his lure, pulling them away from their posts to investigate, making them stop their jobs to have a look, as they see and wonder about the lure. 15% chance of drawing them to it.

Mesmerize** - A stronger version of its standard attack, this spell mesmerizes its prey into approaching the lure. It has a greater chance of drawing them to it and keeping them there once it has them. Although the effects can wear off, not before the spells cold down time allowing Anglure to effectively capture and drain its victim. The chances of mesmerize working go down in number the more enemies it attracts as it can’t effectively keep a large number of enemies entranced. If one attacks and destroys the lure the spell will instantly be broken on the others.

Hypnotize*** - Causes all enemies around the lure to fall under the Anglure’s spell that allows it to buy itself some more time. Effectively a turncoat spell, it allows the Anglure to turn enemies on each other if the numbers around the lure grow to a number greater than it can control and/or its lure is being attacked.
    A very weak turncoat spell, lasting the shortest of all its variants, it is the Anglure’s get out jail relatively free card.

Dark Spoke**** - (spell created by Metal Gear Rex) Causes the Target to begin Fleeing and heading back to their Lair. Does not affect Units that never Flee or are immune to Fear Spells. The effects do and can wear off before the Target has reached his/her Lair. The Anglure only uses this once it has been discovered and its lure destroyed. The downfall to this spell is that it can only be cast after its lure has re-grown, which takes a short while to do so, and until then it is vulnerable to attack.

Mega Drain**** - A short range super drain attack. It can drastically deplete an enemies life rendering it unconscious in some cases with only a few blasts. Although it has a long cold down time the move is dangerous. The drawback is that the Anglure has to be very close, risking being seen, to pull this spell off.

Special Abilities:
    Lung/Jump – The Anglure will hopefully, with regards to its true body, look a lot like a Giant Toad mixed with a Angler Fish, so it only makes sense that it would jump like a Toad would. This jump ability, although not great, allows it to get in close to any unit it may have mesmerized to drain it of its life.

Shroud/Invisibility – A weaker invisibility spell. Causes the Anglure to become invisible when its partially submerged in water. It can effectively lure when outside of it, but has a far greater chance of keeping itself hidden when in water.

Information

Author's Note
    The Anglure was born in my nightmares. As a child my father lovingly told me many scary and made up stories. For instance to ensure me and my sister ran off he told use that invisible doorways existed inside bushes and behind parked cars and that if we ran into them we would be lost and unable to ever come back! We never EVER ran off.
    Another was formed after I first saw an Angler Fish on Discovery Channel and he told me that the reason why you shouldn’t swim at night was because these beasts came up from the deep and lures you to their lures before ensnaring you with their teeth and dragging you into the abyss.
    Lovely Dad, I know.
    The Anglure is a mixture of the Anglure Fish that so lovingly draws its prey close with its glowing lure, draining them of all willpower to leave, before eating them.
    It gains its newer appearance after seeing two similar enemies in two different, but uniquely Japanese, genres. The Grand Fisher from Bleach, which killed the antagonist’s mother when he was a child, and the Demon Bael from Devil May Cry 4 who is where I get the toad aspect from (I guess the Japanese have fathers like mine, lol).
    The Anglure would stand no taller than a Bile Demon, and would be more than 70% mouth and teeth. It would look pretty harmless enough when its lure is inactive, least as far as a Creature could, except for its long and evil grin.
    Above it’s head on a long tether would be its lure. This tether can lengthen considerably when it is luring. On the end of its lure, when it’s inactive, is a faintly glowing ball which it uses to help see ahead of itself. However when it is active the illusion of a dancing black swan humanoid takes form and it is this that lures its enemies towards for whatever reason. They may feel attraction, they may hate other females or they may simply see something they need to eradicate.

About the Anglure
    A true neutral survivor of the deep, the Anglure has drained to death many souls who saw its lure. At weaker levels it will usually be seen going after Imps, especially since their pure mana nature feeds the Anglure very well.
    Even at higher levels it never truly bites off more than it can chew unless made to do so by you. It will naturally go after the lesser Undead; Skeletons and Ghosts, as they are either near mindless or simply beyond the capacity for true thought and so the easiest prey.

The Anglure will, if it can, dangle its lure into your Tavern if the building of your Dungeon allows this. There it will slowly drain the drunken minds of your Creatures until it is discovered.
    It is good to note that it can only cast Drain from its lure. All its other spells have to be cast from the Anglure itself. This causes it to either be really close to its victims, risking being uncovered, for greater control over them for greater reward, or at distance slowly bleeding enemies dry but at a near snail’s pace and its lure becoming relatively unprotected, although it can be respawned faster as it able to put more focus on it.

Behavior in Dungeon:
    If captured and converted the Anglure can work very well as a scout/guard creature. It will keep any patrolling units at a great distance and drain them of their life. Of course this only effective against small controllable numbers of enemies, the Undead or Imps, but it’s still useful. It allows you to effectively nail down attackers to then be picked off by other long range support units.

Anglure pick on Undead and much like the Spider and Fly battles of old, you will often hear of a scrap happening between the two. For this reason they are especially loved by the Bile Demons, who hate Skeletons, and if a scrap is not sorted quickly you may find the big lugs hauling themselves in to protect the Anglure.
    Though it’s rare that a converted Anglure will attack and kill your own Undead, they can prove highly damaging to attacking forces consisting of Undead, especially Ghosts who they’ve been witnessed eating completely.
    Ironically the Anglure is extremely effective at speeding up the process of creating Undead especially in your Prison, as it Drains the captured enemies dry there, as well as in the Torture Room as it messes the minds of the tortured aiding in their feeling to give up information, give in altogether and die or convert.

It will be happier in the Dungeon that has a Prison or Torture Room or both, as well as having a comfortable love for the Tavern as it can pick on the drunk and lethargic. They can also be found in Temples but instead of praying they will have their lure dangled over the Temple waters as if they were trying lure something only they aware of out of it.

Behavior Outside of Dungeon:
    Outside of your Dungeon they will always be found near water where their natural skill ‘Shroud’ is most effective. Weak level Anglure’s are seldom seen at first due to this, but the stronger they are in the wild the most confidently you will see them out in the open, especially if they have Mega Drain.

Behavior in Battle:
    Support Unit
    In battle it is a comfortable support unit causing mild confusion amongst the enemies with its lure. Both its Mesmerize and Hypnotize spells are great when used correctly and at the right time. An advancing enemy captivated, if only temporarily before being ‘woke up’ by its allies, will leave itself vulnerable to attack from your Blitzers and more damaging Support units. It can even allow you to regain control of a situation that may occur against your Blocker wall.
    Dark Spoke can be used to deter enemies away from it if it is found in battle, allowing it to try and get behind something that has more defense than it does, and its Mega Drain can cripple the weaker units with sometimes just a single blow.
    Its jump/lunge also makes it a little bit harder to hit.
    However its weak body and low armor makes it tremendously susceptible to attacks, and should anyone make it through your blockers they with tenderize your Anglure like it was prize meat.

Strengths:
    Kind of unique as a health sapping, and confusion inducing, Support Unit
    Effective Guard outside of your Dungeon protecting Mining Imps maybe
    Would work very well with Ice Archer unit.
    Helps creating Skeletons and Ghosts

Weaknesses:
    Easily Killed if not Well Protected
    Training costs more than training speed

Jobs:
    Probably because of its adoption by Bile Demons it will try its webbed hands at Manufacturing although it isn’t great at it, however desperate times could call for it.
    It can’t research, and doesn’t pray in the Temple, but it speeds up Undead creation and enemy information giving while the Mistress and Succubus excel at actual conversion.
    It is a good Guard also and Guards by stopping enemies from even coming close in the first place, a twist to the idea of guarding to a Keeper I’m sure.
    When angered the Anglure will use its talents on your Imps with dangerous results.

Lair and Food:
    The Anglure’s lair is a murkier variant of the Bile Demons bile pool. It however is overflowing and has flies buzzing around it. When in it the Neutral is more or less completely submerged with only its eyes, body’s top and lure above water level.
    When hungry the Anglure will eat three Chickens, licking them up with its surprisingly long tongue.

Loves:
    Bile Demons
    Prisons
    Torture Rooms
    Taverns
    Lots of water

Hates:
    It doesn’t actually hate anything.

Character Appearance:

Spell Animations:
    ---I’ll get back to you on them.

How Introduced:
    Neutral Creature first seen just in the early levels, before you can convert at all, before returning at the middle of the game. Every subsequent appearance their after sees it gain strength.

Obtainable By:
    Neutrals and Torture.

Torture:
    The Anglure has had its lure frozen solid and is having it smashed into its own face.
    Last edited by Lord Onatu; June 14th, 2011 at 23:34.

Default Re: Black Swan

i like the idea of her having an uperhand on males putting a minor strategic role for keepers. However, she seems too powerful so I suggest you change the moves a bit or make her generally fragile (kinda like fairies in DK1)

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    i like the idea of her having an uperhand on males putting a minor strategic role for keepers. However, she seems too powerful so I suggest you change the moves a bit or make her generally fragile (kinda like fairies in DK1)
    I see u may b right. Opps, text talk... I hope James doesn't see that. Ok, I've made her more fragile. Hopefully that will be better.
    Bump! Over 40 views and no one but natchoguy has something to say.
    Last edited by Lord Onatu; May 28th, 2011 at 15:13. Reason: natalie portman's sex scene in Black Swan was awesome

It would be interesting if the higher the level, the more troublesome they behave as in they will disrupt creatures work to fill in their own selfish needs

Looks like a Mistress/Succubus clone/mix. We don't really need any more of those.

The Awakening

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Not really liking this suggestion truthfully.

Heavily makes me think of the Succubus, as both have some similarities.
    For this suggestion, it reeks of being overpowered. If I have a small army of males try to attack, would they stop trying and be attracted to her singing? Can the males even do anything against her?

What if a Keeper uses a female army instead? The Black Swan would be rendered useless as there are no enemy males to turncoat. And since WftO is getting a bigger list of females compared to the other two games, it is pretty possible I believe.

Besides, if the player has to resort to using a female army, something is kinda wrong here...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

If anything, this unit will be either terribly overpowered or completely pathetic. If fighting a Male, he's screwed. If fighting a Female, she's (the Black Swan) screwed since she has no defense against a female unit. So all you really need to do is drop a female and it will die quite easily.

Although, there is still the situation of when the Player has no females at all, and then it just becomes a complete unfair annoyance to fight.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; May 29th, 2011 at 12:39.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    If anything, this unit will be either terribly overpowered or completely pathetic.
    If anything, I'd list being able to easily incapacitate about 75% of the cast under "overpowered". (This is assuming there's no gender per individual unit system like in DK2)

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

U no I did really want to see her incluaded, but the more I look at her, and scrap my brains on how to make her better some how, the more I'm left at a loss.
    I know we may now have enough female characters. I know she has turned out as a mixture of the Succubi and Maiden.
    I really want to make her better, but all I think of is taking away her power over men and gicing her a jealous hatred of women, something which is relatively unique when it comes to the female units. However apart from that, I only see her as an annoyance that will go after your ladies. If you have none, or only a few, she will not be that much of a threat.
    I don't know. I wanna revise but really don't know where to start.

I don't often do this but can anyone think of something, anything (a change big or small) that make her a much better Neutral than she is now?
    I like the idea of her hating other females (allies and enemies), being solitary, loving male attention but only to sadistically kill them if she has the chance. ARGH... my head hurts.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Onatu View Post
    U no I did really want to see her incluaded, but the more I look at her, and scrap my brains on how to make her better some how, the more I'm left at a loss.
    Speak better English.

I know we may now have enough female characters. I know she has turned out as a mixture of the Succubi and Maiden.
    She is not like the Maiden. The Maiden is like... so much cuter.

I really want to make her better, but all I think of is taking away her power over men and gicing her a jealous hatred of women, something which is relatively unique when it comes to the female units. However apart from that, I only see her as an annoyance that will go after your ladies. If you have none, or only a few, she will not be that much of a threat.
    I don't know. I wanna revise but really don't know where to start.

I don't often do this but can anyone think of something, anything (a change big or small) that make her a much better Neutral than she is now?
    I like the idea of her hating other females (allies and enemies), being solitary, loving male attention but only to sadistically kill them if she has the chance.
    I don't find the concept very appealing and so I don't really know what to do with the suggestion to make it better. We already have two units that appeal to Males, the Succubus and the Maiden. However, they both do it very differently for alternative reasons and they both technically are considered to be different unit types.

I don't think you can take that same concept and make a third unit and make it both interesting but also unique. Maybe just scrap it or something.

ARGH... my head hurts.
    I told you not to trust James when he does that very creepy wink.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!