Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [terrain] Forest/Grass

Default [terrain] Forest/Grass

I have been thinking, since most of the game is going to be up on the surface, I thought I would add a forest/grass terrain. It is basically a small green patch of plants, which act very simular to solid rock, except dwarves may dig through with their axes.

You can claim the tile, and build traps/doors on the tile, and only a secound lair or hatchery may be built on these tiles.

Nature lover-type creatures like fairies and pixies love to spend all their time in these land tiles, and nature haters like bile demons and black knights hate these patches, and will try to stay away from them, even if it means not having a lair, or eating.

If 9 or more tiles of grass is all around in a square, the tiles start growing trees. Trees can get it your way really easily. They can't be digged out by your imps because your imps axes are too small and weak, and therefore, no creature can pass them. However, Dwarves can digg through them with their strong axes, and let them pass through. each tile gets one tree, like a baracade mixed with a solid rock, and trees become harder to dig through the more water is around them

Keepers that control them have nothing growing, unless it is next to a water, or in a wet or rainning realm. the tile give 2 mana per secound, and nature lovers like fairies, pixies, and others will build lairs, and spend most time around the tiles.

it basically looks like any pile of small grass when controled by the good. When any keeper has claimed it, they use the magic of their dungeon to change the color to the keeper who owns them, weather it be green, yellow, red, or blue. If no one owns it, it looks like a pile of dead grass, like a patch that hasn't been watered ever.
    Last edited by dk2player; September 26th, 2009 at 01:46.

Default Re: [terrain] Forest/Grass

seems like a nice idea... its like the salamanders that love lairs near lava...

im not quite sure about the imps not being able to take down the trees... i think they should take MUCH longer that the dwarves to do that...

Also... what kind of criteria its considered for a creature to "love" or "hate" the terrain?

Basically, if the creature is nature based, or appears to like nature, like their lairs there. Creatures who appear to hate nature (or nice) tend to avoid them.

And imps can't take them down, because their pick axes are meant to take down rock, not trees. dwarves, however, have a specialized skill for taking down them. Maybe imps can take down trees when level 8+

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Eventually, those pick-axes are going to break something!
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Eventually, those pick-axes are going to break something!
    thats exactly my point... imps can break trees... but at a really low speed compared to dwarves...

Yeah, but not a low levels, they must be lvl 8+, to make dwarves more valuable, and to make a more strategic evioment.

close to impossible.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

"I'm having trouble cutting down a tree. How about I knock somebody out first, then torture them until they join me. And finally, they will cut down that tree."

I'm pretty sure it will hurt like hell if even a level 1 imp stabbed you with a pick-axe. They may be weak, but so are humans. They should be capable of eventually chopping down a tree if even at level 1. If it is decided to train them a bit, then perhaps level 4 or 3. Level 8 is way too high.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

This entire system is pointless in my opinion.

What kind of average humanoid, can't walk around a tree?

Besides, couldn't you just burn it down with Warlocks or crush it with a Bile Demon. Seriously. This is sush an inane suggestion it doesn't even merit a rant about how inane it is.

Its because of the magic that the other keepers/good cast on to preven others from going through. You can go through your own trees, but not enemies. Unless you have a nature loving creature.