Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vampire - DPS vs Immortality

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Vampire - DPS vs Immortality

Quote Originally Posted by Zyraen View Post
    - Taking away Drain alone might be better, it never felt quite right with her. "AHAHAHA!" lame zippy-sounding beam of light red.. as opposed to bright white KaBooBooBooBoom...
    Well Drain is apart of her being a DPS, especially since Drain has a shorter recharge time compared to Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    That's the goal of it. Mistresses have a deadly combination of "Ranged attack" + Lightning + Speed, making her to be almost untouchable. Trust me, even without Speed, they're still very strong, no need to double it.
    What makes Speed so powerful on the Dark Mistress is the fact that she can escape enemies very easily. She already has a fast movement speed and she only has two spells to cast so she doesn't stop very often to cast spells.

She also has a lot of health (700, same as the Barbarian's) for a support unit. She also has a fairly high Armor stat, (50) so she can take a hit and doesn't get hit very often. (especially with her 70 Defense)

So I think maybe decrease her movement speed slightly, lower her health down o 600, and set her Armor stat should be 40, then she won't be so powerful.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Does DPS mean "Damage Per Second" in this context?

Quote Originally Posted by MGR
    She also has a lot of health (700, same as the Barbarian's) for a support unit. She also has a fairly high Armor stat, (50) so she can take a hit and doesn't get hit very often. (especially with her 70 Defense)

So I think maybe decrease her movement speed slightly, lower her health down o 600, and set her Armor stat should be 40, then she won't be so powerful.
    Hmmm, I'm so-so about altering these values since it won't be very similar to her natural enemy : the Samurai. He also has 700 of health, share the same base speed and has the same value of Defence and Luck. For the other stats (Strength, Dexterity and Armour), he's stronger than the Mistress, but since he's a Melee fighter and gets hit more often, that's normal.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Does DPS mean "Damage Per Second" in this context?

Hmmm, I'm so-so about altering these values since it won't be very similar to her natural enemy : the Samurai. He also has 700 of health, share the same base speed and has the same value of Defence and Luck. For the other stats (Strength, Dexterity and Armour), he's stronger than the Mistress, but since he's a Melee fighter and gets hit more often, that's normal.
    Well does it really matter? If it means changing those values to make her less overpowered, then I don't really see a problem with it.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

I was thinking of only decreasing her health to 600. Not much.

600 sounds good. And removing Haste sounds like it would help too.
    I guess you wouldn't mind if I used it in my Tweaked DK ?
    Last edited by Zyraen; June 3rd, 2011 at 04:24.

Gamer IDs

I don't mind any modifications. Everyone is free to tweak whatever they want. In my case, it's simply to improve the game for everyone, but I don't force anyone to use the modified stuff.

Ghost

I'm thinking the same about removing speed as you think about removing Drain. They are agile creatures, speed is something they should have.

If you want to remove something, remove Teleport from them.

...except removing Teleport from them hardly influences them, and removing Speed does. Removing Teleport is not much of a nerf. In fact, it'd only make them better, as their AI won't bug out anymore at level 10.

The Awakening

@Mothrayas
    Agreed. I wonder if I'm only person who thinks Teleport should be removed from the game completely?
    Not so much for Balance, only that its irritating.

Of course, Teleport is an interesting "nerf" for Sprinkling Gold... and even then, you can still manage it!