Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tile claiming

Default Tile claiming

I think we have to rethink the idea of claiming completely. Due to larger amounts of open spaces in the Good lands, we should make something different, in order not to make it look absurd.

I suggest something like Influence areas. Similar to how Scourge in WarCraft III spreads. You get out of the underworld and begin corrupting the territory.

And form the hero side, some creatures would oppose the corruptors. Say, druids. These creatures would heal the land back. not tile-per-tile, but by small location at once.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Default Re: Tile claiming

O.o, get out of my head! I was thinking exactly this myself. I personally think its a brilliant idea :-)

For reference purposes this is a good topic to extract already suggested ideas on the matter.

[Link]

Imagine, hell breaks loose, and evil creatures spawn on the Good lands!! ....and imps claim. and claim. and claim.... It's midnight. Everyone is asleep. Only claiming "woom" sounds are heard in the distance. 4 imps are desperately try to claim the roads, fields, forests, rivers, one fell into a well and claimed it. The Castle is one mile from the little town.

..Day 4. only 200 meters left! but that huge glade is in front...

Day 17. We are at your doors! The only problem, there's noone there. everyone has died from boredom.

Gamer IDs

But Hapuga, with the "blight" idea...

A decript figure moves infront of an army of beastlike humanoids. He is holding a staff, his hand is virtually necrotic and he is muttering a spell.

As he slowly progresses forward, grass withers - flowers die and animals shriek in terror.

This is a warlock.

This is a LICH!

As the all consuming influence of death progresses forward, so too does the conciousness of an all knowing, all seeing being. A keeper.

As the lich moves towards the walls of a seemingly inpenetrable castle, so too do the forces that follow him. When the lich reachers the castle gate, the wooden doors instantly catch alight and turn to ash within a matter of seconds.

It is the work of a Keeper.

As the trolls, Orcs and Bile demons get their fair share of rape in (lol :P), the dragons burn the houses and the more human like denizens of the underworld loot and pillage the town.

HUZZAH FOR THE LACK OF IMPS!

uh-huh, you've got the point. slow death and decay of all that is alive. all fuzzy and fluffy turns into thin, cold and ugly.

Gamer IDs

Got the point? More then that! Who DOESN'T love the fact that Archimonde leaves a scarred mess in his wake of the last Reign of Chaos campaign map?! BLOODY BRILLIANT BLIZZARD (unlike your more recent work, Blizzard!)

I really liked Synesthesia's idea for overworld territory claiming for the overworld. Underworld tile claiming should not change though.

yes, underworld narrow corridors are perfect for claiming. But the overworld should be definitely changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    yes, underworld narrow corridors are perfect for claiming. But the overworld should be definitely changed.
    I completely agree.