Thread: Wraith

Default Wraith

Background
    The Wraith is an existing mythological creature. It is said to be the spirit of a dead witch, fearful of crossing over for they will be punished for their sins. Instead, they remain in the material world.

Wraiths aren't physical beings themselves, and can pass through objects and walls alike. Wraiths give off an extreme cold sensation around them, and strike fear in those that see them.

Only a blessed, holy blade can kill them.

Translation to DK

Things that would have to be changed are as follows:
    Only holy or blessed weapons can kill them - becomes - Holy or blessed weapons (or creatures) deal additional damage to the wraith (no more than x1.5).

They can pass through physical objects and walls alike - becomes - They can learn to shift location (teleport) in the material world and are not bound to moving in continuous motion.

Things that remain true to the original description but are enhanced for DK:
    They give off an extreme cold sensation - becomes - They can freeze targets (at short range?) or slow them down (if at long range?)

They strike fear in those that see them - becomes - They can make creatures fearful of them (like in DKII)

Dead witches - becomes - a knowledge of various dark arts, sharing some similar abilities to the warlock. Of course, not the fireball since they're a cold creature, perhaps they could turn enemies into chickens like the keeper's spell for it.

Perhaps a unique skill, with them being a spirit, is they can inhabit an enemy and attack the allies. And when the enemy dies they wraith exits the body with perhaps 50% damage.

Appearance

Wraiths are evil spirits of witches. They're said to have skulls for faces, wear a torn black dress or gown of some sort and have thin white hair that appears to be floating on the wind. Their entire being is transparent.

Perhaps the air around them condenses from the cold affect, giving a sort of white mist rolling off them.
    Last edited by [email protected]; September 26th, 2009 at 13:35. Reason: Updated the appearance, making each section stand out more.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Default Re: Wraith

Hmm, i do like the idea of the Wraith, but would it fit in?

Perhaps we can give Ghosts and flick and add Wraiths. I mean, the description "fearful of being punished for their sins" sounds a bit more DK'ish then "Beings who have died under terrible pain and... well, nuts to it, ghosts weren't described well".
    Creature Profile Here

Weren't ghosts dropped in DKII anyway? Sort of, reincarnating them here with a wraith, which gives another mythological approach to the general "ghost" which is neither "sinister" nor "good".

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

They took out alot in DK2... Dragons, Beetles, Tentacles, Demon Spawns, Horned Reapers (In a way).

Perhaps a unique skill, with them being a spirit, is they can inhabit an enemy and attack the allies. And when the enemy dies they wraith exits the body with perhaps 50% damage.
    There was an idea for the ghost to use that on the old KK forum. I don't remember the outcome, but the problem was that it were too powerful. I do like the ghost and wraith, perhaps the wraith will be a good boss. And considering it is a boss, perhaps this technique could be reconsidered as it no longer belongs to a common creature.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

How is it any more powerful than the "turn-coat" spell? I think it's pretty reasonable. It could even have an insane recharge time like 3 minutes or something.

Welcome back [email protected]!

Thank you Mr. Blu.

Been at work on those models recently or not?

Seeing your name on here made me think of what a wraith model might look like... *drools*

yep, i'm working very closely with synesthesia, reworking the models to his specification. i've also got a new zbrush version which kicks ass

working much faster now, and producing clean meshes.

I usually needed 6 million+ polygons to work, I have now added a step in between where I can do it in less! Bile demon only has just over 300k poly's, so got loads of room to work with!

i'm only going to work on what he has down as concept art, so you will have to wait for everything to be approved of first, and him to do a sketch of as well

I got Z-Brush 3.5 today (trial) you make it look so easy D:

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

Doesn't really fit.