Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Engine

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Default Re: The Engine

Quote Originally Posted by Madkill View Post
    And you linked me to this thread because the guys doing the Ogre3D thing were going to aid getting NBKE done.
    i linked to this thread as this was the thread where the ogre3d had made a post, not my problem that you are incapable of reading.

And there isnt a ogre3d thread either

Seems i've not been here for a long time.
    I've ported most of IKSLM room rendering code. Still there are some problems:
    -portal looks weird. Some problems with its mesh generation.
    -room walls are not rendered well- standart wall textures are used instead.

There were some shortage of 3d modellers, so i used hardcoded block mesh generation instead of external mesh files (someone should draw them)

I use debug mode rendering for all tests, so FPS is bad. Release version is a bit faster (500FPS).

PS: less words more deeds

Looks very cool, I'm glad to see you guys are still alive
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

How much WFTO engines are in progress so far? We have lots of programmers working completely independently... is it OK?

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    How much WFTO engines are in progress so far? We have lots of programmers working completely independently... is it OK?
    As I gather Frosthand is working with a few other people to make a NBK/DK1 type thing for the OGRE3D engine, which I think is planned for use in the future with WftO development (though I'm not really sure of details).

There is Kopavel's engine, which looks amazing, but is not open-source compatible, also its only Kopavel working on it (though I there looks to be a few people who are gathering round that thread) so it does seem a bit much :/

Then there is the NBKE engine, which seems to be no longer under development any more (IKSLM is very busy...)

But that is just about all I can gathered from it...
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

We abandoned IKSLM code half a year ago and recommend everyone else to do the same. It is more useless than usefull. The only way to use it is to adapt some pieces of that code in new framework (read - "engine").
    By the way, i'm talking with Kopavel about uniting our afforts. He does not like Ogre3D in some way, but it's not the problem now to change rendering engine.

You hear that sunny? Thats the sound of my hip snapping to cover up the sound of progress...

Awesome news

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

So, whats going on. I have not Heard anything for a while. What you should do is make a blog for the development. And update it often.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    So, whats going on. I have not Heard anything for a while. What you should do is make a blog for the development. And update it often.
    Not much is going on. You are the one who probably knows the best :-)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

Lol wut, I never knew you were working on the ogre Wtfo Engine =)