Thread: Keen Eye,Blinde

Default Keen Eye,Blinde

Hello guys!

its my first time i leave a post on this part of the forum,i dident really understanded the goal for this part of the forum but i saw so many idies for spells/creatures each... so i decided to share my idie too

this 2 spells are kinda simple actually but i belive it will be helpfull in combat.

name:Keen Eye (not sure about the name through..)

use:increace dramaticly the accuracy/avoid/range (for ranged class) stats for your creatures.

-can be casted in enemy turf

-canceled by blind spell

-gives the cretures a chance to avoid freez/stun whatever...

-sacrifice: fly,fly,imp (kinda lame but dident found anything better..)

Blind is simply the oposite of keen eye, it blinds the enemy,makes him unable to avoid,hit,shoot fireballs,wahtever...

my idie for the symbal for blind is simply the symbal of sight of evil,just in black.

as for keen eye i didnet really finded any idie fo a symbal yet..

Tell me what you think?

Default Re: Keen Eye,Blinde

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    Hello guys!

its my first time i leave a post on this part of the forum,i dident really understanded the goal for this part of the forum but i saw so many idies for spells/creatures each... so i decided to share my idie too

this 2 spells are kinda simple actually but i belive it will be helpfull in combat.

name:Keen Eye (not sure about the name through..)

use:increace dramaticly the accuracy/avoid/range (for ranged class) stats for your creatures.

-can be casted in enemy turf

-canceled by blind spell

Blind is simply the oposite of keen eye, it blinds the enemy,makes him unable to avoid,hit,shoot fireballs,wahtever...

my idie for the symbal for blind is simply the symbal of sight of evil,just in black.

as for keen eye i didnet really finded any idie fo a symbal yet..

Tell me what you think?
    I like the range increase of keen eye, but avoiding freeze and stun is something I wouldn't include. Why is a sacrifice listed if this is a researched spell?
    Blind is a nice debuff, increasing miss chance, though this may be a creature ability already so you might want to look into that. This should only be castable on your own territory. Canceling Keen eye with this creates a weird arms race, where you just blind keen eyed enemies, who then have keen eye recast on them, and so on and so forth until you realize the battle is over. I'd just make both apply on the same creature, so that he still has the range increase, but it's harder for him to use that range increase.
    Also to avoid some flak in the future there is a post that has the format for these types of suggestions.
    here it is: http://keeperklan.com/threads/1364-S...ats-READ-FIRST!
    hope that helps .
    Last edited by Galf1; June 10th, 2011 at 10:04.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

I have no words for this. I don't expect much from this.

Dramatically... so it makes it so they almost aways hit and almost always dodge, right? Sounds broken.

Increasing a unit's Visual Range drastically doesn't sound like a very good idea...

Oh so they can even dodge spells now. Sounds even more broken.

You don't need a sarcifice combo for a spell.

Sounds broken when used on a ranged unit as they'll just be completely useless.

Tell me what you think?
    Dot dot dot. I think dotted. I've been dotted.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

i gaved tample sacrifice so you will be able to cast it on all your cretures at the same time.

i admit that blinding destroying keen eye can create a wierd spell fight between rival keepers so it wasent such a good idie..

about the avoid spells it has a "chance",not complectly ignore spells...(i dident wanted to use the word "dramaticly" on this part of the description lol..)

and i also dident mean to "increace range dramticly" (that will make archers "super assassins")
    only increasing it a little (3-4 tiles...)
    and dont forget that its temporary... so its not THAT ovepowered...

seems that my offer have officually banned since no one visits my post.. -_-

how annoying...

i though that those situations when you see a horned reaper fighting a dwarf for 30 sec just becouse he was unlucky with his accuracy could be fixed by the keen eye spell..

maybe rethink guys?

i gaved tample sacrifice so you will be able to cast it on all your cretures at the same time.
    To give the broken spell to every Creature in the dungeon easily?

about the avoid spells it has a "chance",not complectly ignore spells...(i dident wanted to use the word "dramaticly" on this part of the description lol..)
    Still (overly) powerful.

and i also dident mean to "increace range dramticly" (that will make archers "super assassins")
    only increasing it a little (3-4 tiles...)
    3-4 tiles is "dramatic".

and dont forget that its temporary... so its not THAT ovepowered...
    Well if the effect gets worn off, then I just recast it. Simple.

seems that my offer have officually banned since no one visits my post.. -_-

how annoying...
    You are impatient. We don't always need to pay attention to your threads, and sometimes we have other things to attend to. I myself happened to be sleeping.

i though that those situations when you see a horned reaper fighting a dwarf for 30 sec just becouse he was unlucky with his accuracy could be fixed by the keen eye spell..
    The Horned Reaper has a Dexterity of 160, which is very high. (Higher than what I remember it being) The Dwarf has a Defense of 30, which is pretty low. If he's missing, then you must b playing FX since FX uses DL's Dexterity "Fix", which isn't really a fix as it lowers Dexterity and not Defense, meaning everyone simply misses more often.

This spell of yours can be abused on Giants to fix their Dexterity problem, and allow them to hit more than before.

maybe rethink guys?
    I think it is a bad idea from the start.

Tesonu is napping!

well i guess i can delete the spells avoid thing... since it is kinda overpowered..
    makes tantacle/spider usless..

but you dont have to take my spell just the wey i offered it! i just gave an idie,i never though it will be register in the game the same wey i typed it here in the first place!

you and all the programmers do whatever you want with it so it will be "balanced".

but you dont have to take my spell just the wey i offered it! i just gave an idie,i never though it will be register in the game the same wey i typed it here in the first place!

you and all the programmers do whatever you want with it so it will be "balanced".
    I'll have you know that simply throwing away a suggestion is much more convenient from a game-developing perspective than redesigning a suggestor's idea and adding it in.

The Awakening

well i guess i can delete the spells avoid thing... since it is kinda overpowered..
    makes tantacle/spider usless..

Yes of course. We'll do that. Balancing is clearly the easiest thing in the world. We can do that no problem. That's why DK2 is so balanced, because it is easy to balance it. There's absolutely no trouble with the concept of a Spell's/Room's/Unit's/etc functions ever. Not even DK2's concept of Skeletons not leaving behind dead bodies. This of course does not interfere with their ability to reach Level 8 through the Combat Pit at all.[/heavy sarcasm]

This spell can't be really balanced because some Units have a bigger gain compared to others. The Increase of Dexterity heavily benifts the Giant for example due to their low Dexterity and high Strength. This allows them to hit more often, and they hit like trucks. In this kind of situation, you can't make the gain too high without it being like a super buff on some Creatures, nor can you have the gain be too low to prevent it being abusable with units like the Giant, without it being useless for other Units.

There's litterally no inbetween. It is a question of which direction you're leaning towards. The most "balanced" thing you could come up with is it being partially useless for other Units, and have it be partially abusable for the Giant. This shouldn't be included for that reason.

Tesonu is napping!

i see.. so i guess this idie is kinda dead huh?

what about the blindness spell?