Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Direct3D support, advantages of D3D

Default Direct3D support, advantages of D3D

How do I play with D3D or as 3D as possible? I can't mount ANY ISO file with either Alcohol/Daemon Tools (other games work perfectly), merely for the music. I'm running a 1600x900 desktop, even with a 800x600 in-game res, the mouse goes incredibly slow. I've set it to max in the in-game options. Doesn't do much.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: KeeperFX questions

The answer is simple: you can't. If you wanna play 3D, just play Direct3D version, but it won't have the KeeperFX changes. Increasing the resolution won't help either.

As for the music, please ensure that the CD drive where the ISO is mounted is set to the FIRST CD-Rom drive, which is generally drive D:\. Change the letters or disable the physical drives temporarily.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    The answer is simple: you can't. If you wanna play 3D, just play Direct3D version, but it won't have the KeeperFX changes. Increasing the resolution won't help either.
    So KeeperFX does not take the graphic improvements from the DK Direct3D version? Are these improvements very noticeable compared to DK without Direct3D? Can someone post a screenshot showing the same thing comparing it rendered with the two versions?

Quote Originally Posted by jomalin View Post
    So KeeperFX does not take the graphic improvements from the DK Direct3D version? Are these improvements very noticeable compared to DK without Direct3D?
    Improvements in D3D version? Where!?

In D3D version there are often visible discontinuities between various surfaces, eye lenses do not work at all and all textures are blurred. If you call these improvements, then no, KeeperFX does not implement them.

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    Improvements in D3D version? Where!?

In D3D version there are often visible discontinuities between various surfaces, eye lenses do not work at all and all textures are blurred. If you call these improvements, then no, KeeperFX does not implement them.
    Sorry, with "improvements" I wanted to say "GRAPHICAL improvements". As I thought, Direct3D DK is better than DK in graphics... that's why it uses Direct3D, isn't?

Ghost

It is not better in graphics, the only thing that actually looks better in the D3D version is 1st person lightning imo.

To my knowledge, the D3D version was released for compatibilities sake.
    I know I, along with many others I'm sure, tried to play original DK1 on a new OS only to have it shoved back in our face.
    The D3D version allowed it to work with more recent OS's, but I'd recommend KeeperFX

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Software vs D3D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	400xh1.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	480qv0.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	794  
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

There's a noticable difference to say at least. It's more smoothed. Edges of objects.

The only difference in D3D is that the graphics are diluted with blurs. Not a real improvement IMO.

The Awakening