Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: horend reapers+boringness

Default horend reapers+boringness

every time that i put my hands on a tample and more the 1 mistress bile demon and troll
    i beat up the map in like 5~10 min...

i think that in keeperfx you guys need to make horned reaper unspamble..

-make him avalabile in the creature pool only for ONCE.

-do something with the tample that its not possible to own more then 1 reaper,

-make the reapers hate each other to death. (not only fighting for lair teritory but simply killing each other as soon as they meet..)

-nerf hory (wich i really dont think shold happen since horny shold mean death)

-make him more angry and expencive to hold in the dungeon

horned spam had simply ruin my game since they are too over powered..

pleas,do something about it... my brother have quited dk1 after 3~4 lvls that he formed an army of `s...

plz do something about it..

Default Re: horend reapers+boringness

I'm not sure how to limit the number of Creatures sacrificed in the Temple, but here's what I proposed / am working on for my Tweaked Keeper Campaign.
    - I limited the Number of Trolls. Very Severely, to the tune of 2-5 Trolls per level.
    - I limited the Number of all Creatures in General. If you only have 8 Dark Mistresses in the Pool, you probably don't want to make half of them Horned Reapers
    - I nerfed their Damage abilities. Horned Reapers now have STR: 80, DEX: 90 (previous STR: 150, DEX: 160). That's more or less identical to the damage value of Samurai, so they are basically just Keeper Samurai with about 3 times the Health and less special abilities.

Most of the Tweaked Keeper Campaign allows me to control the number of Creatures very tightly, because your opponents don't share your pool of Creatures. They are generally Keepers that pull Heroes through the Portal and Train them up.

For the maps I'm editing, I try to keep Temple Unresearchable and it is in an "open" area, where if you enter you pretty much can get Engaged by Other Keepers as well as White Hero waves. Further, for the early part of most Maps you will have NO GEMS, just Gold, and about level 7-8 you will be forced out into the Open to Obtain Gems.

I intend to tweak some of the more potentially interesting levels in the original DK1 and Deeper Dungeons Campaign to do this.
    So far I'm having plenty of fun on Map 15, can't remember the name but its really nice (I got beaten the last time I tried it... even though the White Heroes bugged out, the 2 Enemy Keepers beat me hands down. My Creatures were higher level than theirs, but they spammed Lightning... I'm considering to remove that lol)

For more info, you can look at http://keeperklan.com/threads/1994-T...eeper-Campaign
    Last edited by Zyraen; June 10th, 2011 at 13:25.
    Dungeon Keeper 1 / Deeper Dungeons Fan
    No intention to play DK2

I'm Chinese, so please try and spell better than me...

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal
    -make him avalabile in the creature pool only for ONCE.

-do something with the tample that its not possible to own more then 1 reaper,
    Only doable through the code, but I'm so-so about it. Something else I could do, however, is to make the recipe harder, but I'm so-so about it too since the recipe is shown through one of the official levels (unless I edit the level to bring the changes).

-make the reapers hate each other to death. (not only fighting for lair teritory but simply killing each other as soon as they meet..)
    This would most likely mean to make them psycho as soon as you get them, and it would somewhat suck.

-nerf hory (wich i really dont think shold happen since horny shold mean death)
    Like you said.

-make him more angry and expencive to hold in the dungeon
    This can be possible. I could make sort that the Horned Reapers' annoyance values are worst so that they become annoyed more often or get happier very slowly. Will check on that. As for being more expensive, I think they cost a lot of money enough.

Finally, the rest depends on the level you're actually on. Sometimes, you simply can't afford to get hornies since you can hardly get cash to train them and pay them.
    Last edited by DragonsLover; June 10th, 2011 at 13:22.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

I think this issue is overrated and exaggerated. But it really depends on the level you are talking about, because you need some must have conditions. Besides, even if the level developer made it possible in some way, it’s you in the end that choose to pick such a strategy. Although I personally like to see proof of a level beaten with Horned Reapers only, within the 5-10 minutes, as the topic starter claimed, I hope I get an response on that.

I probably don’t need to explain some basic stuff about the Horned Reaper and amassing an army of them, but here goes anyway.

• First, Trolls, Dark Mistresses and Bile Demons must be available on the map. Obvious huh? Right, but the former 2 are not often right away (also the temple, remember?) so that leads us to the following thing.

• Secondly, you will need time to turtle yourself in to protect yourself from attacks. As I pointed out before, this is purely a personal preference of choosing a strategy. Basically, you are taking the fun away yourself. Anyway, I digress.

• Thirdly, sufficient gold funds on the short and long term is a critical factor, Horned Reapers take a high salary and their training costs are the highest of all units (exception is the Avatar) and at the same time the slowest of all in fact.

• Fourth and final yet most critical, they can get pretty angry if idle…
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; June 10th, 2011 at 13:31.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

@Duke Rageweaver :
    Actually, I did a Campaign set up of Deeper Dungeons where I had a Secret Level to transfer in a level 10 Horned Reaper, and I would try to complete the game using nothing else but the Horned Reaper and of course, Terrain and sometimes Manufacturing Doors with other units just so my imps wouldn't go on dying randomly all over the place. Most levels were very easy, just some were more tedious.

The tougher ones included Batezek which was almost solo-ed, and Belbata which was probably the Hardest with a level 10 Horned Reaper.

Most of the rest are easy. In fact the first 2 DD levels Morkardar and Korros Tor both give you a level 8 Horned Reaper in ridiculously easy reach and can be used to solo the Level quickly. Korros Tor is a bit trickier, but doable using just 2 Level 4 Dragons and Level 4 Bile Demons.

Even on Caddis Fell with almost no gold (you start with 150 gold), he didn't get angry with me. The key is to keep him occupied at all times, even 1-2 tiles of Library is a life saver until you get Guardpost then rush for Gems. So long you have 1-2 handfuls of Gold to sprinkle on payday, he's happy. A Temple is really an unnecessary luxury, Horned Reapers are fairly easy to manage.

So I would argue that yes, the Horned Reaper is almost entirely OP all on his own. That said, I do agree that his late availability does somewhat affect how the game goes.
    Last edited by Zyraen; June 10th, 2011 at 13:49.
    No intention to play DK2

If cheap tricks give satisfaction, so be it.

Download it here!

Download it here!

I think there is a problem if my ONE level 10 Horned Reaper can kill the Lord of the Land, 2 Samurai, various support units (Wizard, Witch), 2-3 Giants, 2-3 Barbarian, all at level 10, even without Possession. Just a bit of a Drop and Pick to exhaust the Freezes.
    No intention to play DK2

You are contradicting yourself. If the Horned Reaper is so strong it can defeat all those named Heroes by himself, why did you still needed to interfere? Also with a cheap trick, on top of that…
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; June 10th, 2011 at 14:15.

Download it here!

Download it here!

at level 10 at the official campaing (the one wich you first meet the scavenger room)
    i used to be a really hard annoying lvl the enemy keeper had alot of dragons/biles demons he trained them fast and agressivly attaked you. i only maneged to kill them after i found out about the 2 increace lvl magic items...

after i had done the campaing agein i maneged to found a transfer creature magic item, (at the lvl with the 4 wizards)
    and i have transformed my lvl 10 reaper to the next realm

i possest him,rushed to the enemy dungeon heart, and killed it less then 3 min..

here is your proof duke

@Keeper_Infernal
    - you can also try transferring a Horned Reaper level 10 into level 20 with the Avatar. Clear out 2 Tentacles just north of your heart, then in Possession get to the Enemy Dungeon Heart. In the final map of the game, you can destroy the Enemy Keeper in the first 5-7 minutes of the game...

That said, the official Campaigns are generally much much easier than the Deeper Dungeons yet even a Reaper can be used there without much drawback, even if I start with 150 gold and won't get much gold until close to / past my first payday...
    No intention to play DK2