Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Engine Progress

Default Engine Progress

It’s a fun friday ™ filled with fresh frivolity for your fiendish eyes — so without further fracas I shall put forward what I know you’ve been waiting for eagerly all week. Our splendid programmer Patrick “Toro” Owens created a … Continue reading →

More...

Default Re: Engine Progress

Awesomeness, pure awesomeness. But I wonder- how hard would it be to create a level editor?

Great Stuff I had to admit, I was so busy watching the Imps at work, that I had to re-watch parts of it just to look at the Mini Map in the corner
    Dungeon Keeper 1 / Deeper Dungeons Fan
    No intention to play DK2

I'm Chinese, so please try and spell better than me...

Mini-map on the left... Heresy! (Sorry I have been spending a lot of time around the DoW2 forum). That said I'm liking what I see

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    how hard would it be to create a level editor?
    As I remember it was in the list of things they wanted to do. Not 100% sure but I think it is possible to do, though would probably require a lot of work to properly implement and would be a hell of a lot easer with access to the Unreal Engine's code.

Though please don't take what I said as anything more than speculation, I know even less than you do about current WftO goings on.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Wow, even without the final textures it looks awesome! I'd love to play this game... The mini-map is awesome, and the control seems to be better than DK1 and maybe even 2. Hopefully you can manage to create an editor!

A level editor is currently unfortunately nothing but speculation anymore. It's something the team has been thinking about, but for the time being at least it's decided that this should not take priority over the actual game.

Once we move towards a finish product, it's not impossible to find a map editor, but at this point in time, it's too early to tell wether we can make it happen or not.

obviously, we understand it needs time, it's not like we're asking for it NOW

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Quote Originally Posted by DonJoe View Post
    A level editor is currently unfortunately nothing but speculation anymore. It's something the team has been thinking about, but for the time being at least it's decided that this should not take priority over the actual game.

Once we move towards a finish product, it's not impossible to find a map editor, but at this point in time, it's too early to tell wether we can make it happen or not.

We have an Editor already, UDK
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

Quote Originally Posted by dotted View Post
    We have an Editor already, UDK
    People would probably want something way more convenient to use, though. Something that's actually built around the game and to specifically make maps for it.

The Awakening

In regards to questions regarding the level editor -- we want one, badly, however its priority is lower than the engine, so once the engine is done we'll know more!