Thread: Minor Bug Report No More Chickens...

Default Minor Bug Report No More Chickens...

This is an odd bug that came up when I was playing my Sandbox level.

In any case, halfway through the game my Hatchery stopped producing Chickens. Pretty Scary... I managed to resolve it by possessing Horny and killing one Player.

It stabilised, but shortly after it came back again and I got rid of the other Player, then it was all OK.

I can only guess that there's some limit on the number of "Things", referring to things like chickens on the level at any one time. I had 2 Hatcheries, and my enemies (2 Players) had 3 Hatcheries.

Note they each had 40 Creatures, I had 70 Creatures, and Player Good had something like 20 Creatures.

On the side note, there were some "wellknown" bugs occurring, such as that the AI was producing things like putting multiple traps on a single square. And he had a lot of trapboxes and a lot of workshops.. something like 6-8 separate workshops per player.

There was even a very strange situation where he put a Lava Trap under a Workshop... And so to clear the tile, I built a bridge over the Lava, and Sold the Workshop then the Bridge and it was gone, yes.. to reveal Water Beneath. Most interesting!

In any case, this is just for info. Its probably not something that's going to happen in a normal game, I think... Hope this helps!
    Dungeon Keeper 1 / Deeper Dungeons Fan
    No intention to play DK2

I'm Chinese, so please try and spell better than me...

Default Re: Minor Bug Report No More Chickens...

None of these are currently fixable, but I will fix the AI trap placing when it's possible.

You could also try to find "invisible" bugs by looking at LOG file. When playing debug version, there's quite lot of messages.

If you have UNIX utilities or MinGW installed, you can easily filter the error messages from LOG and send them to another file:
    Code:
    grep -iE "(warning|error|Onscreen message|fail)" keeperfx.log > keeperfx_errlog.txt

Ghost

I think mefistotelis has done an important change in KeeperFX repository:
    r502: Rewritten the function used for claiming enemy rooms. Also, prepared a macro for debugging problems related to things.

Probably this will help to solve this problem and others related to the things limit.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Yeah, the multiple traps placed on a tile should be fixed, but I also guess it will cause the computer player to build more workshops since he's gonna use less traps than usual. Building a few workshops is fine, but I think we should restraint the player to build too much of them. If they're filled, then they're filled. The computer player should put his creatures to train instead.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...