Thread: Mellow Rib - sandbox level

Smile Mellow Rib - sandbox level

As per the Discussion Thread
    http://keeperklan.com/threads/2032-S...2663#post32663

I'm now done with the Sandbox Level and its up for Release
    sandbox.zip

I set a separate Campaign for it to work easily with KeeperFX. Its called "A Sandbox Level", but I hope to eventually make it "A Sandbox Collection".

Note that the Script and Map have been changed to make it work better, and now stealing the Gems from the AI is considerably more difficult.

In a Nutshell, this is a "Sandbox" level, where you start with a 4 Gem Faces easily in reach. The only thing required to win is to
    - destroy the Hero Dungeon Heart in the North
    - You don't have to kill the Avatar.

================

So, you can ignore the other Keepers, who without Bridge and Scavenger Room and separated by Lava, are of no threat whatsoever to you.

Using Barracks, Temple and Torture Chamber Tiles, you control the frequency, strength, location of the Hero Spawns. Every Spawn always occurs in the Northern Hero Keep.

- Barracks : Default level 5 Heroes, 16, 25, 30, 36 will make each group harder. The last 2 groups are all Level 10.

- Temple : Default never spawns Heroes. 25,30,36 tiles will spawn Heroes at 20,10,1 minute (assuming 20 game turns per second).

- Torture Chamber : 30 tiles leads to Attacks with Tunnellers from the Southwest, and 36 from Southeast and Southwest. Both places only spawn the same time as in the Hero Keep.

There's an in-game message when you start the level, so look at it if you forget the Tile Number. Just don't delete the Message.

Note that each Room setting has a lag time, and it may take some time (about 1-2 minutes) for the map to "register" the change. Watch out when claiming enemy Temples as it could lead to very rapid Hero Spawns.

=================

Other Things to Note
    - there is a Central Area you can use to let the Heroes fight the enemy Keepers, or the enemy Keepers to fight each other
    - You can try to control 2 out of 3 gem faces from each Enemy Keeper as a Challenge
    - 2 Defensive Parties spawn when you first enter the Inner Keep, thereafter each time you pass by their area after at 10 minute intervals
    - One Keeper can use Chicken, the other can use Lightning. Neither can use Disease.
    - Enemy Keepers generally use only Steel and Magic Doors, and have only Poison Gas Trap. This is to try and reduce the effect of multiple-trap-in-one-square bug, hopefully.

Hope you guys like it, hope to hear your feedback!
    Last edited by Zyraen; June 12th, 2011 at 19:45. Reason: forgot to remove the Reveal Map...
    Dungeon Keeper 1 / Deeper Dungeons Fan
    No intention to play DK2

I'm Chinese, so please try and spell better than me...

Default Re: Mellow Rib - sandbox level

Please join the mapmakers permission group and you will be able to upload your level using the forum download section.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Thanks for the tip, I've Uploaded the File.
    BTW, please ignore the first submission, as I clicked Add file expected to be given another Option, but it went straight to moderation queue. You'll know which is right based on what has more content.

After that, please feel free to delete this thread completely, thank you!
    No intention to play DK2

In view of this - http://keeperklan.com/threads/2064-M...2881#post32881

Please delete this thread, thank you!
    No intention to play DK2

can someone delete this thread?
    No intention to play DK2