Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: WFTO=DK1 or DK2?

Default Re: WFTO=DK1 or DK2?

Ok, one question
    Will it be more feral looking units as opposed to humanoids?
    DK2 felt more like establishing a human settlement, there weren't many creatures IMO.
    *Feral=Beetle, Spider, Bile Demon, Salamander,

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

Yes, we will have more feral creatures.

First of, hey I'm new, great to find that there are still a lot of people that love this franchise and I applaud this project.

I have a question concerning this topic, it may be a little in depth though. Like many, I prefer DK1 to DK2, but I felt one thing that DK2 got right was that each creature had a specific role. There were almost no creatures who were meant for the same thing. In DK1, some creatures overlap and I know that in strategy games, overlapping roles are often confusing for the non hardcore players. Are you guys doing anything to make sure that each creature has a distinct role, or are you not worried about overlapping?

Each creature got a specific role in DK2? To my knowledge, it was actually worse than DK1 because everything except Black Knights, Dark Angels and Warlocks (for research) was pretty much useless.

Anyway, yes, we're trying to make sure that every creature has a specific role. The primary goal is that every single creature has its own uses - even the DK1 Beetle will be useful.

The Awakening

I have to agree with you that they were mostly useless (definitely in multiplayer), that was mostly because the game was poorly balanced around the roles, but they did have their own roles, especially early game. Goblins were definitely meant to do something, they were meant to protect you while you got your Dungeon up and running, but because it was so easy to get Black Knights early on why did you even need that?

I hope that clarifies what I meant a bit. Because if a creature won't do anything for you, why get it?

Thanks for the quick answer!