Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Viking

Default Re: Viking

I don't like the idea of Nobles as Heroes, since the Barbarian, Thief, Giant, are all very un-noble IMO, going by their nature. In my view, I don't think Samurai should have been there from the beginning, but since it is, Viking wouldn't be too out of place.

If I were to indicate a personal viewpoint of DK1's restriction on the Heroes, maybe DK1 seems to have been based on variants of medieval Europe setting, it seems to be consistent in DK1 Hero depictions and is only broken by the Samurai. In that setting, even if there were no Viking, there might still be something looking similar to the Viking in the line-up, perhaps under a familiar name of Barbarian or even simply Berzerker.

For the Monster-pick in DK1, it seems to be built around a few staples and a few originals, so I don't think it comes from all lands / religions / folklore. There are a lot of creatures / ghosts in many other folklore all around the world, most of which are not present in DK1.
    Dungeon Keeper 1 / Deeper Dungeons Fan
    No intention to play DK2

I'm Chinese, so please try and spell better than me...

Anyone else have an advert for viking-direct at the top of this page? Found it funny.

On topic, I like this idea, I'll probably get flamed for saying this but I wouldn't mind seeing something like this replacing the Giant (which I've always found really vague and generic), to give the hero class some depth.
    Last edited by amcoops; June 22nd, 2011 at 17:03.

Quote Originally Posted by amcoops View Post
    Anyone else have an advert for viking-direct at the top of this page. Found it funny.

On topic, I like this idea, I'll probably get flamed for saying this but I wouldn't mind seeing something like this replacing the Giant (which I've always found really vague and generic), to give the hero some depth.
    I have an advert for D2Legit.com.
    Reinstalling d2.

The Giant is a WONDERFUL unit. He's simple. Big. Brutish, and sexy. Both can coexist in a happy relationship.

I dont get it yet,is this idie is already accepted,or it is still needing some changes?:

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

We are making all necessary changes we need to in order to make the viking better, so I'd just put this thread to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by james.heinichen View Post
    I have an advert for D2Legit.com.
    Reinstalling d2.

The Giant is a WONDERFUL unit. He's simple. Big. Brutish, and sexy. Both can coexist in a happy relationship.
    Couldn't agree more!

Looking at all these suggestions, I think we're getting too bogged down with crazy and complicated spells.
    Dungeon keeper never had many stuns, DoTs, or AoE, and whilst I think these would be nice additions on boss creatures, I don't think it's necessary to have every creature get 10 spells.

I personally LOVE the giant for its simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lquiz View Post
    Looking at all these suggestions, I think we're getting too bogged down with crazy and complicated spells.
    Dungeon keeper never had many stuns, DoTs, or AoE, and whilst I think these would be nice additions on boss creatures, I don't think it's necessary to have every creature get 10 spells.

I personally LOVE the giant for its simplicity.
    I completely agree. IMO there are too many new creature spells being proposed for WftO. Just think about the original game: there are 26 different spells that the 30 creatures and heroes can possess. Some creature/hero suggestions (for WftO) I've seen are trying to introduce 6 spells which would be unique to that creature. Why add so many spells when the gaming experience probably won't improve much as a result? Also, I'd like to know how the programmers, modellers and concept artists feel, it's surely going to create a lot of extra workload. And my final concern is how easy it's going to be for a new player to get to grips with what each spell does, it might take them the entire campaign if not longer.