Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ice Terrain

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Ice Terrain

Ice Terrain

Information

Author's Note
    Ice Terrain is something I thought of after making my Ice Archer, but then I forgot about it and so I never made it. However, due to this thread, I suddenly remembered my Ice Terrain idea and decided to work it out.

About Ice Terrain
    What Ice Terrain does is very simple. It causes Units to slip and fall, thus causing a 0.2-0.7 second stun time, depending on how fast or slow the Unit is. How often a unit slips depends on their movement speed. Slower Units like the Giant or Dragon would never have a problem slipping and falling like the Hell Hound probably would. Some Units can walk on ice without a care in the world, such as the Tentacle or Ice Archer. And of course, Flying Units are uneffected by ice.

Another thing Ice Terrain can cause is cause a sliding effect. How much a Unit slides depends on their movement Speed. For the slowest of Units, they suffer no sliding at all and can come to a complete stop without a problem. For any unit faster than the slowest, they can slide a distance as small as a tenth of a tile, or as far as a whole tile. The max sliding effect can only be reached by the fastest of Units combined with a Slap and Speed.

Ice Terrain can be claimed. Traps can also be built on it, but Rooms cannot be, unfortunately. The more clever Player would take the ice under consideration when placing his Traps down. As a result, he can make his Traps more effective due to terrain advantage.

If a Lava Trap is placed on the Ice Terrain, then once it is triggered, the Lava Trap will instantly be destroyed and the ice will permanently be turned to Water.

Where it Can Be Found:
    Ice Terrain can be found alongside of Dirt Path or even water. It is more commonly located in Icy Realms, but it can still be found in other Realms if there is a cold spot on the Land.

Appearance:
    Ice Terrain, as expected, appears to be just frozen water. Therefore, its appearance will resemble the water within the current texture type that the realm uses.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; June 18th, 2011 at 06:05.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Ice Terrain

Man... First my Viking,now my ice terrain? WTF MAN? I want a credit for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    Uh, no? Don't you remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    This reminds me of a tile I thought of after creating my Ice Archer, but I never posted it. It was an Ice Tile as well but it had a bit of a different effect I believe.
    I thought of this long before you even began posting in the Suggestions forum.

Author's Note
    Ice Terrain is something I thought of after making my Ice Archer, but then I forgot about it and so I never made it. However, due to this thread, I suddenly remembered my Ice Terrain idea and decided to work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    Oh and also, if you didn't check the post date of my original Viking, I also created that way before you made your Viking. In fact, before you even joined Keeper Klan.

You were only gaining partial credit because once I asked kyle what he thought of your Viking, he told me he liked the concept of a Viking. So he got me to revise my old Viking. Pretty much because of both you and me, it prevoked kyle into getting me to revise my Viking. Don't forget who actually did all the revisions to my old Viking that turned him into something kyle liked and that was worth implimenting.

Tesonu is napping!

Do like. Yes please, sounds like it will make for a very interesting tool for mapmakers.

The Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    Do like. Yes please, sounds like it will make for a very interesting tool for mapmakers.
    I'm sure you'll be looking forward to using this in some levels :P

Tesonu is napping!

I'm sure you'll be looking forward to using this in some levels XP
    Indeed.

The Awakening

A simple yet fine idea, must have.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    A simple yet fine idea, must have.
    This seems to be getting all the Mapmakers' love. XD

Tesonu is napping!

Well, yes. It's simple and yet holds a lot of potential for creativity in maps.

The Awakening

Would the short stun duration (0.2-0.7 seconds) give enough time for a slip animation? Or are you not proposing using an animation?

Also, why not consider dexterity? It makes sense that a highly dexterous creature slip up less often than a clumsy giant (plus I want to see a giant stack it on ice!). Maybe the programming guys can make some equation using speed and dexterity (and luck?) to determine the chance different creatures fall?

I like this idea though, as people say it gives another element to maps and also provides a good reason to have snow levels.