Thread: KeeperFX 0.40 bug: green box don't appear

Ghost

Default KeeperFX 0.40 bug: green box don't appear

I attach a savegame to test the bug, this is how to reproduce it: press the second mouse button over the workshop icon to go there, without moving the screen view, try to build more workshop blocks near it, the green box doesn't appear. If you move the screen, now the green box appears.

My graphics configuration is:

FRONTEND_RES=640x480x32 640x480x32 640x480x32
    INGAME_RES=640x480x32 1024x768x32

fx1g0003.zip
    Last edited by jomalin; April 23rd, 2012 at 16:19.

Default Re: KeeperFX 0.40 bug: green box don't appear

Got that issue several times, so I finally rewrote the "volume box" - that's how it is called in code. I also preallocated some place for it, so it's drawn even if the rendering array is exceeded.

Ghost

OK, I know than exceeding an array can be possibly a programming bug in many programs... but sorry, I can't understand what you mean, because I don't know what is the "rendering array", what it contains or what it is his utility, because I don't know how the implementation of the rendering engine works exactly. But thanks for the information!

Only a question: why the original "volume box" functions worked for higher resolutions without changing the code and now the rewritten functions fails in that?

Quote Originally Posted by jomalin View Post
    Only a question: why the original "volume box" functions worked for higher resolutions without changing the code and now the rewritten functions fails in that?
    You're all wrong.

I recently changed zooming code, and that's why the rendering array was exceeded - because it allows more "zooming out".

Now I rewrote the volume box code and preallocated place for it, so the issue is fixed on SVN.

That's all. Problem solved.

Imp

If you finish a level whilst torturing the Lord of the Land and visit the 'Torture Screen', the next level will have the pointer stuck as an arrow i.e. no hand and no volume box.
    The only way to restore things back to normal is to quit KeeperFX and reload.

Ghost

That happens when you move the cursor to the gui before the game is playable (as in the animation from the dungeonheart to the playing view) Somehow the hand of evil doesn't load fully then.