Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Armory

Default Re: Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    So you mean this is basically a global upgrade on every creature (for a price, I assume) that can be constructed in the workshop? Otherwise, could you explain more clearly?

Sorry I should have been more clear. We're planning on introducing a Talent/Tech Tree -- something that allows static upgrades / new spells / traps / et cetera for the player as they progress through the storyline.

The short version is that:
    Each level completed will give you "points" to spend.
    You spend points in a style similar to most any RPG where you unlock abilities / improve your character.
    Unlocked nodes allow static changes that effect each subsequent level after they are unlocked.
    There will not be enough talent points in the campaign to allow all unlocks -- allowing for multiple play-throughs with more diversity.
    Each tree is balanced (or will be) to allow any player to customize their gameplay to best suit them -- e.g. if one player prefers to turtle/turbo noobie then they can go through the entire construction tree -- improving traps effectiveness and unlocking new traps, whereas a player who favors heavy armies can improve their creatures hp/armor/attack et cetera.

These effects take place immediately and do not need to be researched/built in-game, however this may change based upon balance &/or other needs.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by james.heinichen View Post
    Sorry I should have been more clear. We're planning on introducing a Talent/Tech Tree -- something that allows static upgrades / new spells / traps / et cetera for the player as they progress through the storyline.

The short version is that:
    Each level completed will give you "points" to spend.
    You spend points in a style similar to most any RPG where you unlock abilities / improve your character.
    Unlocked nodes allow static changes that effect each subsequent level after they are unlocked.
    There will not be enough talent points in the campaign to allow all unlocks -- allowing for multiple play-throughs with more diversity.
    Each tree is balanced (or will be) to allow any player to customize their gameplay to best suit them -- e.g. if one player prefers to turtle/turbo noobie then they can go through the entire construction tree -- improving traps effectiveness and unlocking new traps, whereas a player who favors heavy armies can improve their creatures hp/armor/attack et cetera.

These effects take place immediately and do not need to be researched/built in-game, however this may change based upon balance &/or other needs.
    After I finish the Units, I'll look to see how "balanced" that Tree is. I'm still against the idea though, seems a bit farther away from Dungeon Keeper's style of playing in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

And how "balanced" it is also depends A LOT on the map itself...
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Is this even conected to the armory somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    Is this even conected to the armory somehow?
    It is related to its purpose.

The Awakening

Then if so, why not accepting the armory? you guys basicly hate the armory, yet create a simillar idea.How is that logic? (unless its a credit fight,that makes things diferent..)

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    Then if so, why not accepting the armory? you guys basicly hate the armory, yet create a simillar idea.How is that logic? (unless its a credit fight,that makes things diferent..)
    We didn't create a similar idea, we already had it before you made your suggestion.

The way to implement this is also as far as I know still to be discussed. There may be an armory room, there may be not.

The Awakening

... Fine dont give a shit about the credit, just make it a room since its the coolest way i think this idie can be implemented..