Default Re: Getting on the development team

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    Zomg! Teh drama. (c)
    lol'd :')

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Quote Originally Posted by elamre View Post
    ... wtf is ur point? its just my opinion k? im grown up this way. and i know the dangers of it. i just want to know if its secure :S
    please end this useless post count spamming argue, and go ontopic again...
    Your concerns are perfectly valid, but we want your real name if you want to be a developer and thats how it is. If you don't want to give up your real name to us you are not gonna be a dev member. I think we should leave it at that.

i get it, i get it. i did use my real names the 2nd time

Gamer IDs

Please note some of the areas, such as level design has a very low priority for a user on Google Apps. As at this stage we are not a all ready to start doing levels. If we were to have a level designer on board at this stage he/she would in effect be the lead level designer. Other areas are in the same position.

However that doesnt mean signing up as a level designer is in vein, because it tells us who you are, how to contact you and what you want to work on.

Also we only contact people through the email they provided if they got a user created on Google Apps. Do not sign up again if you haven't received an email as it only floods our list. As said before we are limited to 50 users, so we try to be very conservative about handing out accounts.

Development meetings so far have been public, so getting on Google Apps is not that important

On a side note, beta testing is 100% public so please don't sign up as a beta tester.

...so what happens?...

Hello guys,
    I'm going to spend a couple of months developing Dungeon Keeper-like game, and would really like work in a team. However, after downloading War For The Overworld sources (0.1?), I can see that they were written be unepxerienced programmer, and are useless in sense of developing successful game.

I am sure I can write an advanced next-gen engine for Dungeon Keeper (here is my previous work - http://www.spin-tires.uuuq.com/, a driving game, which won Intel Level Up 2009), but doing everything on my own is a really time-consuming and boring task.

Anyway, I've sent a request via your system, so please let me know what you are up to.

Thanks,
    Pavel.

P.S. Your concept art is just amazing!

Hi. I tried to go through the system but the provided url on the first page gave me this error:
    A server error occurred. Please contact the administrator.
    I would like to help out in anyway possible, my key strenght is programming.

I'm currently doing my Masters Degree at University in Computer Science with Games Development.
    I have experience (from the degree) in C#/C++, OpenGL, GLSL (OpenGL's shader language for Shaders), some limited DirectX and Prolog.

Gamer IDs

Works fine, try again

What programs would be recommended for level design for when the time comes? Or is there no definite choice yet?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Madkill View Post
    What programs would be recommended for level design for when the time comes? Or is there no definite choice yet?
    Unknown at this point, but i hope we will be able to produce a level editor at some point though.