Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Imps priority

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: Imps priority

Yeah, when you drop a creature in front of an enemy door, it's mainly to attack the door. I think it would be a nice idea to alter that for imps.

Quote Originally Posted by jomalin
    If there is an enemy door and you place a trap just in front of it, and you leave a Imp there, try to fill the trap before hitting the door.
    Assuming the slab in front of the enemy door is mine and making the change I proposed, you can hit the door with any creature except the imp. You can test the two situations I said with my savegame.
    Here, you can simply drop the Imp, not straight on the square where the trap is, but NEXT to it. It works the same and is less complicated.

In all cases, you can simply drop the imp in a free area and one of them will automatically go to claim the path. If, however, you're into a hurry, drop the imp on the square in front of the enemy door and slap the imp twice to make it move on the next square OR, dig the earth block (if possible) at the opposite direction of the door in possession mode to make a cross path. Drop the imp into that new dug square and he will continue to claim the path without attacking the door. Representation below:

Code:
    |O|
    |O|
    |O|
    |O|
    DOX
    |O|
    |O|
    |O|
    Here, dig the square at X in possession mode and drop the Imp there to claim the new path and keep claiming the remaining of the path.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by jomalin View Post
    Sorry, I have make a mistake (the slab just near the door was mine), the correct draw is this:

| ES |
    | ES |
    | ES |
    | ES |
    DOS | --> if I put imps in that slab with the hand, they will hit the door and they don't go to claim the slabs
    | OS |
    | OS |
    | OS |

I will try to find my savegame with this issue and post it here
    The last post in the SVN has this:
    Rewritten part of imp claiming enemy room

Has this been corrected? I think now is the oportunity because it is fresh code for mefisto... The savegame was in a backward post in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by jomalin View Post
    The last post in the SVN has this:
    Rewritten part of imp claiming enemy room

Has this been corrected? I think now is the oportunity because it is fresh code for mefisto... The savegame was in a backward post in this thread
    No, selecting nearest job after being dropped is completely different part of the code.

What I recently rewrote is claiming enemy ROOM, to fix the fact that if part of the room was not revealed and tagged for digging, then after claiming that part would still be tagged.

EDIT:
    Any fixations in imp job selection will be possible when creature_being_dropped() routine is rewritten.
    Last edited by mefistotelis; September 11th, 2011 at 20:10.

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    EDIT:
    Any fixations in imp job selection will be possible when creature_being_dropped() routine is rewritten.
    OK, good! Thanks

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    But the door issue is definitely something worth changing; will try to look into this later.
    I saw that your last KeeperFX SVN modification is about diggers:
    r661 Small updates in the area of special diggers jobs.

So, now you have the code "fresh" on your mind. Could you please change the imp priority I told on my first post of this thread?

Thank you

The change was about autonomic tasks of the diggers, but I'll try to look into dropping too.

OFF TOPIC: Jomalin: how did you manage to attach a file? I was trying for days to attach some files but without success...

IN TOPIC: the real thing that I hate from imps priority is the fact that when you're claiming enemy territory and there are dead bodies near the border line, when you drop Imps they will think just to drag bodies and only then will think to claim territory. If there are lightning traps on the enemy tile this become reaaly frustrating. How to outdo it without selling the Graveyard?
    Last edited by friscmanseby; January 25th, 2013 at 17:17.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: StanleySweet Raptr ID: stanleysweet

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    OFF TOPIC: Jomalin: how did you manage to attach a file? I was trying for days to attach some files but without success...

IN TOPIC: the real thing that I hate from imps priority is the fact that when you're claiming enemy territory and there are dead bodies near the border line, when you drop Imps they will think just to drag bodies and only then will think to claim territory. If there are lightning traps on the enemy tile this become reaaly frustrating. How to outdo it without selling the Graveyard?
    About off topic. This subject is already discussed in the nighly builds. For now we are not able to my knowledge to upload anything anymore on this website.

Ghost

I saw on the KeeperFX SVN:
    r665 Modified digger tasks - imps will now prefer selecting dungeon tasks over combat.

That's perfect! Thank you mefistotelis.

The bad thing is I cannot try it because we can't download the Nightly builds :-(

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: StanleySweet Raptr ID: stanleysweet

Sorry About that here you go (That's 666XD)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0ameib6krc4k7bn