Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Imps priority

Ghost

Default Imps priority

Hi,

I had some problems with the Deeper Dungeons level 3 in KeeperFX 0.40. When I had discovered a large corridor of ONE SLAB OF HEIGHT, if there was a door, the imps I left there with the hand, never tried to claim the slabs, they stop at the door hitting it. Can this priority be changed to Imps? Imps are not good to attack a magic door... Is better to claim the slabs before hitting the door. This is a quick draw of the situation:

| ES |
    | ES |
    | ES |
    | ES |
    DES | --> if I put imps in that slab with the hand, they will hit the door and they don't go to claim the slabs
    | OS |
    | OS |
    | OS |

OS = Owned Slab (1x1)
    ES = Enemy Slab (1x1)
    D = enemy Door
    | = wall

Default Re: Imps priority

Yeah I encountered this problem in Deeper Dungeons Dakagorn, where there's enemies coming at your Imp just after he claims past a door. The net effect is that I reload when that happens, or if I don't feel like it, I drop Horny down and smash the door before dropping the imp.

edit : not dixaroc, dakagorn
    Last edited by Zyraen; June 24th, 2011 at 09:16.
    Dungeon Keeper 1 / Deeper Dungeons Fan
    No intention to play DK2

I'm Chinese, so please try and spell better than me...

Ghost

Yes. I think this in code is something like that: when lefting Imps just in a enemy door, check if the slab near the door is claimed or not, if it isn't, claim it before hitting the door. Mefisto, can correct me...

Ghost

Also this other kind of priority I think it will be good to modify:

If there is an enemy door and you place a trap just in front of it, and you leave a Imp there, try to fill the trap before hitting the door.

| ES |
    | ES |
    | ES |
    | ES |
    DES | --> if I put imps in that slab with the hand, they will hit the door and they don't go to claim the slabs
    | OS |<--- Place the imp here, and he should claim the square in front of the door.
    | OS |
    | OS |

Quote Originally Posted by jomalin View Post
    If there is an enemy door and you place a trap just in front of it, and you leave a Imp there, try to fill the trap before hitting the door.
    That would make it impossible to hit the door until trap is refilled; I don't like that.

But the door issue is definitely something worth changing; will try to look into this later. Btw, you shouldn't be able to put an imp on enemy slab, so I'm guessing you're dropping him on nearest of your slabs.

Ghost

He means that if you drop an imp on claimed land (your land) or neutral land which is in front of an enemy door, the imp will attack the door instead of claiming the rest of the path.

Only in that case the Imp should claim the rest of the tiles instead of attacking the door.

Ghost

Sorry, I have make a mistake (the slab just near the door was mine), the correct draw is this:

| ES |
    | ES |
    | ES |
    | ES |
    DOS | --> if I put imps in that slab with the hand, they will hit the door and they don't go to claim the slabs
    | OS |
    | OS |
    | OS |

I will try to find my savegame with this issue and post it here

Ghost

OK, here it is the savegame to test what I say about the imp trying to hit the door before claiming the slabs. Leave the imp in the slab just near the right door...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    That would make it impossible to hit the door until trap is refilled; I don't like that.
    Sorry, I didn't explain me so well, assuming the slab in front of the enemy door is mine and making the change I proposed, you can hit the door with any creature except the imp. You can test the two situations I said with my savegame.
    Last edited by jomalin; June 24th, 2011 at 17:08.