Thread: About the torture room..

Default About the torture room..

Hello keeper klan!

I am a really big fan of this room,its actualy my favorite! (No,i am not a sado-maso fan,i just like to see heros suffering.)

But there is alot of things that disturbes me in that room:

-AI does not know how to use this room(he does not heal the captives)

-Its overpowered and abuseble,can form armys of infinit minions

-They way the creatures re-acts when placed at the room is cheap,the simply walk thowards the torture desk,and if there is no extra torture desk,they simply hang around there,till they turn comes.(Pathetic.)

-Some creatures has that lame default torture animation(the torture puts a sack on the victim,and simply dances near him like a stupid fagg..),and there is allot of creatures who has it,Giants,Dwarfs,Knights,Avatars,Hornys,Samurais,H ellhounds,Monks each...

-In reality,no one will survive more then 2 min in that room,and some survive even 15 min..

My suggestion for all of this issue is this:

-To make the torture room much less abseble,and AI friendly,cancel the need to heal creatures before torture by reducing the time each crature needs to be converted low enough so it wont die before converted.Now to make this room less abuseble and realistic,lets add a chance of instant death,instead of getting converted,the creature will simply die.The chance shold be realy high,like 50% or even highr,this way it will be more balanced,and realistic.

-about the way creature re-acts when placed at the room,lets make an animation of the torturer chancing,and capturing the victim,instead of the victim going to the desk by itselfs.

-and finally about the default torture animation,simply be more creative,create more torture animation,for example a dwarf can be chopped with his axe,and a monk can be crusified or something..

Hope you like my suggestion,pleas leave comments!

Default Re: About the torture room..

I'll have you be reminded (again) that WftO is not a Dungeon Keeper 1 remake.

Many of these 'issues' were already fixed in DK2.

As for the abusability, remember you'd have to catch the creatures in the first place. Also, you can't form armies of infinite minions with it. That be the graveyard in DK1.

The Awakening

Both the graveyard and the torture room. you can create a army of heros,or creatures,or even ghosts (they are not useless,actually they are quite usefull after they gain rebound and drain.)Besides,its more realistic..

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    you can create a army of heros,or creatures,
    Gotta imprison them first...
    or even ghosts (they are not useless,actually they are quite usefull after they gain rebound and drain.)
    It takes one creature to get one ghost. You can either turn your own creatures (not Imps, you can't torture your own Imps) into ghosts (limited by portal cap/enemy converts), or turn your enemy creatures (limited by having to get them first) into ghosts. It's not possible to get infinite ghosts, and especially not infinite creatures.
    Besides,its more realistic..
    It's also more realistic if creatures instantly die when they get a lightning bolt thrown at the face. That doesn't make the game any better. Realism isn't everything.

The Awakening

.. i see you dont like the instant death chance idea,well i wanna hear the commets of others aswell.. i still think it can add some more chalenge to the game.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: beringline

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    I'll have you be reminded (again) that WftO is not a Dungeon Keeper 1 remake.

Many of these 'issues' were already fixed in DK2.

As for the abusability, remember you'd have to catch the creatures in the first place. Also, you can't form armies of infinite minions with it. That be the graveyard in DK1.

You can't really blame the guy for sharing his feedback and mind to us.

Keeper_Infernal, I think your input is pretty good, and as previously said of course, some of these things were fixed in DK2.

We are of course trying to keep this game as balanced and challeging as possible