Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Prison room

Imp

Default Problem with Prison room

After KeeperFX version 0.39a.

The Prison room is broken.

Enemy imps can also be dragged into the prison which I don't think is supposed to happen, and human creatures don't get converted to a skeleton after they die from starvation.

Then later on I ran into an unknown issue with my own creatures attacking the enemy's Dungeon Heart that was using my own imp as health bar 1 as the enemy's Dungeon Hearts health, but it was invincible, so the Dungeon Heart didn't get destroyed, neither did my imp in the middle of it, and all my creatures were just attacking my imp in the middle of the enemy's Dungeon Heart.

Not sure if it's also to do with the prison bug or not.

Default Re: Problem with Prison room

I've had the imp in the dungeon heart bug before, you can possess a creature and destroy the dungeon heart.
    You were always able to take enemy imps into the prison, I quite like stealing their imps, I'm cheap

Enemy imps can also be dragged into the prison which I don't think is supposed to happen,
    Ehm, I think its allowed in the vanilla DK game. I could be wrong though.
    Dungeon Keeper 1 / Deeper Dungeons Fan
    No intention to play DK2

I'm Chinese, so please try and spell better than me...

Ghost

You can imprison Imps, no bug there.

What might be considered a bug, is that the AI doesn't make new imps until the imprisoned ones are dead or converted. So if you prison all the AI's Imps he will be dead in the water. Maybe something can be scripted so the AI will always have 4 operational Imps, to keep things challenging.

Ghost

Some months ago, I also had the bug Replica said: my creatures were attacking the enemy dungeon heart and it never get damaged. That was in one of the middle or last levels of Dungeon Keeper original campaign, can't remember exactly. I never posted that because I thought that bug was related to the famous thing limit bug...

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Replica View Post
    After KeeperFX version 0.39a.

The Prison room is broken.

Enemy imps can also be dragged into the prison which I don't think is supposed to happen, and human creatures don't get converted to a skeleton after they die from starvation.

Then later on I ran into an unknown issue with my own creatures attacking the enemy's Dungeon Heart that was using my own imp as health bar 1 as the enemy's Dungeon Hearts health, but it was invincible, so the Dungeon Heart didn't get destroyed, neither did my imp in the middle of it, and all my creatures were just attacking my imp in the middle of the enemy's Dungeon Heart.

Not sure if it's also to do with the prison bug or not.
    Can you post or attach your "keeperfx.log" file generated when you played KeeperFX and those things occur?

Imp

I noticed the bug with the imps and the Dungeon Heart when imprisoning is on, seems to happen allot on a multiplayer map when I was playing in Skirmish mode as just 1 player "Level 145 DD Multi 11".

Not sure if the log tells anything interesting though, but I tried to re-run the map and it seemed to of happened to an enemy imp this time for a while, then I stopped and came back and it was ok and I managed to destroy the Heart.

So maybe the imps have to get knocked out around the Dungeon Heart first while imprisoning is on for it to happen.

The log file I generated @ http://multi-players-zone.com/keeperfxlog.zip

Imp

Attacking The Dungeon Heart with enemy imps around it where the imp doesn't seem to ever die seems to happen almost all the time on Level 145 DD Multi 11.

I played it again a few times in single player, and it seems that imprisoning needs to be turned on.

The enemy imps need to be attacked around the enemy’s Dungeon Heart.

And then hopefully you will soon be attacking an invincible imp.

This is all the Orcs locked on and attacking one imp it seems, at like 1 health bar, the imp still standing there doing not much.

Not sure the log shows much but here it is attached to this post.

I was using Orcs at the time, around the heart.

I assume they will stop attacking the heart then attack the enemy imp first if it appears.

I attacked the Blue player first.

Attachment 828

Attachment 829 - Saved game to load is "Test".

You can also load the saved game called "Me" to see it happening exactly. << To much gold in this save cause I was lazy and wanted to hurry to the bug.
    Last edited by Replica; June 27th, 2011 at 18:32.

Ghost

In your log file is:

Warning: Game Creature States config file "crstates.cfg" doesn't exist or is too small.

Looks that this data file is incorrect or the file doesn't exist in your hard disk. The others warnings mefistotelis can told you something or confirm the bug is not related to incorrect data files or an "user" error.

I suggest you to try this level again with the latest KeeperFX version (0.40) and pay attention if the bug persists:
    http://keeperfx.keeperklan.com/keepe...40_complete.7z

Decompress the .7z file in a new folder, you will need the original Dungeon Keeper CD to let the "launcher.exe" take some files from it. Select the "keeper" folder from the CD when executing "launcher.exe". After that, the CD is no longer needed (only if you want the music ingame).
    Last edited by jomalin; June 27th, 2011 at 18:39.

Imp

Ah.

Not sure why it's missing.

I will try again soon with a fresh installation.

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

Managed to try it again with a fresh install of v0.40.

There is no more problem with the creatures being converted into Skeletons.

And I don't think there is any serious imp problem at least when I tried again with the new v0.40.

"crstates.cfg" was missing and this was the problem, because I compiled the source code instead of use the full installer.

I see you have added some new files in the new KeeperFX v0.40.

And this is what happened, leaving me with some missing files, due to compiling the executable's instead of using the full installer as I switch between different versions and SVN's :-).

It's a nice new installer you have there.
    Last edited by Replica; June 27th, 2011 at 19:24.

Ghost

Imps and Dungeon Hearts is not really a bug, but more an inconvenient circumstance. If you have imprisoning on, Imps get stunned, stunned creatures can still be attacked (try it in first person mode) If an Imp gets stunned near the Heart, which happens a lot, since Imps start attack when they are around the Heart. Creatures sometimes hit the Imp(s) Instead of the Heart.

Dropping cave-in (to wake them up) or turning off imprisoning (they still need to wake up though) will "fix" it.

Making creatures unatackable while stunned is an option too, but I don't know if that can easily be implemented?