Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Iron

Default Re: Iron

1 What do you mean by "efficiency" of a room?

2 How do you distribute to what creatures you want the imp to deliver? Do you think it will work better than throwing creatures directly? How do you control the imp considering upgrades? what if the imp takes the armor you're about to upgrade?

3 So what your saying, that 10 goblins are eventually, worth 1 bile demon? that is ridiculous, do you want to invest in 10 weak creatures or 1 powerful?

You totally missed my point. Assume that your making an upgrade for goblin (armor). You see a goblin icon, choose armor and see the price. Thats all. Simple. You choose another creature, set the upgrade, see the price. below there will be arrows <> to increase/decrease number of upgrades to be made.

I disagree with the library upgrading. How do you make warlocks to research an enchant? How do you differentiate? It's much easier to throw them into workshop and make them do some magic over the armor.

"Do you think the percentage increases are too high, or too low? Consider there is one upgrade only yet it can be used for different creatures (Like 3 "fire" goblins and 2 "ice" goblins). Also consider that the real bonuses go to magic users and magic creatures who usually have low physical defenses and can be taken out by probably one hit of a giant."

Strategy. Who needs magic upgrades when you face mostly melee units. It's like Red Alert or any other strategy. Why buying airborne units when enemy has a lot of anti air? This is the key. The more variations of gameplay, the more interesting the game.

I am also thinking of making "either or" option. you have either an armor upgrade, or an enchant upgrade. This would make you think more and analyze the situation.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

We are just talking here. I find it fun. Unless it is decided to put in, there's nothing to worry about.

Besides-
    When I was younger, I used to love mixing playdoh. I didn't know any better, but the colors looked awesome. Unfortunately, I grew out of it when I learned not to do that. Barely lasted a year. Lol

Edit-I knocked myself off the 100th post for this? Raawwrr!

Edit2-Wow, one minute late.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Dre@m View Post
    This is what I dislike the most.

People get a good idea, then go how about we add, tiers to it! Nice, lets add MAGIC to it. Nice, magic armor enchantments, why don't we add UNIQUE armor per creature. You get the pattern, eventually the good idea which was pretty simple becomes bogged down and resembles nothing of the good idea and is now a mush of different things that isn't very good at all.

A way to enterpret this:

You have some red playdoh, you think, nice but red is pretty simple, lets add some blue to the mix and make purple. Purple is good, but I want something more, so you add some white to the mix and you get pink, someone else comes along and goes, I like pink, but I want my green mixed in too! Eventually you end up with something that resmebles the colour of puke.
    You are right to some extent. You are wrong at one thing.

We are trying to imagine different opportunities. We try to think what changes will it make, and how it will contribute to the game. We are not saying, "Oh cool! lets do it! lets have this and that and that.." Thats why we have a discussion. I disagree with people, people disagree with me. As an initial idea giver, I will not let it convert into something ridiculous. I want to hear different opinions, even the craziest ones.

If you did not noticed, I try to put it a) simple b) efficient c) useful.

1. DK1 did that, building larger square rooms and reinforcing the walls brought the higher efficiency.

2. They'll dilver it like they do doors and traps, it is an alternative.

3. It is an example. The amount spent on that one bile demon could be spread to 10 goblins. There is a big differenace in bonus increases in that large amount, but the creatures themselves aren't too top notch. The overall result is better, but will take more time. And you will want to make upgrades for your stronger creatures for other reasons.

Well, it looks more like your idea increases the army. I was thinking more towards individual ideas.

It was an idea, I was trying to expand yours. Name a better way.

The upgrades could be used in different situations. Remember level 15 (The fairy fortress one) of DK2? Using lightning increases would make your army edge out. And that is an example of a good situation.

I like the "either or" option.

Tesonu is napping!

I completely disagree with magical buffs ontop of the buff you get from the armor. It doesn't really make sense. I mean, the armor is there to just give your troops a fighting chance in battle. Say you've been hit hard by an assult, barely pulled through. You know the enemy is mounting another attack soon. You can't attract enough creatures but your economy is steady.

So you shove everyone you can into the workshop, lock them in and mass produce armor. Equip all your creatures and prepare to stand against your enemy, or even a desperate assult on their base.

Also, on the topic of "you'd just buff your stronger creatures" that isn't exactly the case. You might have a few strong creatures, but that can hold themselves. So you might buff your weaker ones, overall giving your army more strength than just buffing the highest level.
    Last edited by Dre@m; September 30th, 2009 at 15:59.

Which is why we are still disgussing it. We aren't even sure if it will be a short time or a long time (Probably the latter) and it isn't fully decided upon bonus amounts. But if you have enough time to build armors, you can probably try and build an armor. Or both.

Tesonu is napping!

Ok, considering your ideas:

1. As in DK2, the more room space + walls - the more you can carry in.

2. Preferable delivery through "here you go" method (hand), or, probably, imps running around. The problem with imps is, it runs somewhere with an armor and dies. well, probably a "could live" idea still, I agree.

3. Now about the buffing. It is not "to make weak stronger". It is not "to make strong even stronger". I don't want any excuses to make weaker creatures more sturdy, this is not the point. I don't want to make bile demons "walking walls" too. The point is, read it carefully, to give a player an opportunity to strengthen his army. That's all. No individual aspects, no making favorites. The upgrade price for a creature should be equal to the creatures overall value, not like "okay, goblins pwn in this armor, so I attrackt 100 goblins and pwn everyone", remember, this brings us back to a DK/DA concept. We don't want that.

4. Either you enchant magic to fight magic-using creatures, or you make matal plates to improve armor. So be it. I like this idea more, too. More balanced.

On Point 4.

I am so REALLY against the magical enchantment idea. I honestly think it should just be simply DAMAGE RESISTANCE and not MELEE RESISTANCE + MAGIC 'x' RESISTANCE.

Why? Explain.

Because it's just a simple buff. Why does everything have to have complexity behind it, why can't it just use simple addition?

Explain WHY it HAS to have enchantments without describing it as adding "depth" because that is a bs reason.