Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Customization: Imps!

Default Customization: Imps!

Imp Customization
    The ability to customize your imps would be a cosmetic part of the game, you could dress your imps to look like clowns or miners and watch them run around looking all fancy!
    I think one way this could work would be by finding parts of an outfit in hidden chests, they wouldn't show up on your map until you luckily mine the area that they are in and getting rid of the fog-of-war in that area, the chances of a chest to spawn on a map would be fairly rare and you won't always get a chest on the map you're playing on!

Where Chests Could Be
    Chests could be in a heavily guarded area, meaning you'll need to FIGHT your way through the enemies to reach the chest and claim whatever's inside.
    Chests can spawn in multiplayer and singleplayer maps, they'll have a higher spawn rate in multiplayer than single player; that way you'll have to fight other players to claim the chest instead of A.I enemies.

Item Ideas
    I came up with a few outfits;

Miner's Outfit
    Mining Helmet
    Mining Bag
    Mining pick

Lil' Reaper
    Lil' Reaper's Horns
    Lil' Reapers Scythe ( a pick which the Imp uses)
    Lil' Reapear Shoulder Guards
    Lil' Reapers Boots (Boots that look like hooves)

Hero's Outfit
    Hero's Helmet
    Hero's Sword (Would make the imps pick look like a sword)
    Hero's Shoulder Guard's
    Hero's Cape

Please leave Outfit suggestion, and please leave feedback!!!

-WhatADungeon

Default Re: Customization: Imps!

No one got any thoughts on my idea? No one interested in customizable imps?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatADungeon View Post
    No one got any thoughts on my idea? No one interested in customizable imps?
    Have patience.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daharka Jones

I like it... but oinly because I play Overlord 1 and 2 ALOT. If I dont think about Overlord, and instead think about Dungeon Keeper, I find I like this idea less... but only a little bit less mind.

edit: Perhaps if the Imps are just restricted to wearing bits of armour like helmits, shoulder pads and the such. Nothing to big and heavy, but no weapons.
    Last edited by Lord Onatu; July 13th, 2011 at 21:01.

It's a nice bit of added visual fedelity, and UDK certainly allows for such things. An overlord like system would probably work best, scavange esthetic items from fallen heroes or fallen creatures. But that's all I'll say about it for now. This feature will not be used as in overlord, where it has an influence on the gamesplay. At least, it wouldnt make sense to me if it did. As such, this is a pollish feature to me; something to be considered in a later stage. It's nice to have, but a feature we have time to ponder before it needs to be considered for implementation.

I'd like to hear what others think about this.

I remember that there would be creatures with several textures (as in the creature has a random outcome as appearance)

Beetle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: frontliner2

I really love this idea!!

It could be so that you have a few skins/versions of imp that you can choose to always apply when you play. This could be done in the options menu for instance. You could have Imps with different clothing/armor, different coulours and even the shapes/forms may vary a bit, as long as they are easily distinguishable as Imps and nothing else.

+1 kudo for you ! :-)

I absolutely absolutely absolutely love this idea, it really is awesome..

having said that though, i'm not sure if we have the time for character customization - 40-50 models is a lot of work, giving them different gear is another story.
    (nevermind the extra coding/UDK work involved)

However, because I TOTALLY love this idea, how about this:

- We keep it for the Imp & Dwarf Only - only 2 models is 100% okay for me
    - They are the ones with a lot of "gear" anyway...they need pickaxes, belts/pockets/etc and also the bag... most creatures dont have so many "tasks". (imps fight, dig, claim, fortify, carry slaves/items/traps)
    - we go all out since its only 2 characters, and make it uber awesome - lotsa customization.
    - we add it to the Special "Tomb" menu as unlockables.

and finally, if we gonna have this, it must actually do something.
    I'm thinking we remove the tech tree items related to the IMP, and move that into this "Imp customization menu"
    We then have each item improve the imp, like faster fortifying, faster claiming, digging/etc *independent* of imp level (so it will boost imps even at lowish levels)
    (for example an imp with "bigger backpack" at level 2 can carry as much as an imp at level 6)

We need some sketches on this, this is just too awesome to not have.

can we have some input from the coders if this is viable?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	impgear.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	449.7 KB 
ID:	841

I've created a pic for the concept artists to doodle ideas over, if they want

I love this idea alot,infact i suggested something simillar only for rooms,yet for some reasons ppl started to say things like,"This is no The Sims 2 Infernal.."

Also,scavenging items from fallen heros,that simply awsome! It will add so much evil,the wey we will use and recycle dead boodies,not only like vampires..