Thread: Suggesting Powerful "artifacts" to WFTO

Default Suggesting Powerful "artifacts" to WFTO

Okay.... 1st of all... Hello community!

and to on topic, I just have read all the info about incoming WTFO... Actually I can't wait it but I'll be patience...

I have no idea is there room "temple" but if there is, then my suggestiong might work even more better...

Any artifacts, what can be found (e.g. Increase Level, Rescurrect Creature, Make Safe, Destroy Walls etc...) those should be used to on temple, instead of just using them by clicking with evil hand...

And that is not at all what I think... how about if somewhere would be possible to find some gems which would make some creatures stronger, or even remaking a new creature with these powerful gems (and what you would not be possible to get as from portal). I got this idea from DK II as portal gem and I tried to remake a portal gem as an object and to drop it to the temple with any creature, which would be possible to choose other creature (hero or original) This actually worked though I could not see any texts or windows to see what I choose so it was always random but it worked anyway. (and everytime it crashed after it came a creature, except if there came same lol)

Those temples should be working like that, so if you find any artifact, you should just drop it to the temple and it might be possible to increase levels, or dropping any gem, with creature there would be possible to select brand new creature which would not be attracted from portals...

If this idea would be provided to be working fine and will be on this great game, I would get an orgasm with 9000 power!

About artifacts, I don't know, let's just create them And these should be pretty rare stuff!

EDIT: Just want to add, where those artifacts should be stored, maybe in Libarary or Treasure room or just completely new room... Those should be objects like money is...

And if making dropping some artifacts to the creature, they would get new ability (like Dragon would get freeze ability) But that isn't the important option, perhaps then if making many different artifacts laying somewhere special place then this might be possible too, but not so important than what I am really suggesting

EDIT: an example:

Knight (converted of course) + Black Gem (or whatever, just an example) = Black Knight (what obviously should not be able to get in normal
    circumstanses

EDIT: Okay, more info to not get confused...

It would mean that creature would be possible to get MORE than 9 abilities... how to get more? Pressing Shift+number to get the alternative abilities when possessed creature... Of course... Would need a hell a lot damn much gems to get huge amount of abilities but... no idea.

yeah, and when putting a creature to the temple pit with gem... if creature HAD a gem before making a transform, the alternative abilities should be stay in active... but of course it can be also resetted, up to you

EDIT: lol but: http://fateref.110mb.com/Gems.html

and http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/ps2/d...achments.shtml

and http://guides.gamepressure.com/stalk...de.asp?ID=8986

those were the links where I really got this idea lol
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; July 25th, 2011 at 08:26.

Default Re: Suggesting Powerful "artifacts" to WFTO

Hello

well some of your ideas already exist in the game,only in a diferent way.. knight can be turned to a black kinght simply by sacrificing to the temple a knight=turncoat spell,and the new room for storing magic items,is infact the librery..

and the idea of using Magic items only with tample,well i dont really like it,it will make the magic items useless without the tample,and make the tample even more overpowered.. (infinit mana,infinit creature spamming,dark angels.. not enough?? Oo) And if we will make the portal gem a creature creating item,we will infact ignore the lore of the game... (portal gem is used to transfem the dungeon heart from land to land,am i right?)

So we shold here the opinion of other keepers aswell,but i dont think this suggestion will make it so far,atleast not in this version..

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    Hello

well some of your ideas already exist in the game,only in a diferent way.. knight can be turned to a black kinght simply by sacrificing to the temple a knight=turncoat spell,and the new room for storing magic items,is infact the librery..

and the idea of using Magic items only with tample,well i dont really like it,it will make the magic items useless without the tample,and make the tample even more overpowered.. (infinit mana,infinit creature spamming,dark angels.. not enough?? Oo) And if we will make the portal gem a creature creating item,we will infact ignore the lore of the game... (portal gem is used to transfem the dungeon heart from land to land,am i right?)

So we shold here the opinion of other keepers aswell,but i dont think this suggestion will make it so far,atleast not in this version..
    Well, it was an fresh suggestion... about what I mean is that those magical items should be pretty rare and the portal gem was only example, not likely how it should be done

Yeah, kinght with turncoat spell can do a Black Knight... okay so there is no problem for me...

But you can use those magical items to creatures itself, I quote this from myself: "And if making dropping some artifacts to the creature, they would get new ability (like Dragon would get freeze ability)"

And don't get this as demanding... it was friendly suggestion, I will love the game without these stuff and never going to left from it.

Yea, I think again Library should be using magical items

Increase Level and other stuff... maybe Evil of Hand can do then them...

But without temple you can still use those gems to attach them to creatures, using a temple would just "COMPLETE MODIFICATE" from original creature so there is no similar version at all

@ what about DK II I never used any Temple stuff at all... I only attracted creatures and temple should be like from DK I... in DK II, temple sucks actually

EDIT: And in which way temple is overpowered? maybe in DK II... not in DK I and Scavenger Room was a really a key to Victory, just build it faster than others and let them Scavenge... you win then
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; July 25th, 2011 at 10:09.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMaster21 View Post
    I have no idea is there room "temple" but if there is, then my suggestiong might work even more better...
    Yeah, it would be a totally smart decision to take one of the more used rooms from both DK1 and DK2, and axe it completely. Of course there will be a Temple room.

Any artifacts, what can be found (e.g. Increase Level, Rescurrect Creature, Make Safe, Destroy Walls etc...) those should be used to on temple, instead of just using them by clicking with evil hand...
    And what if I don't want to use artifacts right away and I happen to have a temple? I may want to save my Resurrect Creature special for later, you know.

Also, I don't see any reason to change this from the standard of both DK1 and DK2.

And that is not at all what I think... how about if somewhere would be possible to find some gems which would make some creatures stronger, or even remaking a new creature with these powerful gems (and what you would not be possible to get as from portal). I got this idea from DK II as portal gem and I tried to remake a portal gem as an object and to drop it to the temple with any creature, which would be possible to choose other creature (hero or original) This actually worked though I could not see any texts or windows to see what I choose so it was always random but it worked anyway. (and everytime it crashed after it came a creature, except if there came same lol)

Those temples should be working like that, so if you find any artifact, you should just drop it to the temple and it might be possible to increase levels, or dropping any gem, with creature there would be possible to select brand new creature which would not be attracted from portals...

If this idea would be provided to be working fine and will be on this great game, I would get an orgasm with 9000 power!

About artifacts, I don't know, let's just create them And these should be pretty rare stuff!
    It would certainly help much if you actually gave us any sort of idea what these 'artifacts'/'gems' would be like. I have no clue what they would generally be like.

EDIT: Just want to add, where those artifacts should be stored, maybe in Libarary or Treasure room or just completely new room...
    I don't see any reason for them to be in the Treasury, and the Library is already filled enough with spells, existing specials and the occasional Warlock if there is still room for that.

Those should be objects like money is...
    So you dig them out of walls? You would get gems out of gem blocks? I think gem blocks were enough as infinite gold blocks, now they're going to be infinite upgrade extracting blocks as well. That's not going to work out.

And if making dropping some artifacts to the creature, they would get new ability (like Dragon would get freeze ability) But that isn't the important option, perhaps then if making many different artifacts laying somewhere special place then this might be possible too, but not so important than what I am really suggesting
    Sounds horribly abusable. It would easily allow for broken combinations, such as a Bile Demon with Lightning which would beat just about anything else in the game.

EDIT: an example:

Knight (converted of course) + Black Gem (or whatever, just an example) = Black Knight (what obviously should not be able to get in normal
    circumstanses
    Considering that there is no Black Knight, and that even if it were, it'd be statistically completely identical to the regular Knight, this seems rather pointless.

EDIT: Okay, more info to not get confused...
    You keep confusing me more with every edit.

It would mean that creature would be possible to get MORE than 9 abilities... how to get more? Pressing Shift+number to get the alternative abilities when possessed creature... Of course... Would need a hell a lot damn much gems to get huge amount of abilities
    Of course, because a Bile Demon with Lightning is not enough, we can also have a Bile Demon with Lightning, Heal, Speed Up, Protect, Rebound, Drain, Hailstorm, Freeze and Slow (and its regular skillset, of course). Because what the game needs is the ability to create creatures so broken nothing can beat it without equally broken abuse. Yeah, totally. (Not).

but... no idea.
    I have the feeling that this is rather descriptive of the suggestion in general.

yeah, and when putting a creature to the temple pit with gem... if creature HAD a gem before making a transform, the alternative abilities should be stay in active... but of course it can be also resetted, up to you
    Why would I want to reset my [creature]'s [powerful spell by gem] anyway? More spells is obviously better.

Looking at all three links, I don't see the idea of gems like these work out in Dungeon Keeper, especially if there will be an Armory room or somesuch to upgrade creatures in a more traditional way.

The Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    Yeah, it would be a totally smart decision to take one of the more used rooms from both DK1 and DK2, and axe it completely. Of course there will be a Temple room.
    I am never sure...

And what if I don't want to use artifacts right away and I happen to have a temple? I may want to save my Resurrect Creature special for later, you know.

Also, I don't see any reason to change this from the standard of both DK1 and DK2.
    ok

It would certainly help much if you actually gave us any sort of idea what these 'artifacts'/'gems' would be like. I have no clue what they would generally be like.
    np

I don't see any reason for them to be in the Treasury, and the Library is already filled enough with spells, existing specials and the occasional Warlock if there is still room for that.
    Then plan it... it isn't my project and mine is suggestion only obviously

So you dig them out of walls? You would get gems out of gem blocks? I think gem blocks were enough as infinite gold blocks, now they're going to be infinite upgrade extracting blocks as well. That's not going to work out.
    in this point you understood me wrong totally... but seems no matter to explain it further... whatever

Sounds horribly abusable. It would easily allow for broken combinations, such as a Bile Demon with Lightning which would beat just about anything else in the game.
    not every creature would use same artifacts obviously

Considering that there is no Black Knight, and that even if it were, it'd be statistically completely identical to the regular Knight, this seems rather pointless.
    Dude, it was an example... just let it go out of your mind about this okay? thanks

You keep confusing me more with every edit.

Of course, because a Bile Demon with Lightning is not enough, we can also have a Bile Demon with Lightning, Heal, Speed Up, Protect, Rebound, Drain, Hailstorm, Freeze and Slow (and its regular skillset, of course). Because what the game needs is the ability to create creatures so broken nothing can beat it without equally broken abuse. Yeah, totally. (Not).
    No... -.- Where I did say we have to go like that? whatever....

I have the feeling that this is rather descriptive of the suggestion in general.
    k

Why would I want to reset my [creature]'s [powerful spell by gem] anyway? More spells is obviously better.
    I have no idea but spells eats gold/mana? Those would not... and again it was an example...

Looking at all three links, I don't see the idea of gems like these work out in Dungeon Keeper, especially if there will be an Armory room or somesuch to upgrade creatures in a more traditional way.
    This is hard to explain but if I have time I can PM to you and show more about what I was going to mean

Anyway... seems 2 people understood me wrong, maybe because I can't be understandable, I have to show you some pics then...

I am glad you are not whining about deleteing thread only because I have different things in my mind, Thank You

Then plan it... it isn't my project and mine is suggestion only obviously
    It is your suggestion. We're not going to do all the work planning your suggestion for you.

in this point you understood me wrong totally... but seems no matter to explain it further... whatever
    You seem to not even care about the suggestion.

not every creature would use same artifacts obviously
    How do you define which creature can use which artifacts and which it can't use?

No... -.- Where I did say we have to go like that? whatever....
    You didn't, but the implications are very much there.

And you display again that you don't care about the suggestion. If this suggestion isn't even worth your time, why would it be worth our time?

I have no idea but spells eats gold/mana? Those would not... and again it was an example...
    Uh, no. Creature spells never cost anything.

Also, it wasn't an example, it was a clear statement.

This is hard to explain but if I have time I can PM to you and show more about what I was going to mean

Anyway... seems 2 people understood me wrong, maybe because I can't be understandable, I have to show you some pics then...
    Don't bother PMing, just post here. Might make it more understandable for everyone else here.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

From what little I can understand of that mess of a post - it is not intuitive, it makes life harder and it holds no advantage over systems previously implemented. Unsurprisingly, I totally agree with Moth on this one.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Sounds a bit messy. I don't see this fitting in any way