Intelligence: Low
    Construction: Moderate
    Training Rate: Low
    Training Cost: Moderate-High
    Wage: High

Skills:
    Level One: Bite (Melee)
    Level Four: Thirsty Veins
    [Single Target. The 'Beholder' opens it's mouth, causing the red veins within it's maw to shoot out to stab any targeted enemy. Cooldown: 15 Seconds]

Level Eight: Bloody Veins
    [Multiple Target. The five veins on the back of the 'Beholder's body will shoot out at five different enemies. Cooldown: 25 Seconds]

Level Ten: Protect Self

Information:
    A disembodied eye that has a rip in it's body just below the pupil that acts like the mouth for this abomination of a creature. It's maw constantly drips blood of it's victims, and the bloody veins in it's mouth. It cackles as it wretches the eyeballs of corpses out from their sockets, enjoying such small sweet treats from humanoids.

The 'Beholder' is a Disembodied eye from some sort of demon that has apparently evolved to think for itself from it's once mindless state, however it is not as intelligent as many would think.

Behavior in Dungeon:
    The 'Beholder' floats around in the Dungeon, sometimes... But other times it prefers to follow and watch others, making their skin crawl as it watches them...
    The 'Beholder' isn't the best at Research, despite being a eye it lacks a developed brain to read efficiently. However, the 'Beholder' can manufacture at a moderate pace.

When a 'Beholder' comes in contact with a Corpse with eyeballs (And the 'Beholder' is injured), it'll quickly plunge out the corpse's eyes and eat them, recovering health. (Or, if faster to do, it'll eat the head.)
    If, somehow, a 'Beholder' is idle, it'll start cackling as it floats around the Dungeon.

Jobs:
    Watch Other
    Guard
    Eat Eyeballs
    Mindless Idle Cackling

Obtainable By: Neutrals, Convert

Hates: Nothing

Loves: Nothing

Anger reaction: The Creature will start attacking others.

Lair: A squirming mass of red veins, which has a hole for the 'Beholder' to fit into and the veins then close over it like a eyelid.

Appearance: Beware, another one of my bad paint drawings!

How Introduced: I have no clue at the moment how the 'Beholder' enters the scene. xD

Attracted by: Unobtainable from Portals

Entrance Effect: Well, if hacked in, the effect would be blood bursting out of the portal, the 'Beholder' coming out of the bloody mist.

Torture: The Torturer will repeatedly stab the pupil.
    Last edited by Evi; August 10th, 2011 at 22:34.

Default Re: 'Beholder'

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    Battle Style: Glass Cannon?
    Health: Very High
    Doesn't look like a Glass Cannon to me.

The Awakening

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    Doesn't look like a Glass Cannon to me.
    Well, with Very Low Armour, what would it be?

Hello Evi

I like the very creative suggestion,through I think that somethings mainly at the stats dont really fit from a logic aspect.

-Its a flying eye,why will a flying eye will have anything close to "very-high health"? I mean seriosly,just its pupil with your finger and it shold crawl back to his bloody vein lair.

-The eye is the organism who is responsible for the existence of the stat named "accuracy" ,leaving the Beholder with a "moderate" accuracy is quite unlogic if you ask me..

-Since its just a flying eye,how do you expect from it to work at the workshop at all? i mean seriosly what does it do there,melting metal with laser beam? he shold rater be a reasercher,his eye shold be finding things quikly.

-about his battle style,you can problely understand from what I said earlier that I am against making the Beholder a tank creature,in my opinion it shold be or a melee support creature (will deal great damge,yet will hide behind bile demons while doing so.),or if you really insist in making it a defensive unit,make it a unit with high magic def (usually it shold posses Rebound if its this kind of creature.)

Okey,I said what have to say. In general I think it its a great idea for a creature,you just need to change the way it works in my opinion. Good luck

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Hello Infernal.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    I like the very creative suggestion,through I think that somethings mainly at the stats dont really fit from a logic aspect.

-Its a flying eye,why will a flying eye will have anything close to "very-high health"? I mean seriosly,just its pupil with your finger and it shold crawl back to his bloody vein lair.
    That's Armour you're talking about there Infernal, and it's Armour is Very Low. Besides, Demon Eyes are stronger than normal eyes, since the grease and blood of demons slightly hardened it. xD
    That and being exposed to the air for so long made it all crusty and... Ew...

-The eye is the organism who is responsible for the existence of the stat named "accuracy" ,leaving the Beholder with a "moderate" accuracy is quite unlogic if you ask me..
    As much as I would like to increase Accuracy, it would make it broken as it's moderate damage is deadly enough without it not missing at all. That and the 'Beholder' lost it's lens.

-Since its just a flying eye,how do you expect from it to work at the workshop at all? i mean seriosly what does it do there,melting metal with laser beam? he shold rater be a reasercher,his eye shold be finding things quikly.
    The Bloody veins on it's back will grab and do stuff that makes stuff and such, and it likes hitting stuff.
    As for the researcher, this thing is completely insane, cackling madly and eating corpse eyeballs. That and it's brain is poorly developed.
    What if it's unable to read though? It might be dyslexic. D:

-about his battle style,you can problely understand from what I said earlier that I am against making the Beholder a tank creature,in my opinion it shold be or a melee support creature (will deal great damge,yet will hide behind bile demons while doing so.),or if you really insist in making it a defensive unit,make it a unit with high magic def (usually it shold posses Rebound if its this kind of creature.)
    It's more aggressive than defensive, just wanting to bite people and rip them in half. Tank is, however, fine for it, since Protect Creature will make it a FEARSOME hostile.

Okey,I said what have to say. In general I think it its a great idea for a creature,you just need to change the way it works in my opinion. Good luck
    Thanks for the suggestions anyhow, been awhile since I got these. xD

I swear Beholders look more like... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10468-beholder_super.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	870 which would be pretty rockin and worth being a menace. Beholders in D&D are NOT creatures you want to cross often.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dilas View Post
    I swear Beholders look more like... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10468-beholder_super.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	870 which would be pretty rockin and worth being a menace.
    There is a line between suggesting something original/different and just copy and pasting the same thing over and over. I just drew the picture in how I see it in a DK sense. Heck, these were in DK1 as the Scavenger Room eyeballs.

Beholders in D&D are NOT creatures you want to cross often.
    Yeah, they been nerfed alot from the get go.

Heck, these were in DK1 as the Scavenger Room eyeballs.
    Why not making them be attracted by the scavenger room? or better yet make them supream scavenger rater then librerians/workshop workers..

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    Why not making them be attracted by the scavenger room? or better yet make them supream scavenger rater then librerians/workshop workers..
    Because I can't remember if the Scavenger Room is going to be in WftO. I would like someone to tell me if it's going to be in WftO or not first before I go ahead on that.

That will be a shame to get rid of the symbol of dk1.. I mean just type "Dungeon keeper 1" in google pic`s, you will see scavenger eyes right after you will see the reaper talisman. (which means that this room is surly something appealing.)