Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: new creatures

Default new creatures

I have a little problem. I'm tring to make a brand-new creature that is 10 times stronger than the elite dark angel, but everytime I try to make a new creature, the editor (pro) crashes. And if I rename the elite dark angel, I can't put it on the map.

Any answers to this problem?

Default Re: new creatures

It's not actually possible to add anything like that to the game. It was a feature that was never finished(like text dialogues) because the developers were taken off the game around the same time as DK3 got cancelled.

The fan edited pro version never got round to finishing it either(not yet anyways) as it does seem like quite a big task for a game that constantly crashes anyways XD

But I've seen it done before, so I'm woundering if you can, Using any way

You could in theory modify one of the other creature types like one of the Princes. I just tried it and it seems to work.. except it's the prince just with a modified name/attacks. He's still even called Prince Tristan in the game, not the Ancient Elf I tried to make

Test 2 making an Ancient Knight with Prince Tristan - it worked, except it didn't because it still looked like Prince Tristan(even after changing everything I could) and secondly the creature type was still called "Prince Tristan", regardless of me renaming it.

Test 3 I tried modding a black knight(elite/unique) instead, the game just errored now I have a buggy annoying noise thats stuck on a loop...

Ah well, at least we can modify all the creatures that are currently in the game and make them unavailable or available...

I think it is possible to modify the elite dark angel so that he is 10x stronger, but that means that all of them are 10x stronger(all the elite ones)...

Sorry that I couldn't help much, if you find a way elsewhere, I'd love to know!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

I got it to work. But I'll be telling you off memory, but I did manage to make a map with this. Well... let me just start up my computer then edit this post...

Edit-
    Please read all of the post before trying, you may look back after/during you map.

Okay... I found the map I made. By the way, changing the names only affects the editor, not the map because DK2 doesn't look to the map for the creature name types. Also, you can't make more of certain things because I think it constantly checks the amount of the existing creature types, and if it doesn't equal then it crashes. Either that, or it is because it has no default mesh to begin with or perhaps some other data that needs to be there yet isn't (Because it starts it out as blank) and thus causes the game to crash. You can, however, have infinite spells and objects.

Alright, you will want to have access to the additional creatures in the creature pool. When I loaded the map, no access. But then when I opened a new map, it allowed me to see all creatures, even the imps and heroes. So after you make your map, close out the editor. Then open it up again, and load the map you made. No additional creatures yet? Don't worry, not done yet. Create a new map (Keep your other map open) and then you should see the new creatures. Then load up your map again and it should be available. So as a check-list, you should have three maps open...

1. The map you just made.
    2. The new blank map.
    3. The map you just made, this one with new available creatures in the pool.

Now close out maps one and two. Then modify the new creatures so you can attract them. You should at least see imps, skeletons and vampires, as well as all heroes in the creature pool. If you don't, don't freak. There may be a good reason as to of why, and it will be explained in a bit. By the way, ignore the heroes in the pool. They won't work unless you modify them a bit, I'll explain it when I explain why your new creatures may not be showing.

Now I am looking at my modified unique warlock. He is meant to be a sorcerer, but that doesn't really matter. First, the reason why the heroes aren't available is because they are unchecked on "Available Via Portal" and are set to be "Is Good". Now, make sure that it is unchecked on the "Is Unique" so it can be its own attractable species. It is next to the Gender association, which I have no idea what does.

If you want them to be named as a species as well, meaning that their names vary, then go down to "Unique Name Text ID:". It will have a number. Set it to 0. However, I recommend you leave it alone for a reason that will be explained in a bit. Below that is the "Sound Category". Modify that if you wish, copy and paste the sound name of a creature you want into this one. I have no idea what the Translation Sound Category is, though I recommend you don't touch it. I may do a few tests on it later to see if it works.

Below "Death Effect" to the left side is "Clone Creature". Set it to None. Make sure you have attractions available for that creature as well. Go down to the bottom and look at "Portrait Resource". You can probably figure out what this does. Copy a creature you like and paste it there.

Look at the width beside it. Double it. This, as you may have figured out, will make the portrait twice in size, yet it won't knock any other portraits off, and will just look strange and be cut off down the middle. The reason for this is so you can tell the difference in the game that it is your unique creature.

This is also why you may not want to change the Unique name, so you can tell that it is a different creature. You may have noticed the "Unique Resource". Because you unchecked the "Is Unique", it will ignore this setting. This is the texture used in-game by the way.

---

I believe that's it. If there are any further questions, PM me with the map and stating the question. I can have a look at the map to see if you did everything correctly.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; October 1st, 2009 at 23:59.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

This post is to attract the attention, look at the previous post for the info.

Tesonu is napping!

Thanks, I'll try it out now, and get back to you to see if it worked or not

Your welcome. I feel like such a nerd right now, but then again I am very curious about things and therefore enjoy testing out these features. It adds joy to buggy games.

Tesonu is napping!

will the game crash if you modify the skins?

because if the answer is yes- then it is possible to add new creatures