Thread: DD: Can't save game

Default DD: Can't save game

Hello fellow DK fans, this is my first post here so ehh.. yeah.

Anyways,

I had a problem while playing DK1 (without FX), that my enter key didn't work... like, if I tried to save a game, I could fill up a name, but if I pressed enter it wouldn't save it?
    The same thing happened when I get to the hiscores; I could enter a name, but I couldn't press enter... This forced me to use ctrl+alt+del to close DK, and then I could use 'Continue game'
    to just go to the next level. I just couldn't play any longer this way, because I've experienced another 'bug'; sometimes when I press M for map, and get back to the game, my creatures inventory
    to the left disappeared... Now when I save and load the game this is fixed (due to KeeperFX),

Now I'm using KeeperFX I AM able to save/enter highscores, so that last bug doesn't bother me anymore.

I've finished the DK1 original campaign now, and so I just started the DD campaign and I'm experiencing the same problem; I can't save my game nor enter highscores.
    Now I'm pretty sure I can finish the campaign without saving, but that bug still comes up once in a while, and without being able to select my creatures from there the game sucks lol.

I'm also planning to play some online matches sometime, and just checked out the 'menu' for the heck of it; when I go to Multiplayer > TCIP (or whatever), and I try to enter my name, I can't press enter either..?

Any help would be very much appreciated, sorry for the long first post lol.

Btw, my OS is Vista 32bit.

Thanks.

Default Re: DD: Can't save game

As another KFX player, I recall experiencing the missing Creature Inventory at times, I use Tab to get it to appear again.
    Can't help you with the Save Game problem though...
    Dungeon Keeper 1 / Deeper Dungeons Fan
    No intention to play DK2

I'm Chinese, so please try and spell better than me...

Thanks for your response,

I pressed TAB and it indeed work... but after that, the M for map didn't work anymore lol.

Going to reinstall the game hoping it's fixed, will post if it works.

Zyraen would you like to play an online match sometime by the way? Have you already tried it, does it works well?

---------- Post added at 05:19 ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 ----------

Game reinstalled and problem not fixed... hm

---------- Post added at 05:30 ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 ----------

And now I got the 'full problem' back, I can't save ANY game... and note this is not a 'save game' problem, I just can't press enter..?
    I've had this problem with the original DK1 (not DFX), but I've got no idea what it is... anyone?

What keyboard layout are you using?

Try deleting settings file inside save folder.

KeeperFX uses different keyboard driver than original DK - it uses SDL library. Maybe it's an issue related to SDL?

I would love to try out Multiplayer (probably would get trashed...)
    But I only have KeeperFX 0.39a right now.
    I might try a second version of DK installation once I get my Return of The Keeper campaign completed
    Since it would be sad to have a non-working copy while trying to complete the Campaign.
    Last edited by Zyraen; August 25th, 2011 at 10:30.
    Dungeon Keeper 1 / Deeper Dungeons Fan
    No intention to play DK2

I'm Chinese, so please try and spell better than me...

@mefistotelis

This actually worked, thanks. One thing which also change though, is my resolution I guess? If I go to map for example, it will showup in the upper-left corner, and the rest of the
    screen is filled with black, but I can live with that.

@Zyraen

Okay cool, whenever you finished your campaign or you wanna try an online match PM me.